Pages:
Author

Topic: How is XAPO getting away with this bull*hit?! - page 3. (Read 4079 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 501
Outrageous , Just cancelled my account with them and withdrew all my bitcoins besides the paltry 50bits and a transaction fee.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
Same as credit card.

That kind of show people only the benefactor of the profit is switching when we all use bitcoin rather than FIAT. Nothing really changes.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
I just canceled by debit card. Fees are exorbitant and not competitive at all. 
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016
Yeah that is bullshit to be fair. I will certainly not be using any card with fees like that.

Minimum 50p charge for checking your balance, and £2.50 for taking money out - even banks would lose customers if they tried pulling that shit!
Activity: 271
Merit: 250
Oh noez Free Market
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
Activity: 952
Merit: 281
I am not 'boycotting' them, but I certainly will not be using the card with those kind of ridiculous fees.  One clear problem Bitcoin has with operating purely in a free market is that only private companies will progress Bitcoin for a profit, thereby creating fees Bitcoin was designed to avoid  Undecided
Activity: 896
Merit: 302
For about 3 months they were clearly stating in their debit card FAQ that there will be NO FEES. Just $15 to get it shipped and then NOTHING.
Now that they started shipping, suddenly you can see this in the FAQ:
http://help.xapo.com/95219-What-fees-are-associated-with-the-Xapo-Debit-Card
For the too lazy to click a link, the fees are exorbitant and are for everything! Even some made-up sh*t that no other card charges you.
How come, supposedly serious company, with 40M in funding (the biggest funding so far in bitcoin world with bitpay just behind them with 33M) do such bitch like tricks?

What's the point of claiming it will be free for 3 months just to turn around 2 days after shipping the product and cut your users heads with crazy fees?
How are the serious and with good names VC companies behind them allowing that?

I had big hopes for them, but they are worse than bank now and started by making them the most hated company in the bitcoin world.
I say we boycott them and show them that they can get their bit*h a*s, corporate tricks back to their corporate world.
Pages:
Jump to: