Pages:
Author

Topic: How many scams have you caught? - page 4. (Read 564 times)

legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036
Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
December 04, 2023, 09:55:28 AM
~
Please share your experience with me so that I can be careful in the world of cryptocurrency.
Thanks.
I can't remember the last time I got scammed TBH. I don't know if I got scammed even when I was still a newbie or not.
Maybe I can consider that I got scammed when I invested in those new projects (ICOs) and ended up as a failed project. I guess that's the one part that I got scammed, but aside from that, I never get scammed by these stupid scammers.

What I did is before investing, I already watched numerous Youtube videos, and read some threads here regarding tips and tricks on how not to get scammed. At that time, lots of scam projects were emerging, and most of them had the red flags that I just watched or read. Until now, whenever I see new projects, I always think that they are a scam at first because nowadays, investing in new projects is very hard because the chances of you getting scammed are at their highest. Though I've missed many opportunities not to invest in new projects because I'm always hesitant, I'm not feeling any regret at all.

There are many ways for a scammer to scam you. Most of them are very common especially if you've seen lots of them already. Learn more about how these scammers are doing, and you will not get scammed. Smiley
Activity: 2254
Merit: 831
December 04, 2023, 04:37:34 AM
Scammers are everywhere and they don't stop their scam activities because it already becomes their scam habit. They love it, addict it and will not stop scamming others.

If you are not too greed, even you don't have basic or deep technical knowledge, you can avoid scam. People were scammed not mostly because they don't have knowledge or experience but mainly because they were too greed. When they were too greed, they will be led by scammers and lose money.

Scam common scam types.
Collection of comprehensive guides on identify and avoid scam projects
Activity: 406
Merit: 443
December 04, 2023, 03:04:10 AM
I have seen many cases of fraudulent projects on this forum https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0
What I want to ask you is how many times have you been caught in a scam project?
You mean how many times have you been scammed? Wink
We can all be scammed, but the more we know, the more expensive it is to scan us, but in the end, it is not shameful to be scammed, and it is stupid to be scammed in the same way over and over again.

As for the worst scam, it is the social attacks and Ponzi schemes in which your friend tells you that you will become rich and invest your money, and suddenly you discover that you and your friend have been defrauded, and their danger is that they may cause social problems in addition to scam.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 296
December 04, 2023, 01:44:01 AM
So far we have come to know about many scams and many scams have been discussed in this forum. The biggest fraud I have seen and known is the SBF fraud. The fraud committed by FTX is considered to be one of the biggest frauds ever. Investors have lost huge amounts of money due to this scam and many investors have lost confidence in crypto platforms and exchanges. Mixer campaigns have cheated but those cheats are nothing compared to the FTX cheat because the FTX cheat is one of the biggest cheats I have ever seen. SBF was heavily penalized for this massive fraud even though investors did not get their money back due to his conviction.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
December 04, 2023, 01:26:14 AM
The worst scams in my opinion are phishing scams and the scams going on on twitter.

Phishing is bad because if you use Coinbase or Kraken or any decent exchange you might get an alert from them and think it’s legit. You will click it without thinking and get sent to a phishing website. This is because they spam everyone even people not in crypto and eventually run into people that use the exchange and fall for it.

Twitter is second because they got those fake, send 1 BTC and get back 2 BTC which are pretty convincing. Because if you check the block explorer you will see people send them BTC and get back double, however it just bots and eventually someone will fall for it.
Activity: 238
Merit: 68
Freedom speech and decentralized places. 💕
December 04, 2023, 12:51:05 AM
Scamming is something the most of us hate and with all right to do so! I give all my respect and power to the scam hunters on the internet, myself have never been scammed here or been involved in a scam.
Since I am a active P2P trader I have been scammed sometimes tho, never on this platform but on other ones where P2P-trading is the main thing. But I have added a thinking into everything. That I never should allow myself to get fooled twice in the same way. I always remember the things to not do. So have I get scammed? Yes. Have I get scammed the same way twice? Never.. It's very sad but you cant trust anyone on the internet when it involving money, always play your hand safe!
Activity: 38
Merit: 7
December 03, 2023, 11:31:44 PM
I have seen many cases of fraudulent projects on this forum https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0
What I want to ask you is how many times have you been caught in a scam project?
And what factors deceived you?
Please share your experience with me so that I can be careful in the world of cryptocurrency.
Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: