Pages:
Author

Topic: how much are actually bank fees to pay by credit card or send money? - page 2. (Read 1694 times)

donator
Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012
International wire transfers from the US range from $25 to $45 per transfer for the banks that I use. This does not include any currency exchamge loss or correspondent bank fees.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
The costs are often hidden because they are paid by the merchant.  I think in the USA it is customary to pay a small fixed fee, say .29 USD plus a percentage, say 2% of the transaction amount.  As you can see, for many transactions, bitcoin at .0001 btc or .05 USD, is a great deal.  Debit cards are less expensive.
Debit cards are actually more expensive as they use a smaller, less efficient network. Also more data needs to be transmitted when a debit card is used (the customer entering the PIN which is transmitted to the bank in encrypted format, who will reply if it is valid or not). It has been reported that debit card transactions usually cost much more credit card transactions.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
The costs are often hidden because they are paid by the merchant.  I think in the USA it is customary to pay a small fixed fee, say .29 USD plus a percentage, say 2% of the transaction amount.  As you can see, for many transactions, bitcoin at .0001 btc or .05 USD, is a great deal.  Debit cards are less expensive.
Activity: 293
Merit: 100
since I don't have one, I ask you how much, in detail with source maybe, they are. Because, if, if they were very small, there would be no real reason for average people to use bitcoin. For example I have read that in UE since 2013 fees are 0,2% for debt card and 0,3% for credit card. Which is low. How much in other places?
Pages:
Jump to: