Pages:
Author

Topic: How secure is your password? - page 2. (Read 1360 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
June 06, 2016, 06:20:58 AM
I kind of want to know what kind of method they are using to calculate how long it takes for a password to be cracked because obviously, there are multiple methods and with a common method of advanced bruteforce, it wouldn't take that much time to crack a password unless the pc used is crap.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
June 06, 2016, 12:15:51 AM
Mine is very secure. so secure that it can never be cracked. gleb, what are your passwords, why dont you share them with us.  Wink

Passw0rdS - It'll take 4 DAYS to crack. Good luck, bud! Oh, wait!

Passw0rd1ngS - 3 THOUSAND YEARS.
legendary
Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001
Thank God I'm an atheist
June 05, 2016, 10:23:12 PM
mine is simply password so I can easily remember it Cheesy
Activity: 154
June 05, 2016, 09:53:14 PM
Mine is very secure. so secure that it can never be cracked. gleb, what are your passwords, why dont you share them with us.  Wink
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 05, 2016, 09:47:09 PM
me i have my password secured enough to hide and to prevent any possible of attacks, making complicated password will end you up to forget it so for me password that I created have same combination just needed to change some characters and it's done.
Activity: 347
June 05, 2016, 09:30:17 PM
Well I ain't entering any of my passwords into that thing, but I guess mine are all fairly easy. (if you know me that is) I ain't got time for long complicated passwords, and I use the same or slight variations for almost everything so if someone guessed it I'm kinda screwed.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
June 05, 2016, 07:07:09 PM
Please read the content that follows the image.

https://howsecureismypassword.net/

The password checked above was 1Nthebeg1n1nG.

See what I did there? Now, take some book off your bookshelf and open it to the [main] first page, i.e., first chapter et al. Glean the first three words, albeit the first two or four may suffice. Convert all the i's to a 1 and/or all the o's to 0 (both if both are present), and capitalize only the first AND last letters. That's it! Now, all you have to remember is what book you gleaned your pre-converted password from even if by happenstance the book was lost, whereupon simply procure another copy if need to recall your password.

Another example using a book from my library (okay, it's a book collection, but I digress): http://www.amazon.com/WOVEN-SCREENS-Their-Selection-Application/dp/B000IUWW12

Ironically, T0ass1stuserS produced the exact same number of years to crack - 158 THOUSAND YEARS.

One more example - Thera1ncamed0wN - from a more obscure book using the first four words (backwarding the first three words - Emacn1arehT - would take 41 years to crack), the results as follows sourced from Elena Dandini De Sylva's Leaves of Memory:

Famous quotes work just as well: F0ursc0reanD - 3 THOUSAND YEARS.

Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.

~Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Every0ne1sA - 41 YEARS.
Pages:
Jump to: