Pages:
Author

Topic: How much to put bitcoin TO DA MOON (or the ISS or a satellite)? - page 2. (Read 5320 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
Wouldn't you need to get a person there to plant the flag?
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Well, the U.S is the only country that has ever put a man on the moon. The fact that it was done over 40 years ago, and no other country has felt the need to also do so, leads me to believe that its either very costly, or very hard to do.

I think we would be better off with something like local advertising, rather than putting a flag on the moon where only aliens will see it.  Smiley

a man is much harder than a flag. Life support and a return are unecessary.

http://www.googlelunarxprize.org/blog/moon-roundup-big-picture

I don't know exactly what the goal was/is of lunar x-prize, but if I remember, the plan was to shoot a bot to the moon, have it drive around and send a HD livestream back to earth.

I don't buy the "but we could use the money much better for xyz" story. Using that argument we'd probably still be in the stone age.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
Well, the U.S is the only country that has ever put a man on the moon. The fact that it was done over 40 years ago, and no other country has felt the need to also do so, leads me to believe that its either very costly, or very hard to do.

I think we would be better off with something like local advertising, rather than putting a flag on the moon where only aliens will see it.  Smiley
donator
How about we build our own small rocket and shoot it to the moon to implant the flag?

Like we see with iphones and weather baloons.

Either way get it crowdfunded in bitcoins http://www.bitcoinstarter.com

How about we used the stash we collected (I described in previous post) as a bounty. Whoever puts a bitcoin flag onto the moon first will get the coins.

And Dank can control the stash.

Who?

We can just hide the private key on the dark side of the moon, uh, wait...
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
How come no one is even mentioning Tony Stark's real life counterpart Elon Musk's SpaceX?

www.spacex.com

I am pretty sure they can give you a quote if you send them an email or twitter. Cheesy
We should do this. It would be too funny.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
How about we build our own small rocket and shoot it to the moon to implant the flag?

How about we used the stash we collected (I described in previous post) as a bounty. Whoever puts a bitcoin flag onto the moon first will get the coins.

And Dank can control the stash.
donator

donator
We should all donate for our very own bitcoin satelite!

I would donate for this.

I think moon is a little to over the top, but satellite would be more feasible.

Hey man, I for one don't want "feasable".

If it's too expensive now, we can just wait.

How about collecting bitcoins into an escrow and as soon as exchange rate makes it possible, we'll do it?

Of course there needs to be a deadline when the coins will be given back should that point never come. Like 2020 or something.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
We should all donate for our very own bitcoin satelite!

I would donate for this.

I think moon is a little to over the top, but satellite would be more feasible.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
How come no one is even mentioning Tony Stark's real life counterpart Elon Musk's SpaceX?

www.spacex.com

I am pretty sure they can give you a quote if you send them an email or twitter. Cheesy
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
Let's build a mega laser and and fire an image of Bitcoin logo on the moon.

Been there! Done that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeKH-N3mh0w
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Or pay to piggy back on some mission to send an USB stick with a copy of the blockchain (like letcore said, I think a copy of the blockchain is more meaningful). Much cheaper.

Yeah sure, a USB stick on a body without any sort of atmosphere or magnetic field. The radiations will fry that usb stick in a day or less.

Yeah... because I was planning on going there and retrieve that blockchain backup when mine dies.

It's just publicity.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015
Let's build a mega laser and and fire an image of Bitcoin logo on the moon.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

Or pay to piggy back on some mission to send an USB stick with a copy of the blockchain (like letcore said, I think a copy of the blockchain is more meaningful). Much cheaper.

Yeah sure, a USB stick on a body without any sort of atmosphere or magnetic field. The radiations will fry that usb stick in a day or less.
Activity: 297
Merit: 250
With that amount of money, you can pretty much hire some famous celebrity to advertise instead... and still cheaper by 100 times...
Activity: 405

Here"s your options you may canvass. If they are going you only need to pay for a small part of the cost . Or you can ask Will Smith as Hancock whose already been there done that!  OR Men in Black, Superman etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_proposed_missions_to_the_Moon

anned missions
Country    Name    Proposed
launch date    Nature of proposed mission
(Private)    DSE-Alpha    2015    Mission to transport the first space tourists to fly around the Moon using Soyuz; proposed by Space Adventures (2005).[26][27]
 India       2020    Manned moon landing; proposed by ISRO (2009).[28]
 Japan       2020    Manned moon landing; proposed by JAXA (2006).[29]
 Europe    Aurora programme[30]    2024    Manned moon landing; proposed by ESA.[31]
 China    CLEP    2025+    Manned moon landing; proposed by CNSA.[32][33]
 Iran       2025    Manned moon landing; proposed by ISA (2010).[34]
 Russia       2025 and 2027–32    Manned moon landing; proposed by RFSA (2007).[35]
(Private)       2019    Manned moon landing and operation of lunar surface mineral extraction equipment proposed by Shackleton Energy Company (2012).[19]
(Private)       2020+    Manned moon landing proposed by Golden Spike Company (2012).[36]
(Private)    OpenLuna    2020+[citation needed]    
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Activity: 131
Merit: 100
Inspired by this guy trying to put up a bitcoin flag at the south pole (only BTC 0.46 left to donate for this, btw), I've been thinking about putting a Bitcoin Flag onto THE MOON!

How about it?

Can we put a rough number on the cost of such a challenge?

At what exchange rate would it be feasable?

How could this be organized (x-price style?)

What else could be part of the mission?

why stop on the moon?  Tongue
im thinking.. why dont we put it on mars surface  Grin
Activity: 412

That price is for sending a person. It's much cheaper if you send a robot with flag planting arm.
Pages:
Jump to: