Pages:
Author

Topic: How long did it take you to become a Bitcoin true believer after heard about it? - page 2. (Read 3075 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
With the help of bitcoin, I quickly get rid of most of the knowledge from mainstream economy books, and this lead to my true understanding of fiat money system

mainstream == Keynesian == retarded
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
some weeks/months. you cant be a believer after seconds, thats stupid. you dont know anything about it.

Wrong.  I had an online shop and an ebay account.  Once I saw the concept of Bitcoin, I was blown away.  I don't need to read the source code - I know a stupendous concept when I see it.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
took me about 2 years. I heard about it and thought about it for awhile, but I guess it was the community which convinced me that it was a really special idea.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
some weeks/months. you cant be a believer after seconds, thats stupid. you dont know anything about it.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
Started by CPU mining using default client immediately when I heard about bitcoin in 2011, fun game! But it took me almost 15 years to fully understand the scam nature of today's fiat money system, when I finally completed this lengthy research process around some time in 2012, I become a true believer of bitcoin

With the help of bitcoin, I quickly get rid of most of the knowledge from mainstream economy books, and this lead to my true understanding of fiat money system
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Too long - I could have been a millionaire.

1st in 2009-2010 but didn't think bitocoin would get anywhere other than tokens for games.
2nd time when the run up happened 6 months ago. bought some coins, but not enough.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
It took me a while actually. When I first started with bitcoin it was a way to make some money. So I started working, and the time passed by. A few months later a friend of mine asked "You know that scam you're working on, that fake currency?" and I got angry and suddenly defended it and the thoughts behind it. At that moment I realized that I had become a true bitcoin believer.
Activity: 160
Few minutes, but didn't take action  Angry

Exactly two weeks ago I came across Bitcoin again and couldn't stop reading since then. Already have some BTC and LTC, a will get more as soon as I learn more
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
hm
18 months !
If only I had looked more carefully the first time...

+1
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
It took a long time...many months of seeing my friends savings increase before I tentatively decided to test the water...even now...though I generally think it is going to be a success I've only invested a very small amount that I wouldn't mind losing.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
A year or two. I've been working on this stuff since I wrote a credit card online web site in 1994, we even did the "charge your card $20 and bank the micropayments on our site" thing. Other people tried to do it, numerous failures.

But hey, back in the late 80's we were all supposed to hook up to the AT&T CONNECT X.25 network. Boy that and that mail gateway thing (MTS? What was it again) really didn't go anywhere....

C
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Years. Saw some obscure Danish tv program about it in 2010 and found it fascinating but had no sense of what it was. Then stumbled upon it again last year, and some friends talked about maybe investing in it, but since I didn't have a lot of money I didn't have the guts to put in even a few hundred bucks.

Then about a month ago I suddenly realised how stupid I had been to be so timid and bought a few when it was around $450 and then again a few when it was around $700.

Even though I have less money now than I had when it was much cheaper, I have so much faith in it and I've decided to put all other non essential expenses on hold just so I can purchase BTC and other crypto coins.

Not a day goes by that I don't facepalm to myself about not investing sooner, but it's getting easier to deal with now since I've started getting into it and feel that although I might not have gotten on the boat with the cheapest ticket, I made it at least Smiley

donator
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
When I first read about bitcoin in some geek newspaper in 2010, I realized it must be the most promising idea of the century. However, that time I had no time to play with it. In the middle of 2011 I was surprised when bitcoin, with the help of silkroad, attracted attention of US senators and its price started to skyrocket. I was almost ready to buy some, but, just few days before I sent a wire, "the bubble" bursted and I decided to wait.

When BTC slowly started to grow beyond $2 I finally decided to give it a try and wired $10k to gox. Then I continued buying at $6, $8, $12 and so on.
In April 2013 I had to sell a fraction of my bitcoins to save my business after our money in Cypros bank were stolen by European government.
But later I continued to buy bitcoins. Last time I've bought it at about $600 and now in my pans is spending 50% of my fiat income on BTC.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
A few days to read a lot and get increasingly interested. The some time to see how other people respond to it. I mean, if I (or me and a small subgroup) are the only ones who care about this, it's not going to actually reach it's potential without adoption. True belief in this grew over time.

Right now I believe it (cryptocurrency) is snowballing sufficiently hard to be very unlikely to be stopped. The genie is out!
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1013
how much time lapsed after you first came into contact with bitcoin for the first time, until you became convinced it is the future?
5sec time to read about it Smiley
yook me 1 year to put my money were my mouth was.
Activity: 364
It took about a month of researching and trying with a small amount of Btc until I believed that it might be the future.
If it took you 30 seconds, you probably should rethink your decision making process.
1 second. because i had nothing to lose. one of the best decisions i ever made.

Then you didn't make a good decision, you made a random decision and were lucky.
Activity: 126
Zero seconds. The instant I herd about bitcoin, it just all made perfect sense to me, and I realised how doomed fiat money was, unfortunately for me this was only a few months ago.
rat
Activity: 253
It took about a month of researching and trying with a small amount of Btc until I believed that it might be the future.
If it took you 30 seconds, you probably should rethink your decision making process.

1 second. because i had nothing to lose. one of the best decisions i ever made.
Activity: 364
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Like 30 seconds.

No joke.

Same.  Once I hard about it, I was buying gfx cards within a month.
Pages:
Jump to: