Pages:
Author

Topic: How many liquid-cooled 6990s can a 1500W PSU push? - page 2. (Read 5073 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Man... that was a soft ball...  Grin

My wife is WAY more expensive than a 6990 - and she doesn't pay out SHIT!   Cool  And yet... I keep throwing money at her, bless her heart.  Kiss

Love is like that. 

Advice that you didn't ask for: Never try to change a man's mind about love (or politics, or hunting, or red-headed women). 
Just tell me how many 6990s a 1500W PSU will support, and let me rage against the machine on my own. 
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Stop loving mining... It will take you a LONG LONG LONG time to pay back a 3x or 4x 6990 water cooled rig.  Those cards are EXPENSIVE.

Take a look at the current difficulty level... over 1.3M...
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
It seems like the liquid-cooled version of the 6990 is becoming more available (since the air-cooled one is TOTALLY unavailable).

I've read the [many] cons of water-cooling for mining.  I get it.  BUT... if it's the only flavor of 6990 you can buy?  I'd like to at least explore the possibility. 

So what do you think?  FOUR???  or only THREE?

BTW - I have a Kill-a-watt on the way, but it doesn't matter because I don't have any 6990s to test on it.

Also, one of those big-ass 3x120mm fan radiator rigs is supposed to suck out about 1000W of heat.  I'm thinking that's overkill for two 6990, but not quite enough for three.  Thoughts? 

Thanks in advance.

Hey... I just realized... I'm starting to love mining.   Cheesy 
Pages:
Jump to: