Pages:
Author

Topic: How Secure is 2-step verification - page 2. (Read 849 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
April 18, 2014, 01:16:23 AM
Check this:

https://coinreport.net/localbitcoins-report-stolen-funds/

On reddit, user don4of4 posted a warning to fellow LocalBitcoins.com users that sellers and buyers have been reporting news of stolen funds from their wallets on the website. The user said that he didn’t believe all of the commotion, but when his 5 Bitcoin were transferred from his account without his knowledge, even though he had a 30 character random password and GAuth, he realized something was really wrong.

Having a 2FA does not always guard you from robbery and hacking.
I know Its not like if i'm using 2FA than no can hack me...! but I want to know what techniques they might use..? like to get my passw they can easily get it through Phishing link or Keylogs , but how they invade 2fa..? because I'm getting OTP in my mobile .

Consider it could be a corrupt admin of the online service you use.  Can't protect against that other than keeping your coins in your own wallet.
Activity: 350
Merit: 252
REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||
April 18, 2014, 01:15:04 AM
Check this:

On reddit, user don4of4 posted a warning to fellow LocalBitcoins.com users that sellers and buyers have been reporting news of stolen funds from their wallets on the website. The user said that he didn’t believe all of the commotion, but when his 5 Bitcoin were transferred from his account without his knowledge, even though he had a 30 character random password and GAuth, he realized something was really wrong.

I know Its not like if i'm using 2FA than no can hack me...! but I want to know what techniques they might use..? like to get my passw they can easily get it through Phishing link or Keylogs , but how they invade 2fa..? because I'm getting OTP in my mobile .
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
April 18, 2014, 01:07:05 AM
Check this:

Activity: 350
Merit: 252
REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||
April 18, 2014, 12:49:26 AM
 I use 2-step Login verification in almost every online service which provides it..! I want to know is it possible for someone to invade 2-step verification while logging in..! I mean if someone uses phishing they can get my password is it possible to do any similar kind of trick to get pass 2-stop verification .? If yes how to Protect Yeah I know I have to be very conscious about  every link I click and every Page I visit but other than that.?
Pages:
Jump to: