Pages:
Author

Topic: How many scammers have you funded by putting your money in? - page 6. (Read 1599 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 18
So far, it is zero.  Grin  But I always try to be careful about especially new projects in the market. Because there are really many frauds out there waiting for their victims. I recommend all the people to be as aware as possible. It is really too easy to lose money in this market.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
~
As what all of the people aware of the scams says in here, don't believe in doublers or anything that would 2x or 3x your sent money overtime.
Watch some scambaiters seeing how they try to crap around these scammers in Youtube. Smiley It is quite funny.

If the offer is something too good to be true, best to skip it and not to invest any amount either time or money.

Those scammers are rounding around trying to find someon who will bite their offer and get victimized by the

system scammers have, be aware and always put your guards up, don't give any reason for scammers to penetrate you.
Activity: 854
Merit: 130
2017 and 2018 were the worst years for me because at that time I didn't know much about crypto and always considered all projects is real, so at that time I invested money in several projects at the same time, some made profit and I also lost money in several projects. as you said, mistakes made me learn and be more careful in determining projects before investing
because too many scammers made me to invest in ICO, until now I'm only joined IEO on binance
Activity: 2548
Merit: 533
"CoinPoker.com"
When I was just starting on this forum where ICO isn't still known to be money grabs then the main scamming modus into those old days where hyips and ponzis.
Yes, its absurd that there are lots of people wayback do still get victimized with those common and obvious scams but those are still not known and not being busted
that much and after that then that's the time where ICO scams do happen and I haven't made myself make out some investment after being scammed lots in
doublers and Ponzi and that's really a lesson learned for me. If we do make out calculations on how much I do lost then that would be a significant one.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
~
As what all of the people aware of the scams says in here, don't believe in doublers or anything that would 2x or 3x your sent money overtime.
Watch some scambaiters seeing how they try to crap around these scammers in Youtube. Smiley It is quite funny.
Activity: 1004
Merit: 111
I had been here for a couple of years and all those years for being here is that I never try to buy or invest into any form of the ICO, IEO, or STO but most of often was I joined at the bounty campaign where if there is risk that is my time to spend and effort only not the fund come from my pocket.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 326
I don't think there's no shame admitting that we make mistakes, that's where you learn from. Sometimes even with DYOR, legit looking projects turn out to be scams. And sometimes we just want to risk it.

During last bullrun ico frency 2017-2018 many people were saying that ICO scams are now over and next time people will be smarter. However now there are more scams then ever, especially rug pulls in uniswap and pancakeswap. We just don't call them ICOs anymore.

So i would like to hear your stories on how did you get scammed. Was it because you aped in without research or something else?
I've been scammed in investing with a ponzi scheme system. back in 2014 when cloud mining was very crowded and at that time I didn't really realize the worst possibility of cloud mining that they offered. I invested $ 5000 even though my money was fully returned, I still felt cheated by what they offered. if you've ever heard of PBmining. Yes, im talking about that .
Activity: 1722
Merit: 269
I don't think there's no shame admitting that we make mistakes, that's where you learn from. Sometimes even with DYOR, legit looking projects turn out to be scams. And sometimes we just want to risk it.

During last bullrun ico frency 2017-2018 many people were saying that ICO scams are now over and next time people will be smarter. However now there are more scams then ever, especially rug pulls in uniswap and pancakeswap. We just don't call them ICOs anymore.

So i would like to hear your stories on how did you get scammed. Was it because you aped in without research or something else?

I kinda got scammed with my very first investment into crypto which was the ICO of Dimcoin back in 2017. Some known crypto expert back then said it is a great project to invest in and even in this forum the project was talked about and the reception of it was very positive. Thank god i only invested 150$ in it because i wanted to try things out how wallets and transactions work and so on. The ico raised 14M $ if i remember correctly and soon after the ICO the CEO stepped down and then quickly everything fall apart. A few members of the dimcoin team founded another company and i assume they took the money with them. So basically a total loss of funds for everyone that invested and did not sell off quickly once the coins were tradeable.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 10
For many years I have invested in many cryptocurrency projects and very often it turned out that some of these cryptocurrency projects turned out to be scammers and unfortunately these scammers took all the investors money into their pockets and they simply disappeared, so lately I am trying not to invest in new cryptocurrency projects because this there is huge a risk to lose your money and I prefer to invest in proven top cryptocurrencies and the profit from this suits me.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Back in 2017 and 2018, I lost some of my money to such scams. Back then I was new to the cryptocurrency sector and I trusted a lot of projects blindly. I could have been more careful about them, but not much can be done now. Anyway, now I have moved on and treat these incidents as learning steps. In every sector, there will be scammers who try to take advantage of the relatively new and inexperienced users. And in this sector the proportion will be higher, because a large percentage of the users are new.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 2
I WANTED EVERYONE TO BE HAPPY
We all are human we all do mistake but if i say truly i never got scammed by anyone as i am person who do all the research deeply then invest in any coin/ any token or don't believe in any person who offer me
Activity: 1260
Merit: 504
I purchased and contributed there dependent on high Twitter supporters and the dynamic local area in message. I don't recall the name of the undertaking since I just participate. I additionally put resources into a trick ones preceding. Purchased modest stictions that up to this point has a no worth at all in return of Ethereum.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
Currently I never touch ICO or other fundraising model, because I prefer to buy tokens after listed on the exchange. But my mistake is using centralized exchange that have low trust, so I been loss about 2k equivalent of tokens. This CEX is Cryptopia, they closed and never refund the assets of all their user, that happened in 2019.  For beginner in crypto space should be becarefull to use any CEX and pick out that really has high trust and regulations.
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
I don't invest in fake ico but I follow a lot of bounty on fake new altcoins as a result we waste a lot of time on fake bounties.
between 2017 and 2018, many bounties were fake.

Its also kind of scam, you give free marketing for scammer to market their project better.
People who do bounty must take a look deeper about the project that they will participate unless they will got nothing from it.
Activity: 910
Merit: 101
I don't invest in fake ico but I follow a lot of bounty on fake new altcoins as a result we waste a lot of time on fake bounties.
between 2017 and 2018, many bounties were fake.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
Honestly, I never invest or buy tokens from scammers. It is because I will prefer to buy top coins because it is safer than buying new tokens during ICO. And here, we also don't know whether the project will be good and promising or not.

Well, although it may be not experiencing scammed by investment, I think that most of us are scammed with the very big project announcement that is right but in fact, this is only participating in certain programs and no rewards because of scam projects.
Activity: 546
Merit: 105
I dont know its a scam or not, but the one and only ico i funded is Ubex.ai and the projects performs so bad until now.
But, i have no option to hold their coins since its ERC20 token and the gas fee is too high to be provided.
Activity: 686
Merit: 28
PUGG.io
I have never joined ICO or IEO, it is very difficult to determine which projects are scam or not when lauching in the ICO. now a more practical way for scammers to find victims by IDO or IPO. Indeed, in pencake and uniswap there are a lot of projects that could possibly be a scam, so always be careful ... if you want to invest Just with a small capital
Activity: 1064
Merit: 350
I'm grateful that I have never invested in such scam projects so far. I try to be as careful as possible not to get caught by these people. But I have no doubt that so many people believed in them without having much knowledge about the things.
Activity: 643
Merit: 1
I, too, participated in those scam schemes' bounty campaigns. I lost track of how many projects I was a member of; they seemed to be very serious when it came to launching projects, but in the end, they were just scams. I put in a lot of money, even though it wasn't a lot of money, between $50 and $100 per project. However, if anything is equal, they will also lose a significant amount of money.
Pages:
Jump to: