Pages:
Author

Topic: How much to Trade? - page 2. (Read 2011 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
May 31, 2017, 08:02:38 AM
Make sure that you are putting your investment portfolio in more than one basket so as to spread the risks involved. And do not invest the money that are not intended for investment not unless you are a risk-taker already bordering on gambling...well there are people who are that way and still came out winners but this approach is not for everybody. Always know what you are into so that you are getting familiar with the thing you are investing in...knowledge is power as they say. And always pray for good luck.
yes that is too much important we do not have to invest all our assets in one place, as it is too much risky we need to distribute our assets in different places so that to reduce the risk of losing money in one place. i think the most important s that we should invest our money in such place from where there are more chances to make money, for example investment in potential alt coin is more profitable.
Activity: 972
Merit: 255
Bear season or just the beginning
May 31, 2017, 04:49:51 AM
Make sure that you are putting your investment portfolio in more than one basket so as to spread the risks involved. And do not invest the money that are not intended for investment not unless you are a risk-taker already bordering on gambling...well there are people who are that way and still came out winners but this approach is not for everybody. Always know what you are into so that you are getting familiar with the thing you are investing in...knowledge is power as they say. And always pray for good luck.

I agree, don't invest on something you are not ready to take risk of. And before investing you should do a lot of research and learn about trading and the coins you are investing on.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
May 31, 2017, 02:27:23 AM
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
May 31, 2017, 12:58:16 AM
How much in percentage of your total bitcoin do you allot or invest to trade? Is it like 50% hold and 50% invest in tradings or how do you go about it?
Is it wise to invest all your 100% bitcoin in trading if you feel it is the right opportunity?
Honestly I am currently dividing investment between real world and also bitcoin trading. I leave about 30% for bitcoin investment. 30% to open a business in the real world and the remaining 40% I use as a reserve fund when things happen. A reserve fund is also needed when we can not get profit in both the real world and the trading world. I would feel comfortable doing so.

I like your strategy and I am doing this also. I slowly also having an investment outside the crypto world but as of now, its only small percentage something like 25%. Majority of my funds are in bitcoin and altcoin because I feel btc and alts are more promising in the coming years.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
May 31, 2017, 12:08:12 AM
i'm 100% invest in altcoin, because my balance just 0.1 BTC Grin
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 30, 2017, 10:51:29 AM
Best strategy is to keep atleast 30% in bitcoin and invest remaining 70% in multiple altcoins for both long term and short term holding. Use those 30% of bitcoin to buy more alts during bloodbath on alts like we have few days ago. So I am 100% in alts right now because I have used my bitcoins to buy some cheap alts and already in some profit.   Grin
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Bitcoin unionhead who's neglecting fiat :)
May 30, 2017, 10:32:50 AM
How much in percentage of your total bitcoin do you allot or invest to trade? Is it like 50% hold and 50% invest in tradings or how do you go about it?
Is it wise to invest all your 100% bitcoin in trading if you feel it is the right opportunity?

The percentage doesn't really matter. What really matters is that you should invest a solid capital (say 200$) which amount should produce a steady profit, eventually helping you ROI above 100% and earn some green.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
May 30, 2017, 06:42:15 AM
Honestly I am currently dividing investment between real world and also bitcoin trading. I leave about 30% for bitcoin investment. 30% to open a business in the real world and the remaining 40% I use as a reserve fund when things happen. A reserve fund is also needed when we can not get profit in both the real world and the trading world. I would feel comfortable doing so.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
May 30, 2017, 05:59:49 AM
I never put my whole capital in any single investment/trading option. I used to put all the eggs in one basket when I started trading and I still remember that how I kept losing the capital instead of making the profits. Now, I usually go with maximum 15% of the whole capital if I think any option is good for the investment. I am a moderate risk taker so I prefer to end up at a break even point instead of dealing with a loss.
Activity: 2982
Merit: 790
May 30, 2017, 05:43:43 AM
Depending on people preference on how much percentage overall on his bitcoin holding would he decide to use it up on trading. We do all know we do have different amounts of bitcoin on our wallet and definitely people would tell different percentage depending on the amount on their wallets. Going 100% on trading is also good but be sure enough and do accept the risk on doing trading and as long you are profitable then i think it should be fine.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
May 30, 2017, 04:38:15 AM

Their is no exact balance where i am going to trade on since I randomly putting some money on exchanger if i see some coins who are good to trade on and staking is just unnatural for me since im quitely a short trader person and yet earning good with this matter, But this quite days are i merely holding some little amounts of BTC since im also monitoring and speculating for bitcoins good growth and i would surely sell my hodl if i see some right oppurtunities to sell it.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
May 30, 2017, 04:14:17 AM
For me not a good idea to invest them all if you really want to make both profit from trading in just saving your bitcoin you should 50% percent or i think 40% of your bitcoin is good into trading.. but if you are just newbie better to start first in small amount before you go in high invest so that you know how trading works. since many altcoin right now are increasing i think not a good idea to buy right now with altcoin but you must check the coinmarketcap and check the top 20 altcoin if what are the altcoin are already been drop so that you can buy it for low or cheap price and sell them soon after the price is increase and made you profit..
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
May 30, 2017, 04:06:13 AM
in my opinion you must put 50% from your whole btc as capital on trading, invest it on some coin then when you got some profit withdraw it as much as your first capital then you can trading with your profit. It will less your loss in trading Smiley
That's a good plan to generate an capital amount for investment I to trading. But the real risk is that if we didn't get the desired profit or our prediction went in the opposite manner what can be done. So make a trial with small amount and increase the capital to increase the profitability so to invest into other altcoins trading.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
May 30, 2017, 03:55:13 AM
What I actually did is since I wanted to invest in trading is I converted my real money in btc then I put it all in trading, after I profited from trading. I withdrew all the capital I invested and just keep it in my wallet and just let the profit do the work.
Activity: 321
Merit: 251
May 30, 2017, 02:25:19 AM
in my opinion you must put 50% from your whole btc as capital on trading, invest it on some coin then when you got some profit withdraw it as much as your first capital then you can trading with your profit. It will less your loss in trading Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1189
Need Campaign Manager?PM on telegram @sujonali1819
May 30, 2017, 12:22:44 AM
100% bitcoin investment is not a good idea.if you invest 100% of bitcoin then when price will decrease at 50% low of buying price.then there is no way against selling your coin because there is no have bitcoin in your account for recover your loss.so i think if you have huge amount of bitcoin you should invest atlest 20% or less.so that if you loss money you can recover again buying that coin.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
May 29, 2017, 11:22:05 PM
100% is not a bad idea. try to buy some top 20 coins and hold it for a long period. Maybe 1 month and if you are a patient one, hold it for 1 year

Investing 100% on trading would bad idea. You could have buy the ETH and litecoin now and put it hold for some years first. Then start your bitcoin trading with the 60% of your fund and hold the balance for your backup. Start your trade with the proper escrow to avoid scamming and initiate you trade volume as price moves in the index.
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
May 29, 2017, 10:47:55 PM
I keep it liquid investment. That is whenever I want to trade I will put into trade platform via my bank and will not exaggerate the amount Im investing. I always think of my savings, my needs first and then the rest which I can spend on shit stuff I take into trade platform and grow it into something valuable. Its not in percentage but its int he form of which I don't really need to spend on monthly basis. That is very important to calculate because there is thing called as bankrupt which I don't want in my life.
Activity: 994
Merit: 391
May 29, 2017, 12:17:15 PM
As you said it depends on the opportunity I think. For me, I always try to keep %25 of my money at bitcoin, I also daily trade and keep some money for long term investment to an altcoin. But if the investment opportunity is good and has big profit potential I can invest with all my money, even I can use my bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
May 29, 2017, 12:08:46 PM
There is no any trading opportunity that guarantees 100% winning and as such, you should protect your capital by not investing more than 10% of your risks capital on a single trade. Professional traders have this at the back of their minds and that is why they account is always in green.
Yes right, trading does not guarantee 100% profit because it has a risk of fluctuation, the price can be down and fall at any time. I agree with you to protect the capital then use only a few. If I only use around 10-20 my capital, the rest I hold for other purposes. So less wise if you invest 100% bitcoin into the trade.
Pages:
Jump to: