Pages:
Author

Topic: How soon will schoolbooks include Bitcoin :)? - page 2. (Read 2223 times)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Some university has opened course about BTC.
Activity: 79
Best deposit/withdrawal fees on the market
My sister is 13 years old, just entered to the junior middle school. She told me her teacher gave a lesson about bitcoin. I was really surprised at the news. She learnt what is bitcoin and how to mine it.

What subject was it? Can't even imagine the context of starting such a lesson now.. Maybe the teacher launched his own mining project and is involving his students)

I think it'd be good to have a course at some IT related university about Bitcoin ecosystem and cryptocurrency in general.
Activity: 840
Merit: 509
high-school.... never.

Yeah, in my country at least they wouldnt teach you anything like this in high school unless maybe if you had a great renegade teacher. Maybe if you study economics at college they're might be a module on it eventually. Would be pretty cool.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1003
--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77
They may have a project on different kinds of money and students may include bitcoin. Bitcoin may be brought up in economics lessons, but I do not think bitcoin will ever be taught in schools.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
They don't want children to know how much they've been screwed over until they're old enough not to care.
Activity: 97
schools currently dont teach kids how to fill in taxes or teach kids much about true value of money as it is.

Very much false, it isn't required but a lot of schools do teach it. I took classes in high school that taught us how the fed works, and how banking worked. Of course it was very layman's terms and didn't take any political spin on it.

I also learned about filing taxes and different forums, as well as balancing a checkbook, and how the stock market works. Granted I was in 9th,10th and 11th grades so it was again very high overview.

You went to a decent high school then. Almost all high schools at least in my country don't teach you any life skills at all. You're pretty much left on your own for that part until university.
legendary
Activity: 1115
Merit: 1016
ASMR El Salvador
I think fractional reserve banking should definitely be taught.
A bit of money history and concepts like gold standard, quantitative easing, etc., never hurts.
If we enter an era of full-reserve banking or worldwide banking collapse that will probably enter curricular teaching.
So I would say in 10-15 years time, we should start seeing bitcoin being taught and figuring in schoolbooks. 
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
Never, unless we are victorious  Wink

Yes, I can agree with this statement.
There are so many things in the world and schools really can't teach kids about everything.
So, they will choose the ''most important'' things in the world and bitcoin is still not in this category.
Activity: 167
Merit: 101
My sister is 13 years old, just entered to the junior middle school. She told me her teacher gave a lesson about bitcoin. I was really surprised at the news. She learnt what is bitcoin and how to mine it.

What country is this Smiley ??
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
Inclusion of bitcoin in schoolbooks will take a very long time but I am sure teachers will be teaching them some lessons about it whenever they get a chance.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
schools currently dont teach kids how to fill in taxes or teach kids much about true value of money as it is.

Very much false, it isn't required but a lot of schools do teach it. I took classes in high school that taught us how the fed works, and how banking worked. Of course it was very layman's terms and didn't take any political spin on it.

I also learned about filing taxes and different forums, as well as balancing a checkbook, and how the stock market works. Granted I was in 9th,10th and 11th grades so it was again very high overview.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
Never, unless we are victorious  Wink
Q7
Activity: 448
Just to keep things realistic at least we should aim for at least 70pct market adoption before moving towards another level.
Activity: 95
high-school.... never.

schools currently dont teach kids how to fill in taxes or teach kids much about true value of money as it is. as if governments would allow bitcoin to become part of curriculum for high schoolers.

although for colleges and universities, bitcoin is already part of some curriculum
I agree, this is really not something that most high schoolers would be able to grasp. The concept of money creation is really a college level concept and only one that is generally taught to people getting a degree somewhat related to business, economics or finance
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
high-school.... never.

schools currently dont teach kids how to fill in taxes or teach kids much about true value of money as it is. as if governments would allow bitcoin to become part of curriculum for high schoolers.

although for colleges and universities, bitcoin is already part of some curriculum
This is quite true. When I graduated high school, nobody told me how to those things, how to get a passport, nothing. You had to figure it all out on yourself.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
schools currently dont teach kids how to fill in taxes

That may be a feature, not a bug. Unless teaching them would trigger an even greater tax revolt.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
high-school.... never.

Activity: 369
I have no idea but that would be amazing!   Someday...Someday...
Activity: 167
Merit: 101
How soon will schoolbooks include Bitcoin Smiley?

and explain our kids about traditional 'money creation' (out of thin air) by the FED, etc ...
Pages:
Jump to: