Pages:
Author

Topic: How much does an Airdrop cost? - page 3. (Read 900 times)

legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
May 05, 2018, 08:59:31 AM
I don't know exactly where to post this. Bitcoin discussion I think is not appropriated because this is altcoin related. If I post on the altcoins sessions only spammers and shitposters will see it... Any ideas? I can move it elsewhere, but I think this is somewhat forum related.

It's hopefully something the more seasoned denizens of the forum already understand, so I'd say Beginners & Help would be the most constructive.

For the topic at hand, Airdrops fall into the same category as ICOs.  The vast majority probably aren't worth wasting your time on, but if you're very fortunate, a rare few may prove profitable.  

To date, I've only claimed one Airdrop, which didn't require any KYC and wasn't one of the myriad Bitcoin forks.  So far, at least, it's been a win for free BTC without consequence.  Still holding some of it too, just in case it has an even better future.  I guess that makes me one of the lucky ones.  

I made sure I read plenty about it first.  It seemed safe, but I had no way of knowing that for sure when I installed the software to claim it.  There's a chance my PC could have been infected/hacked and I could have lost my bitcoins.  Some gambles do pay off, others don't.  I may not be so lucky if I indulge my greed a second time.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
May 05, 2018, 08:34:34 AM
I decided to write a new topic about this after a small chat I had with bill gator.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.35719449

In my opinion, airdrops are a waste of time and they are not free, you pay with your privacy and your time.

I barely see people talking about this point of view regarding airdrops, probably because most articles regarding this subject are "sponsored" by some campaign...

I joined a bunch of airdrops last year, about 20, I was paid by only a few of them (about 5). I have sent documents, telegram, created a twitter (already deleted anyway), etc.... did a bunch of useless tasks and received from 5cc to 20 usd.
Conclusion: waste of time and risky.

Even my reputation could be at risk since I do not know what they will do with those docs. They marked me as a customer through KYC, only to inflate their numbers, although I am not really their customer, this is all too dirty.
In addition, exposing your email to these companies may incur an additional risk to your security. Your email can be distributed to third parties, exposing your e-mail to phishing and other types of scams.
As bill gator said, I just did free advertising in social media for them. This advertising through a marketing agency would be more expensive.  

I think it's a shame to see so many people here in bitcointalk participating in all those airdrops and time consuming bounties (such twitter campaigns)... they get involved mostly with bad actors, scammers and shitcoins. That's why so many people here say "ICOs are all scam". Well, they are not; there are many good ICOs around there.

You could make a better use of your time by studying and educating yourself about crypto. In the long term, you will make more money educating yourself than joining bounties and airdrops.
Shitposters and spammers dominate most altcoin related discussion here. Although I have discovered some nice altcoins here, mostly of these are associated with good managers and do not spam the forum.

I don't know exactly where to post this. Bitcoin discussion I think is not appropriated because this is altcoin related. If I post on the altcoins sessions only spammers and shitposters will see it... Any ideas? I can move it elsewhere, but I think this is somewhat forum related.
Pages:
Jump to: