Pages:
Author

Topic: How to avoid BTC booming too fast? (like the housing bubble?) - page 3. (Read 6341 times)

Activity: 200
Merit: 100
at this point i would rather it boom really fast rather than steady, not just for the sake of $ gains.. but once it gets so big, it gets more difficult for government to regulate and stop.

indeed, bitcoins market cap is only 40% of Inktomi's during the .com-bubble, it will sure be interesting to see once/if it's market cap will be equal to that of Apple/Exxon/Berkshire
Activity: 332
Merit: 253
The housing bubble and subsequent crash was caused by government interference in the economy (Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae). It's not clear that the speed of the rise was the primary cause of the problem.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Boobs are good. It's the crashes that follow that are bad. Or not depending on how you take advantage of the situations.

FTFY.

LMAO. But what's a "boob crash"? Wink
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I sold LTC that I mined for nothing when it first came out, this has nothing to do with my feelings.

Then what exactly did you mean when you said 'I had 3000 LTC, believe me'? What am I supposed to believe? You're a miner, maybe a good one, I don't know. But miners are usually not good at trading or foreseeing future economic and currency trends, otherwise they'd be better off trading, coz it's more profitable, compared to mining operations where profits are marginal.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Coolness: ∞
Any other Alt coin besides Bitcoin is just echoing and playing catch up that is doomed to crash once and for all.

Litecoin will never serve a good purpose and can only collapse within itself along with the Alt coins after that.

People do enjoy Ponzi schemes though, and the Ponzi market is being taken over by "Alt coins".

The more I read these ungrounded statements the more I'm convinced it's just remorse on your part for selling LTC too soon.

I sold LTC that I mined for nothing when it first came out, this has nothing to do with my feelings.

Any other Alt coin besides Bitcoin is just echoing and playing catch up that is doomed to crash once and for all.

Litecoin will never serve a good purpose and can only collapse within itself along with the Alt coins after that.

People do enjoy Ponzi schemes though, and the Ponzi market is being taken over by "Alt coins".

The more I read these ungrounded statements the more I'm convinced it's just remorse on your part for selling LTC too soon.

Litecoin is just like PayPal and Visa.

One is more powerful than the other, the first, original etc.

So, by this statement you confirm my position that some alt-coins will survive and even prosper.
Visa and Paypal survive and prosper along side with other digital fiat systems, people use different systems, because some of them offer more convenience than others, different features, better customer support than others.

Why would it be different with cryptos?

Even when people move from fiat into cryptos, why would they move to Bitcoin only and ignore others? Others are technically the same or about the same with minor not relevant differences. And like I said before, infrastructure is a matter of time, and Bitcoin can't boast of a large infrastructure yet, very few merchants use it, very few customers buy with it. 1 transaction per second for the whole world in bitcoin network is proof of that.

People like simple systems when it comes to dealing with technology.

The masses will never adopt away from a currency that is already adaptable within one system. They want the best and involving as little people/time as possible.

In other words, yes computers are taking your jobs.

So, by this statement you confirm my position that some alt-coins will survive and even prosper.
Visa and Paypal survive and prosper along side with other digital fiat systems, people use different systems, because some of them offer more convenience than others, different features, better customer support than others.

Why would it be different with cryptos?

Even when people move from fiat into cryptos, why would they move to Bitcoin only and ignore others? Others are technically the same or about the same with minor not relevant differences. And like I said before, infrastructure is a matter of time, and Bitcoin can't boast of a large infrastructure yet, very few merchants use it, very few customers buy with it. 1 transaction per second for the whole world in bitcoin network is proof of that.
You for some reason believe people aren't transacting by Bitcoins.

Yes, they do, 0.00001% people of the world transact in bitcoins, that is so mainstream.
And even that 1 measly transaction per second for the entire planet is mostly for speculation, not for purchasing goods and services.

You entirely miss the point of me showing you that chart.

All those currency systems are linked with each other, giving them the appearance that they are so much more greater.

You greatly over value certain medians for exchange.

Just like people did in the housing bubble.

The global currency systems are about to all suffer very hard and a time will come for action.

People/countries invested heavy in traditional currency systems that were backed by government/banker/business control instead of something like gold.

Bitcoin has already created a system that self adopts to the peoples needs.

Everyone is dumping traditional currency into assets. In other words, people aren't trusting government (other people) but rather forces that aren't controlled by humans, such as gold or Bitcoin (governed by computing power etc).

We are entering dog-eat dog systems where only one will survive.

Why use Alt coins when Bitcoin is at the same time the first decentralized currency and a Alt coin (since it adapts to global community needs).

We don't need a "Alt" coin to Bitcoin it in itself is a Alt coin.

Yes, they do, 0.00001% people of the world transact in bitcoins, that is so mainstream.
And even that 1 measly transaction per second for the entire planet is mostly for speculation, not for purchasing goods and services.

LTC is exactly the same, I don't see how it's different from Bitcoin and have yet to hear any arguments from you.
Refer to the chart and response I already had to this.

There is nothing to refer to, your chart is irrelevant to my arguments.

What? They are direct responses to said arguments.

Refer to the chart and response I already had to this.

There is nothing to refer to, your chart is irrelevant to my arguments.

You believing people aren't using BTC for transactions is just crazy wrong and it appears you have been away for a few years.

I am not believing anything, I see numbers and compare them.
Can you compare 1 with 1000s, which one is bigger?
Explain how people aren't transacting in it "yet".

I did above.

People do 1 transaction per second in bitcoin network, whereas people do thousands transactions per second in visa/mastercard networks.

Meaning that bitcoin is carrying out just a store of value money function right now, not an exchange or trade goods and service for it functions.

Same goes for Litecoin, it's a store of value as of this time.

So how is BTC different from LTC?

Refer to the chart and response I already had to this. You believing people aren't using BTC for transactions is just crazy wrong and it appears you have been away for a few years.

Plenty of charts online for you to look at besides the one I linked you to.

I did above.

People do 1 transaction per second in bitcoin network, whereas people do thousands transactions per second in visa/mastercard networks.

Meaning that bitcoin is carrying out just a store of value money function right now, not an exchange or trade goods and service for it functions.

Same goes for Litecoin, it's a store of value as of this time.

So how is BTC different from LTC?

Again, the Alt coins are acting as a Ponzi for dumb (or play?) money.

Nothing but a game with no real value behind the system but wasted computing resources.

Again, how is Bitcoin different if nobody is transacting in it yet (I repeat - 1 transaction per second for the entire planet in bitcoin network)?

What real value does it have?

Please, define 'real' and 'fictional' value, otherwise, we're just beating around the bush here.

Nothing but a game with no real value behind the system but wasted computing resources.

Again, how is Bitcoin different if nobody is transacting in it yet (I repeat - only 1 measly transaction per second for the entire planet in bitcoin network)?

What real value does it have?

Please, define 'real' and 'fictional' value, otherwise, we're just beating around the bush here.

Take a look at this chart here:

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/11/bitcoin-tops-paypal-for-first-time-in.html

Every other "system" beside Bitcoin is just echoing across all "systems" they all effect and link to each other giving them a better appearance to the public eye.

Whenever someone suggests to invest or use a Alt currency, Bitcoin is always mentioned as the first, original inspirational solid argument to back another system up.

Bitcoin is here to destroy the fantasy that we can exist in a world with multiple value systems.

So what, that Bitcoin is always mentioned as the first? It's just a matter of time that people who seriously want to invest into Bitcoin do their research and realize there are others, technically equal to Bitcoin. Do you think smart money are stupid and will be buying into overvalued assets, whereas they could invest in undervalued and get much more ROI? Even if they invest 90% into bitcoin and 10% into 2-3 alt-coins (which they will do because diversifying risk is Investing 101 lesson #1), those alt-coins will still appreciate faster than bitcoin because they are so much undervalued.

Only one final currency system will exist in the future.

It's never been like that in the history of mankind and it will never will be, because humans never change.

Every other "system" beside Bitcoin is just echoing across all "systems" they all effect and link to each other giving them a better appearance to the public eye.

Whenever someone suggests to invest or use a Alt currency, Bitcoin is always mentioned as the first, original inspirational solid argument to back another system up.

Bitcoin is here to destroy the fantasy that we can exist in a world with multiple value systems.

So what, that Bitcoin is always mentioned as the first? It's just a matter of time that people who seriously want to invest into Bitcoin do their research and realize there are others, technically equal to Bitcoin. Do you think smart money are stupid and will be buying into overvalued assets, whereas they could invest in undervalued and get much more ROI? Even if they invest 90% into bitcoin and 10% into 2-3 alt-coins (which they will do because diversifying risk is Investing 101 lesson #1), those alt-coins will still appreciate faster than bitcoin because they are so much undervalued.

It's never been like that in the history of mankind and it will never be, because humans never change.
Litecoin has no other purpose but to store fictional value

How is bitcoin different? 1 transaction per second in bitcoin network for the whole world - it's nothing, it's zero, nada, can safely say nobody is transacting in bitcoin yet. compare it with thousands of transactions per second for visa/mastercard.

And can you define fictional and non-fictional value please, that'd help a lot in the discussion.

Litecoin has no other purpose but to store fictional value

How is bitcoin different? 1 transaction per second in bitcoin network for the whole world - it's nothing, it's zero, nada, can safely say nobody is transacting in bitcoin yet. compare it with thousands of transactions per second for visa/mastercard.

And can you define fictional and non-fictional value please, that'd help a lot in the discussion.

Multiple currencies cannot continue to exist, or stability issues will continue to arise within all value systems.

Why? They always did through history of mankind, they will always do. Just on another, digital crypto level this time.
Pages:
Jump to: