Pages:
Author

Topic: How to avoid high bitcoin transaction fees? - page 3. (Read 555 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
December 24, 2017, 07:45:23 PM
hey guys
i need a clear & technical answer:

How to avoid high bitcoin transaction fees?
i receive 10-20 payment per week , so how to avoid increase of transaction size?

How "transaction size"  & Transaction Fees in blockchain work?

In case of you receiving that number of transactions per week, and especially if they are low value transactions, you're better off using an online wallet service as temporary hot spot. All your payments will then be sent to the online wallet that you use, from where you can let them pile up and eventually send them to your own wallet by paying just one fee, which in most cases is just the network fee. If you let them pile up in a normal wallet client, and you try to send all these funds at once, you'll need to pay a fee according to the total byte size, which in most cases is 226 bytes per transaction. So 20 transactions x 226 bytes = 4.5KB, which means that your recommended fee will be at least 0.03 BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
December 24, 2017, 03:39:29 PM
hey guys

i receive 10-20 payment per week , so how to avoid increase of transaction size?

How "transaction size"  & Transaction Fees in blockchain work?

Who sends you the payment? it would be best if both party(receiver and sender) used segwit address(fees are cheaper) and decrease the number of inputs(especially this)/outputs. to calculate, how much effect inputs/outputs have on the fees, use this tool(estimatefee.com).
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
December 24, 2017, 02:33:07 PM
So many aspects that can affect bitcoin transaction fees;

First is the numbers of inputs/and or outputs of your transaction, so
Avoid having too many dust/microtransactions   
And even wallet you used might be one of the reasons for having huge fees without your notice when you make a transaction, so avoid this kind of wallets sometimes blockchain.info wallet users experienced since this
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
December 20, 2017, 10:17:54 PM
hey guys

How "transaction size"  & Transaction Fees in blockchain work?

Pages:
Jump to: