Pages:
Author

Topic: How many of you are GPU only miners? - page 2. (Read 1357 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 10
March 31, 2019, 07:59:27 PM
I do not prefer the ASIC miners because they are too loud and they are disturbing me in my office. 1080Ti rigs are silent and they are heating as well in winter. I find them a much better solution.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1233
March 31, 2019, 04:58:55 PM
I am a Gpu miner only as I like being able to change and try different coinsand not be limited to only a few coins by mining with Asic devices.

My electricity permit me to win 25 dollars monthly for a rig and I have about 4 now which I keep on and love seeing my balance grow daily, I pay electricity from my daily job and hope that bitcoin price will go up soon.
Activity: 420
Merit: 108
March 31, 2019, 04:14:19 PM
Serious miners are paying nowhere near 10 cents, if your electricity is that expensive you shouldn't even be mining in the first place.

Is there a calculator where you can check at which electricity cost mining with a specific GPU can still be profitable?

whattomine actually show your profit with your electricity cost. Just put corresponding numbers. Consumption and rate for every card is estimated, and may slightly vary.
Activity: 86
Merit: 16
March 28, 2019, 04:41:49 AM
I am a 90% GPU miner of some size. Currently taking a breath and figuring out what to do with a large farm since some of the new miners require some private development for R9 generation cards that I happen to have a bunch of so I can't decide if I want to contract a developer or upgrade. Either way, GPU will never die.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 2253
From Zero to 2 times Self-Made Legendary
March 28, 2019, 04:41:02 AM
I started with both ASIC and GPU mining hardware, but I decided to get rid of my asic miners (5x Antminer S9) when profitability decrease over time. So I only have some GPU Rig since that day. Then again, my mining profitability goes down because most altcoins turn bearish and I'm faced with high-cost electricity ($0.11/kwh).

I know, I should get started looking for another coin that might give me a better profit. But because of my full-time work, I just leave my rig off at the moment.

Activity: 854
Merit: 12
arcs-chain.com
March 28, 2019, 03:53:54 AM
I'm a GPU only guy...  Grin
GPUs have 2 years manufacturer warranty, flexibility in mining different algos, high re-sale value ... so GPUs are guaranteed to work during 2 years and this usually covers your ROI... of course that the concept of ROI is very relative when talking about mining because there is the market factor and each person method (keep selling every month, or choose to hold hoping for a better market condition).
So I guess that all the setups can be profitable, it will strongly depend on your mining strategy and energy costs
cheers
Activity: 846
Merit: 115
March 28, 2019, 12:38:10 AM
I'm in Ohio and just singed a one year deal for 4.2 cents khw.

Nice deal!

Looks like you need to have at least over 100 gpus and be willing to rent out the facility in order to source out cheap electric. And do this job full time, which is a big commitment.   I feel these are the ones that will survive and thrive in the bear market

The home miners and the colo hosting miners are drowning.  Seems like 8 cents is the best we can get and we're barely breaking even with electric. But at the same time, those that home and colo hosting are not doing this full time and probably have other day jobs to stay solvent.

Activity: 449
Merit: 24
March 27, 2019, 08:59:18 PM
I'm in Ohio and just singed a one year deal for 4.2 cents khw.
March 27, 2019, 04:17:15 PM
Serious miners are paying nowhere near 10 cents, if your electricity is that expensive you shouldn't even be mining in the first place.

Well best electric rate you can get with gpu mining in the united states at a colo facility if they even allow it is at 8 cents.  I have not found cheaper rates at a colo in the united states.

Sorry not all of us own mining facilities in china next to a hydro dam.

I will gladly mine at a loss to take you bigger farms out of business. You guys have much more operating and facility cost.  I can do this for multi years.  If i eat some losses no big deal that just offsets my income on my taxes.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 646
March 27, 2019, 04:11:22 PM

Is there a calculator where you can check at which electricity cost mining with a specific GPU can still be profitable?
Activity: 1218
Merit: 534
March 27, 2019, 01:58:34 PM
March 27, 2019, 12:34:25 PM
I have both, but mostly ASICs, it all depends on your power cost and gear cost after all, the fact that you can resell GPUs after you are done with them is not important enough to me, i see no point selling a gpu that i paid 400$ for 50$.

Everytime i buy a mining gear the first thing i think about is roi time, mining is a risky business , you don't want to be waiting for a year or 10 months to get to break even point, you always need to assume that if you don't manage to roi , selling your gear won't make that up when you do it half way ( some rare scenarios may be differrnt) but most of the time if you don't ROI in a few months you are screwed.

Right now what ASIC is a good buy?  For example a z11, bitmain is sold out it looks like I can get one for 2k.  With my cost of power 4.2 kwh it make $15 a day.  But when the difficulty rises profit will drop if difficulty doubles my profit gets cut in half and that makes roi pretty far out.

Still much faster roi over gpus which is around 1300 days or 4 years +

Lol no, just no.  You must be overpaying for your gpus or mining the wrong coins.  ROI is nowhere near 4 years, stop giving false information and do some actual research.

Dude just look at what to mine. Pretty consistent over 1000 days at least. Most cards are around 1300 days like 1660 ti and thats assuming you got below avg residential rate of 10 cents
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
March 27, 2019, 11:22:57 AM
I have only 2 GPU and now I'm waiting for it to go up a bit to buy another GPU
Activity: 1218
Merit: 534
March 27, 2019, 11:20:53 AM
I have both, but mostly ASICs, it all depends on your power cost and gear cost after all, the fact that you can resell GPUs after you are done with them is not important enough to me, i see no point selling a gpu that i paid 400$ for 50$.

Everytime i buy a mining gear the first thing i think about is roi time, mining is a risky business , you don't want to be waiting for a year or 10 months to get to break even point, you always need to assume that if you don't manage to roi , selling your gear won't make that up when you do it half way ( some rare scenarios may be differrnt) but most of the time if you don't ROI in a few months you are screwed.

Right now what ASIC is a good buy?  For example a z11, bitmain is sold out it looks like I can get one for 2k.  With my cost of power 4.2 kwh it make $15 a day.  But when the difficulty rises profit will drop if difficulty doubles my profit gets cut in half and that makes roi pretty far out.

Still much faster roi over gpus which is around 1300 days or 4 years +

Lol no, just no.  You must be overpaying for your gpus or mining the wrong coins.  ROI is nowhere near 4 years, stop giving false information and do some actual research.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
March 27, 2019, 10:25:29 AM
Started out with only GPU miners and getting into ASICs mid 2018. The GPU's are far better in terms of flexibility and can always mine what is most profitable, and are able to test other OS, pools etc. ASICs are very limited, but they are very easy to maintain and setup which are pros.

GPU mining right now isn't that great but the flexibility it gives for mining different algos definitely helps and is exciting. Currently using ethashpool.com and thegrinpool.com taking advantage of the 0% fees and auto-conversions into eth and btc!
Activity: 15
March 27, 2019, 06:16:46 AM
Hello.
I am a only GPU miner with 160 AMD GPU'S and 100 NVIDIA GPU's. In total 260 GPU's. I have this farm almost 2 years. For now is ok.

Shocked
What coins do you mine?

in the moment etc with amd and beam with nvidia

Thanks  Wink
Activity: 120
March 26, 2019, 12:55:08 PM
Hello.
I am a only GPU miner with 160 AMD GPU'S and 100 NVIDIA GPU's. In total 260 GPU's. I have this farm almost 2 years. For now is ok.

Shocked
What coins do you mine?

in the moment etc with amd and beam with nvidia
Activity: 15
March 26, 2019, 10:28:55 AM
Hello.

Shocked
What coins do you mine?
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
March 24, 2019, 10:02:54 PM
GPU only is for pussy´s XD sorry little joke  Cheesy

I ran up to 5 different miners on 1 rig and on some other rigs 3 different or more. We use every computerpart that can mine (GPU, CPU, HDD)

But i hate ASICS  Cheesy

I basically mine 2 GTX 1060TI 6GB in nicehash part-time only. If I close the internet cafe, I run it on my server. It is okay for me because I don't pay for electricity.
Someone pays for that electricity, nothing is free.

I said it's on an internet cafe so, The electric consumed in my GPU is not that big, It's not even affecting the current electric bill on the internet cafe.
Yeah it's not worth it to lose your job over since I'm guessing you work there. Don't mine on the bosses dime.

But its free man, don't change electric cost! ......  ROFL  Get  your resume updated.
Yeah I think the boss will see this more as a willing to steal when he comes in and finds it mining one day and ask what the fuck.
It's free on his side and boss isn't aware on what are the additional charges that he has to pay. He can't feel the surge of the electricity and can say that it doesn't affect the bill because it's 'free'.
This will always be an issue with gpu mining and difficulty, it can be small enough and be part of a standard pc that it leads people to be encouraged to use company, parents, others power and mine for "free".
Activity: 120
March 26, 2019, 06:18:11 AM
Hello.
Pages:
Jump to: