Pages:
Author

Topic: How is the safest of the 'safest ways' to store Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 613 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 3014
This is exactly why you should keep very little money on your cellphone in hot wallets and the majority of it should be stored in wallets such as hardware wallets ( trezor and cold cards tend to be the most recommended) or if you know how to properly establish them paper wallets (though extreme care should be taken when creating these types of wallets).
Activity: 2324
Merit: 454
greetings to all, when I read an online news I was surprised by this news

Caucasians rob Italian citizens of money and Bitcoin in Bali with a total value of IDR 5.8 M.

Then, one of the perpetrators took the victim's six cellphones and another cellphone containing the victim's bitcoin account by asking the victim for a password.

"And if they are not notified, then the perpetrator will kill the victim's wife by sticking a knife to the victim's wife's neck. And then the victim will tell the cellphone password," he said.(english translation )
https://www.cnnindonesia.com/nasional/20211228141520-12-739596/bule-rampok-uang-dan-bitcoin-wn-italia-di-bali-senilai-total-rp58-m

the digital era requires us to save our money on smartphones, now more and more people are traveling with cellphones that contain digital money or even the bitcoins they buy. is there a safe way for us to stay safe from robbers when we have bitcoin assets on our smartphone, thank you

Nowadays, most people really mainly use their mobile phones to install apps related about their finances. Apps such as digital banking, investment, trading, NFTs and the likes are now usually stored in a mobile device. This is because it is more convenient to have it stored in a portable device that you could take with you anywhere and anytime. This is really beneficial because you could access your accounts wherever and whenever you are. You could easily monitor the flow of your funds: deposit and withdrawal, in a snap of your fingers. However, this has its risks too.

Despite having the convenience as an advantage. Mobile phones being mainly used for your finances possess disadvantages too. Mobile devices could be easily stolen by someone. It could be misplaced and never be found again. And it could be broken in just a snap as well because of accidents and the likes. Hence, if you store all of the finances related things in your mobile device, you are also putting at risk the funds you worked hard for. This is why most people prefer to use an additional security aside from pin and pass codes of their phones to make their accounts and funds safer. Most people invest in hardware wallets that could give them the assurance they need in terms of securing their money. These hardware wallets protect the accounts from the hackers because every transaction that would be made would need an authorization and verification on the end of the user's hardware wallet. They have to confirm the transactions first before it push through which makes their accounts in different financial aspects safer compared to those people who don't have one. But this type of security also have its weaknesses of course. The user must still be the one responsible of his actions. If the user would not be careful enough and will be easily deceived by scammers, their funds would still be at risk (if they will give them the information they need such as email, password, and seedphrase).
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
If you have a lot of money in crypto it is recommended that you keep them in different wallets. This is for your own security purposes and peace of mind .
Even if you have an hardware wallet, it's again better to have more than one.
witcher_sense did a good job explaining how you can use the same hardware wallet, generate multiple different seeds, and keep your coins separated. But it's still not a bad idea to diversify your bags among different brands of HWs. Just in case a catastrophic event happens to one particular wallet that you own.   

There is no need to buy mutliple hardware wallets if your bank roll is small.
That depends. Is it going to stay that small forever or are you planning to increase your stash? If you keep adding new coins on a regular basis and the value of Bitcon keeps rising, you will have much more than you had in the past.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 100
save money on your cellphone or in your wallet, I think it's safe as long as the key is not known by others, my advice is to save the key on paper and put it in the vault, don't save it on your cellphone or laptop because it's connected to the internet, it can be a cellphone or laptop at hacked by irresponsible people.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 4313
🔐BitcoinMessage.Tools🔑
If you have a lot of money in crypto it is recommended that you keep them in different wallets. This is for your own security purposes and peace of mind .
Even if you have an hardware wallet, it's again better to have more than one. However it only implies if you have a lot of money. There is no need to buy mutliple hardware wallets if your bank roll is small.
In my opinion, it is unnecessary to have multiple hardware wallets to store large sums of money, especially if you are holding a lot of shitcoins like censorship-compliant stablecoins, centralized frequently hard forked coins, NFTs, DeFi, etc. It only makes sense to store your savings in the most reliable cryptocurrency that grows slowly, but inevitably, which is bitcoin. But even if you have large sums in the most reputable currency, you don't need to keep it in your hardware wallet all the time. Just set up your wallet, generate a seed, back it up on a piece of paper twice, generate several addresses and fund them with a small amount and then wipe the device. Then take your back up and restore your wallet: if you see your small bitcoins, then you did everything right. The device is safe and ready to be funded with large amounts. Once you sent your coins to the new addresses generated by your device, wipe it again and hide somewhere the backup of your seed. Now you have gotten a free hardware wallet which can be utilized for small everyday transactions unrelated to your main savings. Generate a new seed, repeat the above steps, but this time don't wipe the device. You have saved on buying additional wallets, which means you can purchase even more coins.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
When the lives of your family members are at risk, it doesn't really matter how you store your coins. What are you going to do? Are you going to tell the robbers I am not giving you my coins, feel free to torture my wife and child?!

If a robber knows about Bitcoin, gets access to your phone, and finds a crypto wallet, he will try to get you to give it to him. The only way you can protect yourself is by not storing all your coins in the same wallet. Diversification is the key. Keep just a portion in a hot wallet (such as a phone), while the rest is safely stored and inaccessible. If you have to give it up, you only give the robbers the keys to your hot wallet. They can't possibly know about the rest if there is no info about it on your phone and if you haven't told someone about it. 

Exactly, cold wallet or hot wallet each one have their own positives and negatives we can't blindly relay on either one. So diversification of money is the most effective answer for that, so we do not risk all money at any crucial point of time. In my opinion keeping more than two wallets is continually safe.

Even if you have an hardware wallet, it's again better to have more than one. However it only implies if you have a lot of money. There is no need to buy mutliple hardware wallets if your bank roll is small.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
greetings to all, when I read an online news I was surprised by this news

Caucasians rob Italian citizens of money and Bitcoin in Bali with a total value of IDR 5.8 M.

Then, one of the perpetrators took the victim's six cellphones and another cellphone containing the victim's bitcoin account by asking the victim for a password.

"And if they are not notified, then the perpetrator will kill the victim's wife by sticking a knife to the victim's wife's neck. And then the victim will tell the cellphone password," he said.(english translation )
https://www.cnnindonesia.com/nasional/20211228141520-12-739596/bule-rampok-uang-dan-bitcoin-wn-italia-di-bali-senilai-total-rp58-m

the digital era requires us to save our money on smartphones, now more and more people are traveling with cellphones that contain digital money or even the bitcoins they buy. is there a safe way for us to stay safe from robbers when we have bitcoin assets on our smartphone, thank you
first  - How did the perpetrators knew that the victims has bitcoins (or possible altcoins)? how does some criminals can easily track Him when crypto owning is almost anonymous(if not completely yes)

Second - Why store crypto in His gadgets? when he can use a safest in which that is ledger wallets/offline wallets than he can hide somewhere more safer and not close to him always .
Activity: 222
Merit: 10
When the lives of your family members are at risk, it doesn't really matter how you store your coins. What are you going to do? Are you going to tell the robbers I am not giving you my coins, feel free to torture my wife and child?!

If a robber knows about Bitcoin, gets access to your phone, and finds a crypto wallet, he will try to get you to give it to him. The only way you can protect yourself is by not storing all your coins in the same wallet. Diversification is the key. Keep just a portion in a hot wallet (such as a phone), while the rest is safely stored and inaccessible. If you have to give it up, you only give the robbers the keys to your hot wallet. They can't possibly know about the rest if there is no info about it on your phone and if you haven't told someone about it. 

Exactly, cold wallet or hot wallet each one have their own positives and negatives we can't blindly relay on either one. So diversification of money is the most effective answer for that, so we do not risk all money at any crucial point of time. In my opinion keeping more than two wallets is continually safe.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019
There's no safest way to store bitcoin, any means of storage is already safe. The only problem is the people, because what's the use of a good security if you blabber about your credentials to many people. I stand by that belief that people should be the most responsible in their own security and that they put the safety of their bitcoins into action. That's why it's important to learn digital security now more than ever with everything going digital, I think that it's best course or if not then you can probably limit the technology in your house connected to the Internet.
At the moment we use the internet to access our wallets and do some online transactions that bring risks and vulnerability to any form of attacks. That is why we can't find such thing as "The safest way". Hackers will attack us sometimes become unnoticed that can't be detected until the moment that we check our wallet that it was empty already.
What we gonna do is to keep away from accessing untrusted sites, clicking links sends via email, or anything that looks suspicious as this might be lead the scammers to get in and take control of our keys.
Activity: 434
Merit: 11
Safest to safest way to secure bitcoin is to use cold wallets. These wallets are offline. No any malware attack or phishing attack risk found in cold wallets. It is safest place to store BTC in crypto currency.
Merit: 100
Bitcoin is safe in Cold wallets (offline wallets) because no one can access your account through internet and your fund will secure.
I think even though we store bitcoins in linked wallets, other people can't break them unless we give the keys to others, that's the proof now many big investors keep bitcoins in internet connected wallets, but their assets are safe and secure.
copper member
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Use cold ❄ wallet such as trezor or ledger if you have more Bitcoins..

When you write 📝 your cold wallet recovery seeds, hide your computer 🖥 front and back camera 📸!
Also 📱 smartphone too, hide from both cameras...
It's very important...

Use pasphrasse...

Cut in half your recovery seeds paper 📄

And make copies of that...

Upadete your hardware wallets software...

Stay safe friends

Many thanks for watching

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293
There's no safest way to store bitcoin, any means of storage is already safe. The only problem is the people, because what's the use of a good security if you blabber about your credentials to many people. I stand by that belief that people should be the most responsible in their own security and that they put the safety of their bitcoins into action. That's why it's important to learn digital security now more than ever with everything going digital, I think that it's best course or if not then you can probably limit the technology in your house connected to the Internet.
Merit: 527
For now, only a hard wallet is the safest way to store our bitcoin, as long as you have full control over your key, your bitcoin is safe.
There is no safety when we are still connected to the internet, that is why people do prefer also the air-gapped wallet which is a device that doesn't have connected to the internet and that is safe.

That is spent on how you will care for your wallet, even how safe it is it's been always prone to a hack if you are not taking care of your wallet.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 622
How is the safest of the 'safest ways' to store Bitcoin?
I don't think that there is the safest way to store Bitcoin. No one will guarantee that one will be safest enough to save your BTC even in online or offline wallets. Because we know that besides the hardware or software that we are using, there will be also probabilities of human error, making mistakes of sending in wrong wallets, forgetting in saving the data to access the wallet, losing the wallets and others.
Moreover if this is about online wallets, there may be viruses, hackers, scammers, and also other probabilities of losing assets from the online wallets.

the digital era requires us to save our money on smartphones, now more and more people are traveling with cellphones that contain digital money
Are you sure about this?
Well, it may be very portable to bring our smartphones everywhere and we can check our assets every time as we like by using smartphones. But this is also risky because we don;t know whether the phone will be broken or lost someday, and the assets will be also lost.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 362
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
My initial alternative is a safe wallet for storing assets is a hardwallet where we can leave it at home when traveling and bring enough crypto funds if needed while on vacation, because people already know what crypto is and it is often operated on mobile phones.
if you really have to leave your crypto asset hardware wallet at home, the place must be safe and hidden...

maybe at this time the robbery of crypto assets as above has not been widespread but in the next few years we do not know what will happen to the general public, with the increasing difficulty of making money offline, criminals will target those who have crypto assets, especially if that person often expose own a lot of crypto assets.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 338
Most of the people that stores their cryptocurrencies usually use their phones to access them. Like me every time, I always make use of my smartphone If  I want to send cryptocurrency and my cryptocurrency wallet is also on my smart phone, installed. Maybe for a case like this,  the best you can do is to just also have or create an access to your wallet on your computer that you don’t carry around, and if anything should happen that you lose your smartphone and someone is likely to gain access to your wallet, you can quickly use your computer to access that wallet and lock it or move your funds to a different address or wallet.
It is to see that we are vulnerable to any attack from hackers like sending links and malware leading them to have access to our phone. As we are using the internet these days, it was a sad note that we don't find a way to have the safest and safest place to hide our keys our crypto. As even hardware wallet that most are thinking the best way to hide our coins, it wasn't literally guaranteed safe.

Honestly, there is no safe in using the internet. And that is why I use to convert my crypto into fiat and deposit in the banks, that was the best move, I think.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 510
My initial alternative is a safe wallet for storing assets is a hardwallet where we can leave it at home when traveling and bring enough crypto funds if needed while on vacation, because people already know what crypto is and it is often operated on mobile phones.
Activity: 434
Merit: 11
Bitcoin is safe in Cold wallets (offline wallets) because no one can access your account through internet and your fund will secure.
Activity: 113
Merit: 1
You need a big wallet and a small wallet and then you hand over your small wallet
Pages:
Jump to: