Pages:
Author

Topic: How low will bitcoin be before 2013 ends - page 2. (Read 4504 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Bitcoin - love & hate
December 07, 2013, 01:45:15 AM
I would guess it could briefly get down to $500. I doubt it's going much lower than that. It'll probably trade in a range of $500-$1,000 for the next few months, then start a new rally sometime later in 2014 and make a new ATH.

We go down much further.
I told in another thread, nice double top. Bottom will be around 100-150$ -> start of the china/speculator bubble
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
December 07, 2013, 01:43:31 AM
So if it crashs to say $1, and there is a site selling a lambugini for 81 BTC
Surely i wont be able todo this?Huh
No, you aren't, if you are not able to write the correct name LAMBORGHINI you are not able to buy one...
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com
December 07, 2013, 01:42:13 AM
If it goes at this pace it won't be long before we rates below 400!
Activity: 260
December 07, 2013, 01:33:01 AM
Let me predict it at ..... $30 max. Maybe even $0
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
December 07, 2013, 01:20:12 AM
I won't post my algorithm here, but I estimate the 'real value' of bitcoin at about 300 dollar at the moment. (start of December 2013)

(This took into account all uses of bitcoin. Store of wealth, international exchange, gambling, drug trade, smuggling, legitimate online trade, places accepting bitcoin, coolness factor, honest speculation, lost coins and total coins and so on)

This means that the extra value of bitcoin over 300 is just speculation at the moment. 500 would probably be a good price to start buying because of the high expectation and it is not likely to drop much below that. (unless you really want bitcoin in the long run and then it doesn't matter, then you should look at how much coins you want before thinking about their price)

The real value of bitcoins (in my opinion changes about 3% up every month). This would mean to make it round 310 dollar at the end of this year. Speculation has been floating around 2,5 times the real price so it would make 775 a good target for the new year.

News has a very big impact on the price, so I guess any bigs news could make this estimate much higher or lower
Activity: 28
December 07, 2013, 12:53:55 AM
I would guess it could briefly get down to $500. I doubt it's going much lower than that. It'll probably trade in a range of $500-$1,000 for the next few months, then start a new rally sometime later in 2014 and make a new ATH.

Yep that was i was thinking too, but like we never know its still all speculation its hard to predict, so far the BTC has been very unpredictable, otherwise alot of people would be very rich right now, even tho theres alot of $ to be made with theses swings. Pretty interesting to watch. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
December 07, 2013, 12:51:05 AM

I agree with what you said. New people are not stupid. They are not going to buy $1000 dollar bitcoins or $500 dollar bitcions, when they were just $13 earlier in the year. It yells Ponzi scheme and scam all over it.

That's why I have been saying all long that mBTC should be made the basic unit. Most of the people don't want to buy a digital currency which is currently trading at $ 1K. But they'll be more tempted if one unit of it is priced less than the USD.
Activity: 414
Freedom through Cryptocurrency!
December 07, 2013, 12:46:49 AM
legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000
December 06, 2013, 11:56:53 PM
My prediction is at $1,200.

I still believe that the current dip (due to the Baidu news) is only temporary. What is important is that the Bitcoins are getting a lot of (negative) publicity right now.... and more people than ever have heard about it. We will soon see a steady stream of new bitcoiners, buying $100 to $10,000 worth of BTCs at a time. 

I disagree.

Just because people hear of it, doesn't mean they'll jump right in and buy into it.

I've been telling people about bit coin for the last 9 months - dozens and dozens of people - not a single person bought into it.

I think the majority if people are like this. And will be so for a long time yet.

I agree with what you said. New people are not stupid. They are not going to buy $1000 dollar bitcoins or $500 dollar bitcions, when they were just $13 earlier in the year. It yells Ponzi scheme and scam all over it.

Even when they were reasonably priced, nobody I mentioned them to wanted to buy them.

Another reason is that it takes a lot of research and tech skills to actually buy them, most people are too lazy and not technical enough to actually buy bitcoins. Lets not even get into dealing with the corrupt exchanges and all the verification you have to do.

Yep, exactly. When I 1st heard of btc, I read nonstop for a couple of weeks. Then when I ventured into buying, I was scammed twice.

Just too many barriers for ordinary folk at the moment. Hopefully with time things will improve.

But the speculation and scamming elements around bitcoin will keep most people away.
Activity: 252
December 06, 2013, 11:42:37 PM
Bitcoin is very sensitive to news. Good news can skyrocket the price 10 times that it is now. Bad news can move the price down to 100$
We are in a need for good news now.  Roll Eyes

I'd rather the price dump a little more before we see the good news.

The problem is that the barrier is pretty high now in what we consider good news. I mean a random company start accepting btc is not enough for the trend to reverse. We need good news coming from official lips.
Activity: 59
December 06, 2013, 11:39:59 PM
It might drop a little more low, then we can take the opportunity to hoard again.  Tongue
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
December 06, 2013, 11:35:20 PM

I still believe that the current dip (due to the Baidu news) is only temporary. What is important is that the Bitcoins are getting a lot of (negative) publicity right now.... and more people than ever have heard about it. We will soon see a steady stream of new bitcoiners, buying $100 to $10,000 worth of BTCs at a time. 

I disagree.

Just because people hear of it, doesn't mean they'll jump right in and buy into it.

I've been telling people about bit coin for the last 9 months - dozens and dozens of people - not a single person bought into it.

I think the majority if people are like this. And will be so for a long time yet.

Even when they were reasonably priced, nobody I mentioned them to wanted to buy them.

Another reason is that it takes a lot of research and tech skills to actually buy them, most people are too lazy and not technical enough to actually buy bitcoins. Lets not even get into dealing with the corrupt exchanges and all the verification you have to do.

Activity: 308
December 06, 2013, 11:33:16 PM
We've been having non-stop good news. It's about time we've had some bad news, we'll get through it, and on with it at some point here.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
December 06, 2013, 11:30:46 PM
Bitcoin is very sensitive to news. Good news can skyrocket the price 10 times that it is now. Bad news can move the price down to 100$

I'd rather the price dump a little more before we see the good news.
Activity: 252
December 06, 2013, 11:29:11 PM
legendary
Activity: 1173
December 06, 2013, 11:26:53 PM

I disagree.

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
December 06, 2013, 10:56:41 PM

Activity: 378
December 06, 2013, 10:54:33 PM
So if it crashs to say $1, and there is a site selling a lambugini for 81 BTC
Surely i wont be able todo this?Huh
Activity: 52
December 06, 2013, 09:48:55 PM
I would be quite happy to see drop to 100 or lower. A good crash brings a fantastic time to buy. Been waiting for this i hope it drops quickly. These drops are petfect for the people that couldnt get into the mining race and dont have 30k+ to start.
legendary
Activity: 1344
December 06, 2013, 09:43:36 PM
extrapolate the logarithmic graph
Pages:
Jump to: