Pages:
Author

Topic: How long could bitcoin last? - page 27. (Read 23198 times)

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
August 03, 2017, 01:09:54 AM
I cant see any threat with bitcoin today that result to its loss, in my view bitcoin will last forever. Many people now are using cryptocurrency and bitcoin still remain on top, though there some adjustments with the last fork i am sure bitcoin will still survive.

I don't think the last hardfork had any major effect on btc as we can see right now that everything is pretty much back to normal. We can't say though that btc will last forever as there no assurance of that and we can only hope. What we can do is to take advantage of the moment and i think we can be assured that btc will be here at least for the next couple of years
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
August 03, 2017, 12:37:29 AM
I cant see any threat with bitcoin today that result to its loss, in my view bitcoin will last forever. Many people now are using cryptocurrency and bitcoin still remain on top, though there some adjustments with the last fork i am sure bitcoin will still survive.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
August 03, 2017, 12:25:43 AM
There is a big reason why humans are generally not granted an ability to foresee the future...life could be different if we know what can happen soon and into the far future and we will be living in fear and not really enjoy life. Let us leave that prediction job to the people who are gifted enough by the divine power to see the future.

As to Bitcoin and any digital coin for that matter, we know the power of the market...of the law of supply and demand. For as long as there is a demand then maybe Bitcoin can continue to exist otherwise it would just die a natural death.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 02, 2017, 10:06:46 PM
As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.

Nobody can't know that for sure. We can only guess. It may reach million, it may become regular and common currency for all countries, it also can lose all its value. Everything is possible, let's see and hope for best Smiley
Activity: 448
August 02, 2017, 08:07:02 PM
As of this time, bitcoins remains stable even after the release of bitcoin cash. There's no sign of any problem on bitcoin. If bitcoin remains on this state, it would last long. However, since some events are unexpected, we'll never know long is that "long" will take. It may be a day, week, month, year, decade, century or even millenium, based on the sequence of events that may affect its effectivity
Activity: 616
Merit: 256
August 02, 2017, 08:00:11 PM
the existence of the bitcoin depends on the miners as long as there are still miners who supports the blockchain technology of bitcoin then bitcoin is still alive. but my idea to make the bitcoin still exust, a government intervention is required like incentives, for example for the miners who supports the bitcoin blockchain must be given a power supply subsidy of o discount for electric bill to minimize the operation cost of mining 'coz this is the main concern of the miners which is the cost of electric bills.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Thinking on the higher plane of existence.
August 02, 2017, 07:47:59 PM
As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.
Bitcoin will last as long there is a demand for it, cryptocurrency exist because there is a need of faster and reliable transactions, well about the price of bitcoin, it is normal for a currency to go up and down but the good thing about cryptocurrency is it is not solely affected by economic status of a certain country unlike paper money we have in our respective countries Grin
Activity: 329
Merit: 254
August 02, 2017, 07:38:37 PM

Who knows what will happen about it? Future is not certain but then it was fun to predict. Well, if bitcoins will keep going then we are all happy about it because it is a great opportunity. And one more thing, as long as people keep on trading and investing and using bitcoin then it's not easy to disappear just like a bubble.
i think yes no one can know about the future of bitcoin but  i think if we predict about the price of bitcoin then we can say bitcoin will continue increasing its value for a long time. and therefore i am sure that bitcoin has a very bright future and hope that bitcoin will continue and survive for a long time.
yes that is right that no  one know about that but i think that it depend on the interest of the people that most of the will give preference to bitcoin then it will become easy.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
August 02, 2017, 06:15:25 PM
Until now,no threats has been found for bitcoin and it has successfully overcome and survived all critical situations just like Mt.Gox,BU and now its facing BCC.Bitcoin would soon overcome this BCC issue also soon but in future,when quantum computing would be introduced,then it would have to face serious consequences.But it would take around twenty more years for quantum computing to come in to existence.
yes there is no threat to bitcoin, bitcoin is in fact becoming more stronger and reliable as soon as time pass, so i we can say that there is no threat to bitcoin  at all.
Activity: 350
August 02, 2017, 05:58:53 PM

Who knows what will happen about it? Future is not certain but then it was fun to predict. Well, if bitcoins will keep going then we are all happy about it because it is a great opportunity. And one more thing, as long as people keep on trading and investing and using bitcoin then it's not easy to disappear just like a bubble.
i think yes no one can know about the future of bitcoin but  i think if we predict about the price of bitcoin then we can say bitcoin will continue increasing its value for a long time. and therefore i am sure that bitcoin has a very bright future and hope that bitcoin will continue and survive for a long time.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
August 02, 2017, 12:49:13 PM
I’m surprised by the question on the thread, because to me it implies as if something is wrong with bitcoin and that is not the case, bitcoin is thriving, there is a lot of trades taking place, people are accepting bitcoin all over the wold, the market cap is very high, segwit has been activated so it is very obvious to me there is not a reason to worry about the future of bitcoin.
Activity: 714
August 02, 2017, 10:20:20 AM
Until now,no threats has been found for bitcoin and it has successfully overcome and survived all critical situations just like Mt.Gox,BU and now its facing BCC.Bitcoin would soon overcome this BCC issue also soon but in future,when quantum computing would be introduced,then it would have to face serious consequences.But it would take around twenty more years for quantum computing to come in to existence.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
August 02, 2017, 09:48:23 AM

Activity: 938
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 02, 2017, 09:21:32 AM

Well, it's really hard to speculate when, how and what will make BTC disappear. But the main point is that, as long as people are buying and using BTC as their main crypto currency, there's no reason for it to disappear. Just look on the demand, for how many years BTC has been the top among all the crypto currency.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
August 02, 2017, 08:58:24 AM

I believe that bitcoin would last for long because there are more people getting involved with it day by day. More companies are using it whether as investment or payment option, investors are slowly rising and more users use it for their daily needs. As the demand increases, the price would eventually increase as well but we cannot remove the possibility that there might be fortuitous events that may (I hope not) decrease the price just like what happen before. But if ever it will happen then bitcoin would still slowly rise and make new highs.  Wink
Activity: 952
Merit: 323
August 02, 2017, 08:47:53 AM
It all depends on us as a user
if the user increase, then the demand will increase and bitcoin price will get pump
if the user will always increase or maybe they will always trust and use bitcoin, then bitcoin can last forever

as long as people still addict with bitcoin due to demands of bitcoin keep increased, i am sure that bitcoin will last fpr long time.
because bitcoin didn't only give advantage for user by its features but peoples who needs bitcoin to earn profit.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
August 02, 2017, 08:37:35 AM
I positively hope bitcoin would last forever but its demand and popularity among the people is only deciding factor for its life and how long would it last. Wink
Activity: 1386
Merit: 504
August 02, 2017, 07:44:50 AM
I think that bitcoin will exist forever, but no one can guarantee that it will not be the first crypto currency in the list. Perhaps there will be another currency that will move it to second place.
We do not know but as far as i know and believe bitcoins will be the very first ,well almost all of the altcoins are based in bitcoins just see what happens in this August bitcoins dumps too low also followed by other altcoins.
Bitcoin will exist until it is use by people not only for own but its circulates in the market and we cant say that it will last forever.
Activity: 532
August 02, 2017, 07:26:22 AM
I think BTC will last a long time, I believe currently there is no real competitor of BTC out there..so atleast for the next 5-6 years I believe BTC will hold the top spot in Cyptocurrency but after that maybe a new competitor of BTC may emerge. I, however, do not think this is that likely.  It’s desired now, and thus bitcoin has managed to retain and also increase its value, and will do so for as long as it’s here.

Actually there are many competitors of bitcoin out there but i'm sure bitcoin will still the best and the one. Even that bitcoin cash thing coming, but the bitcoin still remain the first. The only way to makes bitcoin dead is the people itself. If the people are not believe and not using bitcoin anymore, it will dead.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Back from Vacation!
August 02, 2017, 07:22:48 AM
I think BTC will last a long time, I believe currently there is no real competitor of BTC out there..so atleast for the next 5-6 years I believe BTC will hold the top spot in Cyptocurrency but after that maybe a new competitor of BTC may emerge. I, however, do not think this is that likely.  It’s desired now, and thus bitcoin has managed to retain and also increase its value, and will do so for as long as it’s here.
Pages:
Jump to: