Pages:
Author

Topic: How regulation affects the crypto price - page 5. (Read 1233 times)

Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
January 22, 2020, 07:36:34 PM
Either we like it or not, still the government would like to impose rules and regulations that crypto/and crypto holders must abide with.
That said regulation has always and been a big factor for every market change. I know we feel bad with it as it tends to price manipulation but we have nothing to do but rather to accept that SEC has a big role in here.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 281
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
January 22, 2020, 04:30:22 PM
Based on what I have understand, it will have an effect because if the government will regulate crypto it means they had full control on the cryptos, also the demand and supply of the crypto will be effected because as what I have said they will control on it for the monetary reason. Probably it will the same price in your local currency which is very cheap. That is why it is good for crypto if it will remain anonymous.
The government is only able to regulate exchanges, and also coins that can indeed be adapted to a centralized system by the developer, they cannot control something more broadly.

The wallet blockchain system is very complex and only each user can control the asset in full, the government cannot access it. The government also realizes that crypto movements are similar to other stock entities, there will be no significant restrictions and price pressures because they will prioritize tax regulations first.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week
January 22, 2020, 02:40:26 PM
Based on what I have understand, it will have an effect because if the government will regulate crypto it means they had full control on the cryptos, also the demand and supply of the crypto will be effected because as what I have said they will control on it for the monetary reason. Probably it will the same price in your local currency which is very cheap. That is why it is good for crypto if it will remain anonymous.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 183
January 22, 2020, 02:04:29 PM
Of course, over time, states will increasingly regulate the circulation of cryptocurrencies. While they are only studying its nature and possible impact on the global financial system, they are also beginning to take the first steps in its regulation. As soon as in practice there will be issues with the circulation of cryptocurrency, which will require permission, states will respond to the situation. It is expected that the regulation of cryptocurrency will become tougher over time.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 504
January 22, 2020, 01:28:02 PM
Which regulations after you talking about..? Fatf has made a big list on how crypto transactions should be seen and how it is linked to money laundering, in fact the cases which are being fought in different country's courts are looking at that.
Local regulations are being studied and implementing in many countries but they don't affect price globally.
Activity: 952
Merit: 251
January 22, 2020, 12:36:40 PM
So far, laws have affected crypto as well. that's why capitalization is getting less and less and it is the influence of the laws in each country that it regulates on traders. But I think this makes sense, because we're trading in a decentralized market. we can do money laundering and manipulation, which is against the law so far and governments don't want their people to become such components. That is why they have very strict rules for traders.
The law greatly influences the behavior of investors, but with the regulation, I think it will increase investor confidence, so that the development of the crypto world will be faster. and the government's duty to anticipate misuse of cryptocurrency for crime
You are right it good to see the market regulating but the problem is after regulation crypto will be under control of government and we will not be able to feel that free about the use of cryptocurrencies. We will have to pay the fees then and also have to go through some legal formalities so I don’t like regulations and it’s good to see bitcoin independently growing.
Activity: 658
Merit: 268
bullsvsbears.io
January 21, 2020, 08:39:09 AM
There's always a different side when it comes to regulations of cryptocurrency. And the regulation, depends on how the government see crypto. Even if they try to regulate it, if they're positive with crypto then there's nothing to worry much. We have more freedom when there's no regulations from the government but the more we try to achieve crypto adoption, government will have to regulate it no matter what. It's like, either you won't accept the regulations or you won't achieve mass adoption.
Activity: 476
Merit: 88
Online Cryptocurrency Exchange
January 21, 2020, 08:30:09 AM

So far? Money laundering will always be against the law.

In many countries NGOs, charities or donating pieces of art is often a leglised form of money laundering.
Activity: 700
Merit: 10
January 21, 2020, 06:11:38 AM
So far, laws have affected crypto as well. that's why capitalization is getting less and less and it is the influence of the laws in each country that it regulates on traders. But I think this makes sense, because we're trading in a decentralized market. we can do money laundering and manipulation, which is against the law so far and governments don't want their people to become such components. That is why they have very strict rules for traders.
The law greatly influences the behavior of investors, but with the regulation, I think it will increase investor confidence, so that the development of the crypto world will be faster. and the government's duty to anticipate misuse of cryptocurrency for crime
Activity: 183
Merit: 2
January 21, 2020, 02:36:02 AM
Regulation is always a big issue in to increase or decrease the public sentiments about crypto. In a word, regulation is proportional to the market sentiment. I do believe, more positive regulations will help to adopt Bitcoin and altcoins more globally. Thanks for sharing this information.

But we should always keep in mind that the real traders are beyond regulations. Cheesy
Activity: 112
Merit: 72
January 21, 2020, 02:24:43 AM
we can do money laundering and manipulation, which is against the law so far

So far? Money laundering will always be against the law.

They cannot regulate the price of it since no one can control the cryptocurrency.

Your post reveals how many seconds you've spent reading the OP. I can count them. 0
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
January 21, 2020, 01:38:27 AM
Activity: 644
Merit: 127
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 20, 2020, 11:56:13 PM
They cannot regulate the price of it since no one can control the cryptocurrency. All they can do is to possibly control the market price by just hoarding it so that the volume in the current exchange will not go up. We all know that the higher the volume, the higher the possibility that the price of it will go down.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
January 20, 2020, 09:24:01 PM

Regulations will be here to stay and in 2020 there will be more that we should expect as more and more government bodies are now recognizing the potential of cryptocurrency in terms of contributing something to the global economy. As far as "not good" effects of regulations can be concerned, in my view, all of these are just short-term. With regulations, there is now that legitimacy issue being addressed and with all the scams and hacks going on with this industry getting the trust and confidence of the people may not be that easy, much more if there will be no regulations in place. Years from now, it would be the good side of regulations that can be highlighted, and that can be the time when this industry will be showing more maturity. For now, let's brace for some side-effects of the regulations imposed by governing bodies and try to adopt into it as going against them can be futile (of course, if we are living in a crypto island then that can be fine).
Activity: 2576
Merit: 666
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
January 20, 2020, 07:52:51 PM
But wouldn't local trading escape the confines of regulations made by countries? And it's not like they could label those illegal, since in the first place, Bitcoin was free for all to use. Of course, this could possibly bring it down, since a regulated coin is never a wanted one, but the regulations imposed would actually be filled with limitations since again, Bitcoin is free for all to use. They can't really grasp hold of it at any point in time, that is unless they are willing to invest big amounts of money to buy out Bitcoin (Which isn't really going to help in the long term).
Activity: 574
Merit: 108
January 20, 2020, 07:02:05 PM
it depends what regulation is it.i just think when something become valuable,goverment always take it serious,try to control all of it.And bitcoin cant be controlled like that.
"Goverment has no chance against P2P"
But, what if somehow the Government got a hold and somehow sble to regulate the entire crypto currency system? What would happen? For me, I think it would be a disaster because, somehow it would lose its main purpose; its censorship. This would cause a lot of trouble for the crypto currency users.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 518
January 20, 2020, 05:52:53 PM
No, it is not all about crypto regulation but it is all about how a certain person imposed his/her power. His governing power has taken seriously and his pronouncements simply create FOMO which triggers investors/traders/holders to dump their coins.

I understand how SEC regulations affect the market and push someone into a limit. However, if we trusted crypto since before, we are no longer been bothered even SEC will impose strict regulations towards crypto.
Activity: 1313
Merit: 278
January 20, 2020, 03:54:10 PM
it depends what regulation is it.i just think when something become valuable,goverment always take it serious,try to control all of it.And bitcoin cant be controlled like that.
"Goverment has no chance against P2P"

That's exactly what they understand. They will not be able to ban or track after the ban all transactions and moving coins.
Therefore, the state will never prohibit cryptocurrency without a backup plan, or full control. We have nothing to fear, but the state will try to tax everything.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 270
January 20, 2020, 01:14:30 PM
Most effective effect for bitcoin after regulating with some country because many people will use bitcoin as investing and trading where can make bitcoin most popularity digital currency in the world, many people know with bitcoin and they trust how bitcoin become best solution investing assets at the future by giving bigger profit every time.
Activity: 476
Merit: 88
Online Cryptocurrency Exchange
January 20, 2020, 12:27:42 PM
I think that the article ignored the concept of regulation. Will regulation be linked to a specific country or is it an agreement between all countries of the world to accept cryptocurrencies?
As for the effect, it varies according to the concept of crypto and how it will be implemented. Judging it as the issue was black or white would be a mistake because the matter may lead to a rise or fall in the price, in contrast, but legal recognition makes it difficult for the price of cryptocurrencies to collapse to zero, and thus the opportunity to increase the price is more likely.

FATF recommendations are of global application. And it can have an impact leading to the situation, where small individual traders (or people who wanted to buy crypto as a way of paying for something) will have to go for lengthy and very detailed verification procedure - and lose their interest in the crypto as such. On the same moment, institutional investors focused upon speculation will be more interested (as for them regulations means more predictability and trust in the whole environment).
As a result, the crypto price can become more stable (banks trading bots), and for individuals who do not trade with leverage, it may not be interesting that much anymore.
Pages:
Jump to: