Pages:
Author

Topic: How strong is your hand? - page 3. (Read 6320 times)

legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
May 14, 2013, 02:36:04 PM
I sold every Bitcoin I owned for considerably more than they're selling for right now.

I guess that makes me really 'weak' right ?
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
May 14, 2013, 02:26:49 PM
You don't get married to an asset,
Getting married to an asset is like putting all your eggs into one basket, true if that if something goes wrong they will all break.

But right now there aren't any good assets out there for most people to hold. However, Bitcoin shows great promise.

In my mind holding fiat is high risk - you never know when it is going to collapse.

You could get some cheap land that you can live off if it all goes to shits, that way you have one egg out of the basket.

But holding fiat? Why would you want to hold an asset that soon will be pretty much worthless?
Activity: 434
May 14, 2013, 02:08:56 PM
Strong hands (going all in forever) = shit risk management. You don't get married to an asset, that's how you become a bagholder in case of failure.

In a bear market, the strong hands are those who hold the Bernanke Bux.

Goddammit, where were you in 2011 when I was being dumb?
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
May 14, 2013, 02:06:10 PM
Strong hands (going all in forever) = shit risk management. You don't get married to an asset, that's how you become a bagholder in case of failure.

In a bear market, the strong hands are those who hold the Bernanke Bux.
Activity: 520
Merit: 500
May 14, 2013, 01:35:54 PM
I have a strong pimp hand.
May 14, 2013, 12:59:07 PM
Somewhere in the $800 range I can sell all my BTC to wipe out my fiat debt... Cheesy
When the USD inflation starts going into double digits you will kick yourself for getting rid of your loan.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
May 14, 2013, 12:55:54 PM
I don't care.  I've been a slave to fiat debt my entire 20's, and I would like to be out of it before I turn 30 in a few months.

+1 I can tell you being debt free is an awesome feeling!

Yes sometimes it is better technically to take out loans (cheap money)... but not having payments or debt is great too.

People don't realize that if you have debt/payments can be better on paper but sucks donkey balls if you get laid off and have to continue to pay with even more restricted income.

We bought a car a few years back and the dealer couldn't understand why we put 30% down on a 1% interest loan.  I had to practically bitch slap the finance ho when she kept pushing her advice, finally had to tell her, we didn't need her advice and to STFU...

She just couldn't understand we had a payment level we wanted to reach, so if either one of us looses our jobs, we can still live on the others income.  Not only that but we like to have spending money and not worry if we can "pay" our bills each month... we just pay them AND can go do pretty much anything we want within reason of course.

It amazes me how little common sense people have these days... thus the property market bubble...  "omg I lost my job and 90% of my income goes to monthly payment debt what am I going to do?"  Answer... default on some bills and have shitty credit for 7 years and hopefully learn a lesson dipshit.

Not worrying about money each month is completely worth it.  Anyone can do it, you just have to be realistic and figure out what is really important to you.  Me I don't give a shit about clothes so my budget each year is about $600.  I shop at JCPennies, marchalls, tjmax... make fun all you want bout my style but I don't ever have to say... money is really tight can't go out for drinks and have fun with you sorry.
Activity: 630
May 14, 2013, 12:37:03 PM
I don't care.  I've been a slave to fiat debt my entire 20's, and I would like to be out of it before I turn 30 in a few months.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
May 14, 2013, 12:32:46 PM
Somewhere in the $800 range I can sell all my BTC to wipe out my fiat debt... Cheesy

And you will be debt free - but you will have missed the opportunity of your life.
Activity: 630
May 14, 2013, 12:24:52 PM
Activity: 841
Merit: 1000
May 14, 2013, 12:24:05 PM
If i can buy stuff(houses, food, gas, etc etc) with Bitcoin i will never sell, i will even buy more Bitcoins then.
May 14, 2013, 12:21:56 PM
My hand is weak but my profits are strong.

Well we'll see who trumps who in the end. The weak-handed short term profit seekers, or the strong-handed long term holders who can see beyond their own petty self-interest. I won't act like a hypocrit and admit I'm a little bit of both myself, I do envy those who are able to extract good profits from the ups and downs. But I'm also an idealist and a dreamer at heart, who wants bitcoin to succeed and see a better world come from it. Smiley

Sorry, but we have already seen who is winning big time: the long term holders.

All the ones that cashed out for good (a couple early adopters that cashed +BTC100,000 in 2011, etc.) have made a big mistake in terms of "fiat profits". And this is not an opinion, this is a fact.

This. I'm sure some traders might be able to make a profit for some time, but they won't be able to keep doing it forever. The smart thing for the lucky few traders to do would be cash-out of fiat and hold Bitcoin forever.
legendary
May 14, 2013, 12:14:04 PM

Well we'll see who trumps who in the end. The weak-handed short term profit seekers, or the strong-handed long term holders who can see beyond their own petty self-interest. I won't act like a hypocrit and admit I'm a little bit of both myself, I do envy those who are able to extract good profits from the ups and downs. But I'm also an idealist and a dreamer at heart, who wants bitcoin to succeed and see a better world come from it. Smiley

Sorry, but we have already seen who is winning big time: the long term holders.

All the ones that cashed out for good (a couple early adopters that cashed +BTC100,000 in 2011, etc.) have made a big mistake in terms of "fiat profits". And this is not an opinion, this is a fact.
legendary
May 14, 2013, 12:12:16 PM

How strong? I tell you what are strong profits: holding dozens of thousands of Bitcoins bought under $0.1

I'm sure if you had coins bought at $0.1 at the end of 2010 you would have sold during the 2011 bubble, at $20ish, to secure your "strong profits".

The ones who voted "i will sell my bitcoins at $200-$499" are just short sighted pussies.

The ones who voted >$1,000 will be big time loosers. They will be in a world of pain when we will hit 5 digits.
Activity: 561
May 14, 2013, 11:53:03 AM
I look at bitcoin as an appreciating asset to be used as collateral for loans in USD. There's no need to ever sell it.
May 14, 2013, 11:49:55 AM

I'm an idealist. But I'm smart enough to understand that my own impact on Bitcoin by holding it is miniscule (though I know that by convincing other people I can make a bit of a difference). Thus the reason I'm holding no matter what is because of my own petty self-interest. I don't want to run the risk of day(and night)-trading, also I have no clue how to do it successfully anyhow. I know that $50k will just be the beginning, so why would I ever sell?
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
May 14, 2013, 11:33:07 AM
Well... I'm looking for $135-140, so....
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024
May 14, 2013, 11:30:50 AM
Well, I'm swing trading, so this disqualifies me, I think. To be honst, I have absolutly no idea how I'd trade new levels or another crazy bubble like rally. Problem is: going down seems always to be faster than going up. Interessting thread, though.

Still I don't understand one thing: let's say you sell at 1000 $, I doubt that's the point where you say your final goodbye to Bitcoin, correct? So your real question is: where do long term holder take profit?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
May 14, 2013, 11:12:46 AM

staff
Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111
May 14, 2013, 10:59:05 AM
That's true, I know that many people are just in this to earn quick money and leave Bitcoin in it's tracks.
I for one will be sticking with Bitcoin, hoping to potentially buy a house, land, and women (Jokes okay).
I would really like to pay for general items such as rent, food and delivery services within the near future.

As of yet, there are not a lot of properties selling for BTC and I hope in the near future people will be selling more properties, I think it's a go way of making BTC, couldn't get scammed because it would require a lawyer which would need to sign some papers with you and the buyer, and the payment would be sent at the time of the dealing.

Like someone said, "too few options" and yes I think there is not a lot of companies which are willing to sell for Bitcoin, I think that is partly because of the risk, but if you go by it the right way, there is little to no risk.
Pages:
Jump to: