Pages:
Author

Topic: How large an Amazon EC2 instance for Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 3660 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
I'm running a bitcoin service on amazon Ec2, and I need to run a full version of bitcoin- block chain included. How much disk space will I need to keep on hand to keep bitcoind from crashing? (my current problem).
The smallest has 160GB of the local storage. That is more than enough for couple of years. I/O to the local storage is free of charge. Just don't pull a bitomat.pl and don't store the backup copy of the wallet on the same ephemeral storage as the working blockchain.

Could you give me a little bit more info on what happened?
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
Protipp: Use a BIP32 deterministic wallet to create addresses on the fly on the server but keep the private keys offline in your wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1073
I'm running a bitcoin service on amazon Ec2, and I need to run a full version of bitcoin- block chain included. How much disk space will I need to keep on hand to keep bitcoind from crashing? (my current problem).
The smallest has 160GB of the local storage. That is more than enough for couple of years. I/O to the local storage is free of charge. Just don't pull a bitomat.pl and don't store the backup copy of the wallet on the same ephemeral storage as the working blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Pages:
Jump to: