Pages:
Author

Topic: How many people have been panic selling? I didn't. - page 6. (Read 2055 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 137
I do not think that in a situation with a significant last drop in the price of bitcoin to five thousand dollars, panic played a significant role. I already think that holders of bitcoins and generally cryptocurrencies are used to significant price drops. Bitcoin, like the whole decentralized cryptocurrency, has a very high price volatility and, in my opinion, it is unlikely today we can be scared by the big price drop in bitcoin.
As we are becoming more and more convinced, in this case the elementary absence of free money in people played a significant role in preparing for quarantine from coronavirus. Earlier, when we discussed how Bitcoin will behave in various social disasters, we did not take this factor into account.
Activity: 854
Merit: 140
Almost trader and investor are panic for selling bitcoin and altcoin at lower price, they think will bad for holding assets when price is going down, how ever take half our money is better than lost much money in bitcoin and altcoin investing because give bad reputation for investor and trader.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 318
In my opinion why do we have to panic selling, if we are sure about bitcoin, there is no need to worry about current market conditions.
We panic, it's okay to see the price of bitcoin go down, but it's better that panic we experience can be controlled. So it won't do panic
selling, because with many people panic selling will worsen the situation of the market. My advice if you really know the investment risk
in bitcoin it must be prepared to face the risk of volatile bitcoin prices which means prices will rise or fall dramatically. So it should be
if you already know this it will not panic to see bitcoin that goes down quite deep.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
Looking at the price right now, we can say that price has been volatile but the panic selling wasn't really "panic selling" as we usually know about. Normally, when we talk about panic selling we talk about the people who sell because price went down, we see a lot of sell orders broken and a lot of people selling in panic and that is normal in bitcoin, that happens constantly.

However this one is different, this one is more like a whole financial system going down type of deal, this one is not regarded to bitcoin only, this happened all around the world in every place, so we can't really say that bitcoin was panic sold, everything was sold which affected bitcoin obviously. Price is back up anyway so there is no need to worry, just keep calm and move on.
I still think that what we saw fits the definition of panic selling, the price drop was really fast and anyone watching the market at the time had to take a decision, to keep holding their coins or to sell, most of those that were trading at the time decided to sell looking to lock in their profits and when the supply increased in such a fast way there were not enough buyers to absorb all of those coins making the price of bitcoin to drop like a rock, it is true this happened all over the world and over all different types of markets but that does not seem like a valid excuse to me.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
We don't know exactly how many people are panic selling right now but if the people sell theie bitcoin right now maybe the reason is because of the outbreak of the coronavirus that we experienced . I don't know if they have any chance that we can collect the data of how many traders are panic selling but the cleae now market is dumping and we need to pump it again.
We might not know how many but we know people are panicking due to the pandemic that until now are still continuing its spread.
In the crypto market, we might not feel it hard as recently bitcoin has slowly recovered, but in our respective countries, we are seeing the increase of number on infected people and the collapse of our economy due to this.

For me, crypto should be considered as a good alternative for investment at this time, though the adoption is still low but I believe the potential is high, so we can use bitcoin as a good store of value for our money.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
We don't know exactly how many people are panic selling right now but if the people sell theie bitcoin right now maybe the reason is because of the outbreak of the coronavirus that we experienced . I don't know if they have any chance that we can collect the data of how many traders are panic selling but the cleae now market is dumping and we need to pump it again.
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
I've contacted a few friends who hold like me. They're all very concerned by the huge drop, but none has sold a single BTC.
We're all holders.
I know it's huge, but I believe the sharp fall in BTC's price has been caused by a very small number of individuals.
Waiting for data...

Either me, I will not panic sell my bitcoin. I still beleive in bitcoin. Lot of people says "it is the end of crypto" when it dumped but look it is still here. In fact, if I have a lot of money, I will buy some more because it is low. It is a good opportunity. When the time that bitcoin price increases, maybe that is the time that I will panic sell due to I am afraid that I might missed the increases and it goes down again
Activity: 1568
Merit: 100
COMBONetwork
of course if viewed from the price decline at the beginning of March, there must be many traders who sell bitcoin, maybe because of daily needs due to a virus disaster, then people withdraw bitcoin to be used as money, I also withdrew my bitcoin, and of course because of the needs that I have to fulfill, even though prices are down, actually we don't need to panic, because prices will go back up, and you have to be patient
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
It is fine not to sell anything if you believe strongly in the long-term future of crypto. Trading can of course be immensely profitable, but it can be very stressful as well, and does provoke a tendency to be constantly checking for price movements. I know some people say those who just hold long-term are missing out on big profits, but they are also missing out on stress and the possibility of big losses by selling at the wrong time.

Personally I think long-term holding of solid coins - particularly bitcoin - is a perfectly good strategy.

I tried to cover both approaches, I sold some and held some. The stuff I held I bought back lower and increased my holdings. But not as much as I would have if I'd sold everything. The trade-off was reduced stress and reduced risk, and I'm happy with that.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 168
Looking at the price right now, we can say that price has been volatile but the panic selling wasn't really "panic selling" as we usually know about. Normally, when we talk about panic selling we talk about the people who sell because price went down, we see a lot of sell orders broken and a lot of people selling in panic and that is normal in bitcoin, that happens constantly.

However this one is different, this one is more like a whole financial system going down type of deal, this one is not regarded to bitcoin only, this happened all around the world in every place, so we can't really say that bitcoin was panic sold, everything was sold which affected bitcoin obviously. Price is back up anyway so there is no need to worry, just keep calm and move on.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
It's the whales with stock portfolios, they have been raising liquidity by selling cryptos. That's where the big drop came from.

Well, I think they can manipulate the movement of price of Bitcoin and other crypto currencies but I don't think they are the reason for the sudden price dump this week. It is already said that the scammers of Plustoken are now moving the bitcoins they've scammed and put it to mixers causing the big dump that happened.
Activity: 896
Merit: 198
I assumed that this period of time there are a pot of people again panic sell because os the corona virus. The Bitcoin price drops and so as the the other altcoins. I dont know why does people always sells when sudden phenomenon is occuring. But for other people this is a great opportunity to invest because not just bitcoins and cryptocurrency is decreasing but the stock market too. So for me just for me this is a great time to buy stocks buy cryptocurrency and just wait for a long run. I do not panic when you have a lot of patience and you are not depending into all this as your main source
For simple reason's they are all want to secured thier asset by having it  in fiat when they know that  there will be a negative effect on the market.
Its a wise decision to other 's and wait only when the price decline so they can make a buy back and use the money they sell in high price. Its normal thing in trader's they are not holders so every negative news they make a move earlier to other's and use that opportunity to earn.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
I assumed that this period of time there are a pot of people again panic sell because os the corona virus. The Bitcoin price drops and so as the the other altcoins. I dont know why does people always sells when sudden phenomenon is occuring. But for other people this is a great opportunity to invest because not just bitcoins and cryptocurrency is decreasing but the stock market too. So for me just for me this is a great time to buy stocks buy cryptocurrency and just wait for a long run. I do not panic when you have a lot of patience and you are not depending into all this as your main source
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
Panic selling is the last thing I’m ever going to try. No matter the situation that the market has been into I never thought about selling my coins I’m still going to keep holding because I know that he who laughs last will surely laugh the most.

A lot of people have said lots of sh*** about Bitcoin and even called it a scam and Ponzi, that’s their Business, they can keep on selling. Those are the ones that don’t believe in this, a little shake in the price and they are all running from it. They will still be the ones that will come back and cry on how they regret selling their coins lol.
I admire your mental fortitude but at the same time many people have said something similar and then they fell victims of their own pessimistic thoughts and then they sold their coins at the worst possible time imaginable, I hope that you have very clear reasons to keep holding your bitcoin because holding may seem easy but take this from someone that endured the crash at the end of 2017 and the bear market that followed that lasted for more than a year, holding your coins under those circumstances is not easy.
Activity: 185
Merit: 34
There are plenty of people here sold their bitcoins weeks ago,i had some friends here in forum that sold out all the assets they hold from altcoins to bitcoin because of being afraid as they had first experience these kind of dumping.
Imagine falling up to 4$k level from 5 digits value?this is sudden mate so we can’t blame them from panicking .

I panic bought as much as I could when it dropped to 4k, but what do I know.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
I've contacted a few friends who hold like me. They're all very concerned by the huge drop, but none has sold a single BTC.
We're all holders.
I know it's huge, but I believe the sharp fall in BTC's price has been caused by a very small number of individuals.
Waiting for data...
There are plenty of people here sold their bitcoins weeks ago,i had some friends here in forum that sold out all the assets they hold from altcoins to bitcoin because of being afraid as they had first experience these kind of dumping.

Imagine falling up to 4$k level from 5 digits value?this is sudden mate so we can’t blame them from panicking .
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502
I also did not sell anything and I don't understand what is the reason to sell when you obviously loosing so much
to be honest I was also a little panicked when I saw the price of bitcoin decrease from $ 8k to $ 5k. but, I don't sell it. however, I think yesterday it could have been manipulation or something else, but it seems that it was indeed due to the coronavirus. so far, I think that when this virus has passed, prices can return to normal.
Virus may be an influence but it should not be so significant, I doubt that whales have used this plague to manipulate market prices, make people dump their bitcoin before the critical moment as halving events, you can see the success of the whale in this story, the price has dropped very sharply and panicked almost the whole market. But the return in a short time is also very quick, even if the virus is still unresolved, the price is still rising very fast, next, many panicked people will regret their actions when bitcoin gets better
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
We're all holders.
Good for your set of friends to be holding even the hardest time comes when more than 50% of bitcoin price drops in just a day,because mine are not in my group almost everyone sells out and ready the money for this pandemic effect (but not me because i can manage expenses without withdrawing my holdings)
Waiting for data...
Not totally small number but whales i guess,because the dump is too fast for small investors make effect.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
It's the whales with stock portfolios, they have been raising liquidity by selling cryptos. That's where the big drop came from.
Activity: 952
Merit: 274
Those who panicked when the price of Bitcoin fell down by almost 50% days ago are those newbie investor who don't know how Bitcoin's price is moving. They are the ones who are heavily relying on the news media which is a no no for me. I don't like news media since they only telling the negative side of everything from stocks to crypto blah blah they are bull shit.

I didn't panicked here even a bit. I don't need to convert at that time too and I believe that "Whatever goes down, goes up in a few days" Smiley. If you panicked and sold it at the lowest price then congrats because you are at a loss. It would be better if you sold at the 6k mark and then bought at the 4k price you could get a profit there since we saw Bitcoin rising bit by bit already Smiley.
I did not panic when the price goes down but I managed to sold my bitcoin because it is part of my plan in order to protect my fund. For those people who panicked are weak in terms of mentally, panicking have a bad psychological effect that can affect our further decisions. I managed to buy again when the price goes up and know I have unrealized gains.
I've been shake out when the price drops massively and for sure many traders also felt that, I slight panicked but I manage to control my emotions back there. Lack of emotional control can result to me to have negative portfolio that is why I do my best to control it. There is panic that I felt but I really handle to throw it away in order for me to stay positive and avoid making regretful decisions.
Pages:
Jump to: