Pages:
Author

Topic: How many connections are you seeing on your Bitcoin client? - page 3. (Read 12399 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 502
Currently 54. I've not closely monitored it, but it seems to be usually around 40 most times I've checked - I was surprised at 54 when I checked just now.
Activity: 440
Merit: 250
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
67 incoming at the moment, and thats fairly normal.
Activity: 91
Merit: 11
The most I've ever seen is low seventies. I run a 24/7 daemon on a fast connection.
Activity: 52
Merit: 1
I usually have fewer than 10 connections. Actually it climbs above that, up to more than 30, when I first launch the client (after a few hours of down time, otherwise it doesn't), then slowly goes down. What can I do to increase them? Does the client do disconnections based on connection quality?
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13027
I'm at 97 right now, but it is usually 125.  I think there is a hard-coded limit at 125 connections because I've never seen more than that.  My uptime is about 120 days at this point, although I occasionally kill bitcoind briefly to update it.  Bandwidth is 10 Mbps.

Wow! I haven't had that many since the outgoing connection limit was reduced from 15 to 8.
Activity: 726
Merit: 500
I'm at 97 right now, but it is usually 125.  I think there is a hard-coded limit at 125 connections because I've never seen more than that.  My uptime is about 120 days at this point, although I occasionally kill bitcoind briefly to update it.  Bandwidth is 10 Mbps.
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13027
I have 43 now. I checked yesterday and had about 50 then. I'm on AT&T U-Verse. My node is up 24/7, with only occasional periods of downtime. I've been running a public node at this IP address since before the first release of bitcoind.

I've been one of the built-in seednodes for a long time, so maybe that increases my connection count.
Activity: 280
Merit: 252
I have had mine running for almost 7 days straight without interruption on a 100mbps port. And I can only see about 35 connections maximum at a time.

It has dipped down to about 25 or so but 35 seems to be the upper limit for me.

How many connections are you seeing in your Bitcoin client right now? How long have you had it connected to the internet for without interruption? How fast is your internet connection?
Pages:
Jump to: