Pages:
Author

Topic: How much would you pay for immortality? - page 2. (Read 365 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 3
November 16, 2018, 09:31:41 AM
I think people value life and some things in general more if they don't have them for "infinity". If i knew I could live forever I could just waste a few years just to lie around. Also, I think it's exciting to create your story with the time your given and really work yourself up.
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
November 16, 2018, 09:05:11 AM
It depends on what immortality involves:
-Will I get older, or will I be forever young?
-Will I be protected only from diseases? (for example, can a bullet kill me?)
Activity: 54
November 15, 2018, 12:51:57 PM
I would pay nothing.. to see all my relatives die - no!  Shocked
Activity: 185
November 15, 2018, 11:29:08 AM
I would pay for not being immortal. Its too much and humans dont need to live forever.
Activity: 140
November 15, 2018, 08:59:25 AM
I think it should be very expensive ...
In general, I think it is not necessary. To live forever is complete nonsense.
Activity: 60
November 15, 2018, 07:42:23 AM
I'd give all the money and time
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
November 15, 2018, 07:16:38 AM
Interesting question. My soul?
Activity: 28
Merit: 2
November 15, 2018, 07:07:42 AM
Depends on the method.

Cryonics, organ regeneration etc. would undoubtedly be extremely expensive.

Virtual immortality is a different story and will likely be accessible to the masses for next to nothing. Healthcare plans would probably prefer people to go this route because it would cost less to them than keeping someone's expensive-to-fix body alive.
Activity: 18
November 15, 2018, 05:42:40 AM
Considering the value of goods right now in your respective countries, how much do you think should immortality cost? This, of course, includes the option to die whenever you wish to.
I just thought about this because of another thread that reminded me of a news predicting that there will be a technology that could provide virtual immortality say 2060 or around that time. I am not expecting them to give it for free so how much do you think should it be?

Well, if you own a game or create your own virtual space, then I wouldn't think that it could be that expensive. Probably just a hardware to upload "you" in the virtual space. And by then, I'm thinking technology is way advanced. So, maybe all you need is a laptop (or hologram, who knows)? Feel free to add thoughts to this.
Activity: 258
Merit: 10
November 15, 2018, 03:55:21 AM
Considering the value of goods right now in your respective countries, how much do you think should immortality cost? This, of course, includes the option to die whenever you wish to.
I just thought about this because of another thread that reminded me of a news predicting that there will be a technology that could provide virtual immortality say 2060 or around that time. I am not expecting them to give it for free so how much do you think should it be?

It is really a though question. I think people can offer a lot of money. Especially the rich ones.
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
November 15, 2018, 03:46:11 AM
I do not know how many, I would have liked the immortality, but most do not, they will not want to live forever and I understand them, so I think it will be cheap or free, because if you can buy it, it will cost millions of dollars and not who will not have such money, and therefore there is no point in this. Many disadvantages at a huge price.

Activity: 28
November 14, 2018, 11:00:33 PM
And how will you liveaYou won't mentally be able to handle never dying, and you'll start wishing you had. Life will become repetitive and a pain to live, not a joy. After a few hundred years, you'll have done it all.

It's also unnatural and bad for the planet - imagine a world where no one died in the past. The world would have a population of approximately 100 Billion People. This is simply unsustainable.

Not to mention, our universe will end at some stage. You can't possibly outlive the universe.

So yeah, I don't think it'll happen ever, for the reasons that it is super unethical and impossible.
Activity: 31
Merit: 4
November 14, 2018, 10:34:24 PM
That is one tough little question. What price for immortality... I guess as far as I'm concerned immortality is worthless if you can't share it with the ones you love and if you are unhealthy. Who would want to live in constant pain forever and ever, and, how emotionally burdensome would life be if you constantly outlived all the people you ever cared for? If on the other hand you had both your health and all the people you loved were also immortal then immortality would be priceless.
Activity: 3
November 14, 2018, 09:41:08 PM
A luxury car costs about $250,000 so I am putting the price of immortality at double that amount - $500,000. Even if it's a virtual immortality and most probably my body is still going to age and only my mind would be the one living, it is still considered a luxury because it is not something that could easily be had by many. If it could be made affordable then great so that not only the rich people have it because that would be unfair... but we live in an unfair world so...
Activity: 140
Merit: 5
November 14, 2018, 09:05:12 PM
Pages:
Jump to: