Pages:
Author

Topic: How many Ether will be produced? - page 3. (Read 22414 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Bazinga!
March 26, 2016, 12:04:23 PM
what i understood from their website, is that after a set time the mining algo is going to change from what it is right now and from then on the mining reward is going to be reduced so the creation of new coins will be slowed down but still there will be a huge amount available by then.
it says nothing about the maximum number though!!
Activity: 211
Merit: 125
busting the bastards
March 26, 2016, 11:53:23 AM
I'm having a hard time finding a concrete answer to this question. How many ether will be produced? Is there a cap on the amount of ether that will be produced, and if so, what is it? What are the characteristics of the halvings?

I'm considering buying ether but want to know before buying it, especially because I believe ether is currently in a hype bubble.
No hard cap. No halving. Only unlimited supply.

Good for pump & dump. Bad for HODLing.

tl;dr - The technology is valuable in Ether. The token is valuable in Bitcoin. So, HODL bitcoin & learn ether.
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
March 26, 2016, 11:53:03 AM
Thanks for the information. That's what I suspected.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 501
March 26, 2016, 11:47:17 AM
Ethereum doesn't have a hard cap.

So, I'd suggest you not to hold them for a long time.
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
March 26, 2016, 11:44:06 AM
I'm having a hard time finding a concrete answer to this question. How many ether will be produced? Is there a cap on the amount of ether that will be produced, and if so, what is it? What are the characteristics of the halvings?

I'm considering buying ether but want to know before buying it, especially because I believe ether is currently in a hype bubble.
Pages:
Jump to: