Pages:
Author

Topic: How safe is connecting your wallet to third party portfolio apps? - page 2. (Read 263 times)

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
malware is a virus that interferes with the working system on the cellphone,to synchronize the exchange we must be more careful,, before that we first check whether the website is correct with the official address, because there are so many scamers who make the same website and can trick itus when we open and directly paste our private wallet.
Activity: 240
Merit: 54
as long as you're not giving away the permission to CREATE or UPDATE.
Could you elaborate on that? What exactly is create or update? How do I know if I'm doing that?

Blockfolio is trusted and AFAIK, they don't accept any API key with anything other than READ-ONLY permissions.
How do I know my address is read only?
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
Blockfolio is trusted and AFAIK, they don't accept any API key with anything other than READ-ONLY permissions. So you have nothing to fear and if we're speaking in general, there should be no risk as long as you're not giving away the permission to CREATE or UPDATE. You don't want for any third app to gain access to withdrawing, or trading, especially in this case, where these permissions would be of no use.
Activity: 240
Merit: 54
What's the worst that can happen when syncing your exchange wallet with apps such has Blockfolio (FTX)?

I know Blockfolio probably has good reputation but what about another less known app? What would happen if the phone is compromised or it has malware? What if the phone has malware?
Pages:
Jump to: