Pages:
Author

Topic: How much % gain/loss before selling - page 2. (Read 223 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
April 02, 2018, 08:14:14 PM
Thank you for your feedback.

I have some altcoin that are already with 20% gain, but it is just small change since I invested just a little to understand how it works.

Maybe a good option would be to allocate some money and start doing some day-week trades to get the idea of how much would be acceptable and then start building a portfolio with long term coins.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
April 02, 2018, 07:54:36 PM
Hello, I'm new here and also new in the cryptocurrency world.

I already bought some coins and got 5% to 15% gain in some of these coins.

My question is, what is your accepted gain/loss % before selling the coin? If you get 5% should you sell it or just wait for it to continue growing?

The question comes because I did not put a lot of money on that, thus I think that I need to buy/sell more frequently to increase my cashflow. Does it make sense?

I would probably hold to some altcoins for the long term when I have more cash to play with.

Thanks!

When it comes to Crypto making 5% is nothing.

When you are trading Forex or stocks you usually aim for 1-2% or so.

With crypto in a few minutes the asset can change by 5% which is nothing.

You need to let your winners run and try and catch the large 20-50% moves.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
April 02, 2018, 07:50:31 PM
Hello, I'm new here and also new in the cryptocurrency world.

I already bought some coins and got 5% to 15% gain in some of these coins.

My question is, what is your accepted gain/loss % before selling the coin? If you get 5% should you sell it or just wait for it to continue growing?

The question comes because I did not put a lot of money on that, thus I think that I need to buy/sell more frequently to increase my cashflow. Does it make sense?

I would probably hold to some altcoins for the long term when I have more cash to play with.

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: