Pages:
Author

Topic: How many days mining using Mineforeman.com's Minepeon [CLOSED] - page 2. (Read 13837 times)

Activity: 227
Merit: 100
So is your uptime dependent on the USB hub you're using?
That's pretty much my question too. So far it looks like the choice of USB hub and heat control are the two largest factors with regard to uptime.

I have a "Pluggable" 7-port hub (3.0A, 5.0V output) but am waiting on Erupters (2). I'll definitely post back with my results when all is up and running.

Hubs are INCREDIBLY important, 9 times out of 10 when I am helping someone out with an issue it is the hub at fault (the other time it is the SD card).

Be prepared to go through 2 or 3 hubs before you get one that works right and if at all possible don't run your pi off the hub that is running your miner.

Neil
Although my hubs have 7 ports I only connect 5 erupters to stay within manufacturer specs.
My current setup is with 2 hubs, one powering 5 erupters and the other one powering one erupter one fan and the Rpi.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
That's pretty much my question too. So far it looks like the choice of USB hub and heat control are the two largest factors with regard to uptime.

I have a "Pluggable" 7-port hub (3.0A, 5.0V output) but am waiting on Erupters (2). I'll definitely post back with my results when all is up and running.

Hubs are INCREDIBLY important, 9 times out of 10 when I am helping someone out with an issue it is the hub at fault (the other time it is the SD card).

Be prepared to go through 2 or 3 hubs before you get one that works right and if at all possible don't run your pi off the hub that is running your miner.

Neil
Activity: 850

legendary
Activity: 952
no restart in July

with dlink DUB-H7 usb hubs.

@1Pakis , what distro are you running on your Pi
MinePeon-0.2.0
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?
My Raspberry Pi (256 MBytes) with MinePeon 0.2.1 is very stable. But 2 days ago, when it launched again cgminer after the donation period, it could not access the 2 USB Block Erupters. They stayed with the green leds lighted and I had to restart the RPI to get them mining again. Both USB Gizmos have heatsinks "glued" to the ASIC IC and forced air from 2 fans. They don't go higher than 38ºC, but the Hardware Errors stay @ 0.9%.
Excellent case for the Pi dude.
Thanks, Polyatomic. It's a special case, made by http://www.themagpi.com.
Activity: 257
Merit: 250
FYI:-

The 11th ztex was mining on my desktop when i took the pic.
The pi is mounted on a single stand-off -- not ideal....

Thats a mad rig , more hashing power  than a jalapeno. I have the same lowprofile heatsinks and fans , just not as many boards.
Activity: 322
Supersonic
FYI:-

The 11th ztex was mining on my desktop when i took the pic.
The pi is mounted on a single stand-off -- not ideal....
no restart in July

@1Pakis , what distro are you running on your Pi
Supersonic
I mine using RasPi with 11 ztex quad boards (not using Minepeon, just a stripped down version of Raspbian), runs fine for weeks. And even then my uptime is only affected when i power it down to re-arrange cables.

Code:
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ uptime
 17:02:56 up 12 days,  2:31,  1 user,  load average: 0.47, 0.63, 0.58
pi@raspberrypi ~ $

Sounds like an excellent rig turtle83. What hub do you use ? .

Belkin F4U022v.

Had to add the following to /boot/cmdline.txt to get it to detect the ztexes.
Code:
dwc_otg.speed=1

One of the hubs powers the pi.
no restart in July

I mine using RasPi with 11 ztex quad boards (not using Minepeon, just a stripped down version of Raspbian), runs fine for weeks. And even then my uptime is only affected when i power it down to re-arrange cables.

Code:
pi@raspberrypi ~ $

Sounds like an excellent rig turtle83. What hub do you use ? .
Supersonic

Code:
pi@raspberrypi ~ $
Activity: 252
My Raspberry Pi (256 MBytes) with MinePeon 0.2.1 is very stable. But 2 days ago, when it launched again cgminer after the donation period, it could not access the 2 USB Block Erupters. They stayed with the green leds lighted and I had to restart the RPI to get them mining again. Both USB Gizmos have heatsinks "glued" to the ASIC IC and forced air from 2 fans. They don't go higher than 38ºC, but the Hardware Errors stay @ 0.9%.

Excellent case for the Pi dude.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?

I have at my work, another RPI with the last version of MinePeon that included cgminer 2.11.4, that still mined with CPU's, mining at a montruous 150KH/s for more than 30 days.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
I just setup my RPI with Minepeon 0.2.1 and have been running for more than 2 days without any issue.
My specs are RPI model B with a D-Link USB hub (DUB-H7) and 2 block erupters with a usb fan to keep them cool to the touch.
Activity: 180
I had a power outage at my house a few days ago, but prior to that I would have been at close to 3 weeks of uptime.  I have a USB hub attached with 5 USB miners.
legendary
Activity: 896
I assumed MinePeon was a set-it-and-forget-it distro, but it seems a lot of people can't run them reliably

I know right?  Most mystifying is that not-a-single-person asked me for help making it more reliable because of reboots (or anything else)!

Neil
A new hub seems to have sorted my issues of random failures for my Rasberry Pi on minepeon 2013-06-11. 72 hours stable.
Pages:
Jump to: