Pages:
Author

Topic: How much and why do you admire Satoshi's work? - page 2. (Read 2096 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I think if he is indeed one person, (not a group of scientists or something else) he should be awarded Nobel prize in Economy - For creation of Bitcoin and Blockchain. Is that enough of admiration?

He deserve a few Nobel prizes. If he is award one, then I think he is top 3 of all Nobel prize in Economy.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
I'll just put here this great quote from Satoshi which I put in my signature:

"We can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years" - Satoshi Nakamoto
tss
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
this whole topic is fabricated signature campaign spam.

not a single person posted here without a signature campaign.  quite sad that this is what "discussion" has become.

LMAO, are you insane? I think you don't know what does spam mean. It seems that you call every post is spam if the poster wears a signature.

If posts in this thread are off-topic or only simple bump, it is called spam, but all the posts are discussing real things, they are posting constructive posts, but not spam, I think your post is a REAL SPAM.  Grin

Edit: find 2 guys don't have signature, so your judge is wrong again.  Cheesy
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11145358
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11150687

LMAO.. keep pretending you genuinely wanted to post and were not influenced so you can earn your campaign money.

you can fill the entire forum on a daily basis with topics like,

what did you do with your bitcoin today?
do you think the price will go up or down?
do you think bitcoin is good or bad for the world?
whats better pos or pow?
will halving increase or decrease price?
what will bitcoin be worth in 10 years?

none of you are having any genuine discussion.. you formulate your posts and replies to pretend to not be spam so you can earn a few pennies.  you have no contribution to any subject matter and ARE ALL IN FACT SPAM!
Activity: 518
Trust me!
If you look at many things, they're just so elegant and beautiful... Simple solutions to big problems. Simply the rule "the longest chain is the valid one" solves so many problems. Or the beauty of being able to run a pool without the fear of people using the block-solving-hash to keep the reward for themselves - it's not possible. Beautiful!
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I also admire Satoshi a lot, for bringing out a big revolution of technology which enables to send and receive money with ease and all are noted in the public ledger blockchain, i would also like to include my thank you notes to him. Thank you Satoshi, I admire your work Smiley
Activity: 840

not a single person posted here without a signature campaign.  quite sad that this is what "discussion" has become.

LMAO, are you insane? I think you don't know what does spam mean. It seems that you call every post is spam if the poster wears a signature.

If posts in this thread are off-topic or only simple bump, it is called spam, but all the posts are discussing real things, they are posting constructive posts, but not spam, I think your post is a REAL SPAM.  Grin

Edit: find 2 guys don't have signature, so your judge is wrong again.  Cheesy
Activity: 602

I also admire the work of  Satoshi a lot. It has touched my life very much and is sure touching the lives of countless others and is only growing with time.

There is nothing wrong for anyone to comment if they are in signature campaign or not, this thread looks it has only few comments to start with and you have contradicted your post as there are some posts without being in a signature campaign
tss

Merit: 502
Circa 2010
I think there is an over glorification of Satoshi, don't get me wrong the blockchain and Bitcoin are both amazing technologies but there have been plenty of geniuses to admire throughout history. I think the thing to admire about Satoshi is that he never has spent or sold his coins, this is what truly brings my admiration for him, the idea of doing amazing work is one thing but not taking a dime when you're worth a Billion USD is another.

TL;DR I admire his work but his restraint more.

I would tend to agree - being on a Bitcoin forum it shouldn't come as a surprise that it'll have a large userbase that has some degree of fanaticism regarding Bitcoin. First off, there is no conclusive proof that he hasn't spent his coins - that is pure speculation - for all you know he had additional addresses that we are unaware of and that he has spent them. Or he could've remained (non-officially) and mined coins without suspicion. Next, I would argue that Bitcoin hasn't really done anything thus far - ideologically wise I see people thinking it's some sort of savior (i.e. it'll free us from oppressive governments and greedy bankers) - when in reality it hasn't done that at all. Right now, it acts very poorly (in terms of merchant acceptance and the tendency for people to convert it to fiat) as a currency and that's about it.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
Satoshi set out to solve one problem {So it seems} and without knowing it, solved MANY problems. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVYE7aqJpRc

He/She/They also decided to stay away from the limelight { or prison and poverty } by being anonymous and resisted the urge to be greedy and sell the 1 million coins, when it was valued at $1000.

Satoshi could decide tommorrow to come out of hiding or to reveal his/her identity...but choose not to for whatever reason. If this does happen, he/she/it would be one of the most famous people or group in the world. { Up there with the Pope / Nelson Mandela / Princess Dianna / Ghadi }  Roll Eyes
What exactly Princess Diana did beside being rich princess and travelling around the world while taking pictures with poor babies? Maybe I am a bit ignorant here, but it seems that way to me.
Satoshi from the other side changed the world. Blockchain technology is being researched and incorporated right now - for example IBM are researching and testing it. Bitcon is probably the most important invention of 21. century by now. Satoshi created something amazing.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
i admire his work, because he started a new era(and his work is still ongoing), like who invented internet/phones ecc... all these big have changed completely how we live our life, kudos to them

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
Satoshi set out to solve one problem {So it seems} and without knowing it, solved MANY problems. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVYE7aqJpRc

I think he was pretty aware of the implications.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073

He/She/They also decided to stay away from the limelight { or prison and poverty } by being anonymous and resisted the urge to be greedy and sell the 1 million coins, when it was valued at $1000.

Satoshi could decide tommorrow to come out of hiding or to reveal his/her identity...but choose not to for whatever reason. If this does happen, he/she/it would be one of the most famous people or group in the world. { Up there with the Pope / Nelson Mandela / Princess Dianna / Ghadi }  Roll Eyes
Activity: 518
I think there is an over glorification of Satoshi, don't get me wrong the blockchain and Bitcoin are both amazing technologies but there have been plenty of geniuses to admire throughout history. I think the thing to admire about Satoshi is that he never has spent or sold his coins, this is what truly brings my admiration for him, the idea of doing amazing work is one thing but not taking a dime when you're worth a Billion USD is another.

TL;DR I admire his work but his restraint more.
Great point, he didnt make the greatest thing of all time. Its a bit biased because we are a community if bitcoiners. However satoshi did make a very creative advanced technology.
Activity: 840
Satoshi didn't only create Bitcoin and the blockchain, he also invented something that touched people's minds, and made them rethink the entire concept of finance, economy and banking. That alone is worth writing in the history books, and those are the kinds of things that start a revolution.

Wherever his ideas may lead us, it will probably be a better place.

Satoshi is a genius, he is the first-class expert in cryptography, finance, information technology fields. Bitcoin is better than bank system, faster, cheaper, it's a revolutionary invention. He should get a Nobel economy prize, but he is a low key person.

A great sage - Satoshi Nakamoto.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Infleum
If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be able to get paid for posting on a forum.  Cheesy

He showed people we can live without fiat, there can be electronic money. Even if Bitcoin doesn't survive the idea of an electronic independent currency will continue to be pursued.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
I am finally able to send and receive payments without having to worry about my account getting freezed. It happened so many times with PayPal.

I am also able to have full control of my wealth. Especially the fact that governments and banks can't do shit now. I thank Satoshi for that  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1128
Satoshi didn't only create Bitcoin and the blockchain, he also invented something that touched people's minds, and made them rethink the entire concept of finance, economy and banking. That alone is worth writing in the history books, and those are the kinds of things that start a revolution.

It is a nice way to move value around the world.  Lots of power behind it in a way it is the future of currency  for sure.  I am happy to have mined it since 2012.  I have 1 regret about bitcoin I first looked into it the spring of 2011 and was not quite able to get into it.  My bad I wished I had started then.

True, I haven't seen anything in our life time that touched the lives of people so dearly as the invention of Satoshi, thanks Satoshi !
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'

It is a nice way to move value around the world.  Lots of power behind it in a way it is the future of currency  for sure.  I am happy to have mined it since 2012.  I have 1 regret about bitcoin I first looked into it the spring of 2011 and was not quite able to get into it.  My bad I wished I had started then.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

Pages:
Jump to: