Pages:
Author

Topic: How safe is Tether.to/USDT? - page 12. (Read 7106 times)

legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
June 20, 2019, 09:55:14 PM
I dont think you can transfer money into tether anyway. Last time I checked it is still locked down for new users.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
June 20, 2019, 09:39:12 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering about people's opinions on how safe is Tether.to/USDT? In terms of putting largish amount of money in there ($10k+), what is the risk of the service going out of business, or not honoring withdrawals? I.e. what is the risk of another Mt Gox, Mintpal or Cryptsy incident on here?

I can see that it still says "Beta" on the main page, and that it's a Hong Kong outfit. Not sure what kind of financial regulation/overwatch they have over there when it comes to these things.

I guess other little warning bells are that they don't have an easily accessible support link on their user interface (you can however email [email protected]), or at least I couldn't easily find it.

Is there a safer way (which is still easy and cheap) to park some USD while BTC is going through it's fluctuations?

Thanks

USDT is accepted @ Mind Research & Development https://www.mindrnd.com as a stable coin and a form of payment.

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260
June 20, 2019, 09:47:30 PM
i think save, but low use tether,
only bitfinex and polo support tether, and tether not support all the world country, several country can't acces and not supported membership and use
tether
Oh yeah, it's country and not exchange site. Go to the mcap and find how many markets are still accepting tether. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tether/#markets
Not all of country can't access it because that depends on the regulation that followed by exchange site. If you are talking US and then only a little percentages
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 01, 2016, 01:39:15 PM
only bitfinex and polo support tether, and tether not support all the world country, several country can't acces and not supported membership and use
tether
Isn't tether meant to be used globally? Did they also have country restriction, i am also in quite deli-ma just like OP in holding my fiat in tether as i have heard it is also a decentralized platform with fiat backing its  value.

Beta stage sound really scary to hold, so i think its better to hold in perfect money wallet half and half in fiat form in exchanger.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
July 01, 2016, 10:01:03 AM
tether
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006
June 14, 2016, 01:30:11 PM
Hi vlom,

Isn't that risky to hold money on an exchange? I lost a couple of BTC on MintPal, and almost lost some money on Cryptsy (had to sell coin for Doge at a bad price to get out). Since then I try to never keep money on any exchange (even if it's supposedly safe, like poloniex).
It is very risky to trust any one exchanger totally, its better to hold all bitcoin in different exchanger and you can sell them whenever you like and with this you can also do arbitage trading in different platforms.
Activity: 2
June 14, 2016, 07:19:27 AM
Hi vlom,

Isn't that risky to hold money on an exchange? I lost a couple of BTC on MintPal, and almost lost some money on Cryptsy (had to sell coin for Doge at a bad price to get out). Since then I try to never keep money on any exchange (even if it's supposedly safe, like poloniex).
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113
June 13, 2016, 04:57:06 AM
sorry. but i can't answer your question. because i searched for tether to find an answer to you question...

and because i dont have any experience with Tether.to i will hold my USDT on polo.
Activity: 2
June 12, 2016, 10:49:39 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering about people's opinions on how safe is Tether.to/USDT? In terms of putting largish amount of money in there ($10k+), what is the risk of the service going out of business, or not honoring withdrawals? I.e. what is the risk of another Mt Gox, Mintpal or Cryptsy incident on here?

I can see that it still says "Beta" on the main page, and that it's a Hong Kong outfit. Not sure what kind of financial regulation/overwatch they have over there when it comes to these things.

I guess other little warning bells are that they don't have an easily accessible support link on their user interface (you can however email [email protected]), or at least I couldn't easily find it.

Is there a safer way (which is still easy and cheap) to park some USD while BTC is going through it's fluctuations?

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: