Pages:
Author

Topic: How many Bitcoins are lost forever? - page 11. (Read 43044 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
December 25, 2016, 12:07:21 PM
I know there are a large number of them.  I am one of the sad souls who did not take it seriously and lost my whole wallet after I invested $1,800 into 100 of them a long time a go.  It happens and good luck to whom ever finds them.

Bad luck for you, same happens with many users losing their bitcoin wallets. I don't think someone other than the original authority could get the wallet for his goodness. Because every address is unique. Also I believe the lost coins won't affect the bitcoin economy, as they're already calculated on mining.

Its not a bad luck its a disaster. 100 BTC is around 80 000 euros, that is a fortune, and its now bitcoin can cost more and this bitcoins will worth more then now. I dont understand all this with lost coins, how can someone calculate them, after which time coins are lost, and where are people who save coins. This is difficult for me to understand.
   After reading this thread, I see there is a lot of people who lost their bitcoins. Probably we will never know exact number of lost coins, one thing bothers me, can someone take advantage of this lost coins and in which way if its possible.

It will surprise you even more as there are people that lost so many coins, that by now they would be multi millionaire. It's reckless behaviour that they will regret and their entire life will not forget. Imagine, you are working for $1500-$2000 per month knowing that you could have been a multi millionaire if you took care of your coin backups. They flushed their one and only ever chance to get millionaire down the drain.

Ya it is true and even now a days also their are so many users who have lost their wallet due to accident delete of wallet or some problem with hardware and never took backup of their wallet , so this is not before but this is happening now also, so as per my view i think from the actual bitcoin calculation till now mined nearly 20% of them are in death wallet address as they are lost or long before users have thrown due to frustration of price crash.  so as per it only 80% of it is roaming in the market.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
December 25, 2016, 11:46:02 AM
I know there are a large number of them.  I am one of the sad souls who did not take it seriously and lost my whole wallet after I invested $1,800 into 100 of them a long time a go.  It happens and good luck to whom ever finds them.

Bad luck for you, same happens with many users losing their bitcoin wallets. I don't think someone other than the original authority could get the wallet for his goodness. Because every address is unique. Also I believe the lost coins won't affect the bitcoin economy, as they're already calculated on mining.

Its not a bad luck its a disaster. 100 BTC is around 80 000 euros, that is a fortune, and its now bitcoin can cost more and this bitcoins will worth more then now. I dont understand all this with lost coins, how can someone calculate them, after which time coins are lost, and where are people who save coins. This is difficult for me to understand.
   After reading this thread, I see there is a lot of people who lost their bitcoins. Probably we will never know exact number of lost coins, one thing bothers me, can someone take advantage of this lost coins and in which way if its possible.

It will surprise you even more as there are people that lost so many coins, that by now they would be multi millionaire. It's reckless behaviour that they will regret and their entire life will not forget. Imagine, you are working for $1500-$2000 per month knowing that you could have been a multi millionaire if you took care of your coin backups. They flushed their one and only ever chance to get millionaire down the drain.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
December 25, 2016, 11:37:56 AM
I know there are a large number of them.  I am one of the sad souls who did not take it seriously and lost my whole wallet after I invested $1,800 into 100 of them a long time a go.  It happens and good luck to whom ever finds them.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
December 25, 2016, 11:26:53 AM
The question to be really difficult to give a specific answer, I think about it, no one will ever know.

If this kind of situation comes, but then its owner's negligence if happens. And to think how many were lost, big enough to count it
from the very start of bitcoin.

Even if the count of the situation because of which the user can forget or lose the keys, you still do not get lost count how many bitcoin on forever.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 644
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
December 24, 2016, 09:29:46 AM
The question to be really difficult to give a specific answer, I think about it, no one will ever know.

If this kind of situation comes, but then its owner's negligence if happens. And to think how many were lost, big enough to count it
from the very start of bitcoin.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
December 23, 2016, 11:37:02 AM
This is a mystery though I suppose it would be larger than most of us would suspect. Most people's introduction to bitcoins are faucets and those would not allow you to send them to your wallet unless you reach a certain amount of satoshis. I've tried several faucets in the past but never really managed to claim those satoshis because of the minimum amount needed to be reached. Many people could have tried one or two faucet, called it quits and forgot about their account. The satoshis are still there but for all we care they're dead and out of circulation.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
December 23, 2016, 11:32:08 AM
Sorry for your loss. May I ask how much your loss was?

Did you send your Bitcoins to a valid address? In this case, your Bitcoins are not really lost. They are just owned by someone else.

I have lost my bitcoin yesterday, it happen because I sent my bitcoin to joining faucet but my mistake I don't read the rules of this faucet. when I deposit my bitcoin it is not adding my deposit in the faucet. so, I think my bitcoin is lost forever.  Cry 
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
December 17, 2016, 09:02:30 AM
I have lost my bitcoin yesterday, it happen because I sent my bitcoin to joining faucet but my mistake I don't read the rules of this faucet. when I deposit my bitcoin it is not adding my deposit in the faucet. so, I think my bitcoin is lost forever.  Cry 
Activity: 2114
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
December 17, 2016, 06:20:51 AM
I believe this figure will be in the range of 2-3% of the total coins in circulation, I'm saying this because the reward was quite high in the beginning 50BTC per block and most people were only mining for fun then because mining was not yet business like it is today and some of these coins was lost.
Activity: 334
Merit: 250
December 17, 2016, 04:50:32 AM
though this question is hard to deal with....but i believe bitcoins might have been lost, some might have lost...but to know exact amount lost that's will be hard to know or impossible too know!!!!
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
December 17, 2016, 03:03:10 AM

Yes, this is difficult to answer by those who are just earner of bitcoin but I guess, if someone lost their btc the creator of bitcoin can solve it since they know how bitcoin truly works and how can it be manage .
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
December 16, 2016, 02:26:26 AM
I know there are a large number of them.  I am one of the sad souls who did not take it seriously and lost my whole wallet after I invested $1,800 into 100 of them a long time a go.  It happens and good luck to whom ever finds them.

Activity: 378
BULL RUN until 2030
December 16, 2016, 01:19:31 AM
That could be true, that's why we short of supply nowadays and the price had increase. Before when bitcoin died people lost trust with it and they do not think it will risk again. For me, it's good for the new investors so when the demand will hugely increase the supply will be short and the price will rise again.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
December 15, 2016, 10:58:02 PM
I am sure it will never be found, one weakness or maybe power of the bitcoin is if missing will really not be found again. Maybe this is what we must think together so that stocks remain stable.
Activity: 236
December 15, 2016, 09:39:52 PM
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
December 15, 2016, 09:21:54 PM
I know it is a tricky question. What do you think, how many Bitcoins are lost forever and are 'out of the network' by lost private keys?
difficult question , there is not person calculate .
but i think very many because users bitcoin many too

I agree we cannot calculate this at all but I think there is lost a pretty large amount.

Nope the fact is that there are lost a lot of coins but that we do not have stats of this at all!
of course there are many people who have lost their bitcoin. and we could not make the statistics about lost bitcoin. I myself several times lost bitcoin, luckily I had never get to experience that my bitcoin stolen
Same here dude, I never experienced that my coins are stolen, I always double check my wallet everyday, the links that I clicked, and programs I installed if there are some hidden malware behind. And yes that's really true almost everyday many users lost their bitcoin around the world, but there are no lists or stats of lost bitcoin, but its really helpful if developers will do things about this, about the lost coins
e.g if there are dead wallet address (I don't know the term but something that almost years that this address is no longer be used but it has balance example, minimum of 0.01) that have amount on it they will be monitored or be listed in blockchain.
Activity: 476
December 15, 2016, 07:08:24 PM
I know it is a tricky question. What do you think, how many Bitcoins are lost forever and are 'out of the network' by lost private keys?

I agree we cannot calculate this at all but I think there is lost a pretty large amount.

Nope the fact is that there are lost a lot of coins but that we do not have stats of this at all!
of course there are many people who have lost their bitcoin. and we could not make the statistics about lost bitcoin. I myself several times lost bitcoin, luckily I had never get to experience that my bitcoin stolen
Activity: 85
December 15, 2016, 06:59:17 PM

x4
Activity: 1106
Merit: 508
December 15, 2016, 06:45:53 PM
Well, most of which I omit bitcoin today because trading. Well, maybe I nearly lost about 0.5 BTC. but, I think it was very appropriate with the results I get. Well, maybe I lost a total of bitcoin is 0.7 BTC, if added with investing and gambling.
Each user values ​​its bitcoin, and very difficult to imagine that all of them can easily be given to gambling, but you can not trade for income problems. But this makes it impossible to know how much large number of bitcoin on the lost forever.
I guess there are lot of bitcoins lost everyday, that thousands of transaction in blockchain there are possibilities that some of them lost, bitcoin holder died, steal from others through virused/trojan or social engineering , then sending in a wrong address, so you can say that is lost already.
Activity: 85
December 15, 2016, 04:38:54 PM

We can simply not predict this indeed, I agree about this without any doubts!!
Pages:
Jump to: