Pages:
Author

Topic: How to begin with becoming an escrow agent? - page 2. (Read 2115 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
Op, I have pretty interesting method for you. I thought about it and here it goes: If you want to offer escrow services and you are 'newbie' escrow probably the best way for you to do it is to use another escrow.
In short: you deposit sum of money (say 1 BTC) with help of another very trusted escrow, and offer people your escrow services with the limit of 1 BTC. That is how you build up your trust and eventually you will be independent escrow.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
Trust is the most important for escrow. Is really nice to be agent, but they are already a lot of people that they can trust to be a escrow. I think it will be difficult to go in.

It takes years to build up trust and you have to start somewhere. Starting small and doing small escrows (~$20) is a good place to begin. I am curious why you wish to become an escrow? When I started it was due to so many people asking me to escrow...not from the desire to do extra work.

Another tool of the trade would have to be having a set of PGP keys.

The BCT PGP/GPG Public Key Database: Stake Your PGP Key Here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-bct-pgpgpg-public-key-database-stake-your-pgp-key-here-1159946

But Blazed is right, I'm wondering why you'd want the grief right now?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Trust is the most important for escrow. Is really nice to be agent, but they are already a lot of people that they can trust to be a escrow. I think it will be difficult to go in.

It takes years to build up trust and you have to start somewhere. Starting small and doing small escrows (~$20) is a good place to begin. I am curious why you wish to become an escrow? When I started it was due to so many people asking me to escrow...not from the desire to do extra work.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Found it -

Thanks for the heads up - will add to the list on the forum site (kind of quiet just now - we need more stimulation!!!)
Awesome thank you
also as a headsup, the links in the OP of this thread still point to sexcoinforum.ORG instead of .com Smiley

Yeh, we're trying to tell as many people as possable that the forum is now sexcoinforum.com - Will add you to the list later today.

I like the idea of the self Dox-ing.  The more transparent you are the more quickly we can hunt you down if / when you cock up the better...
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
becoming an escrow agent is somehow not an easy route this time especially because of what recently happen with masterp, i believe you already know that. it made a buzz here in the forum and somehow people thinks it is unsafe this time. its been resolved as far as i know but sure its not going to be the same anymore.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Let me see if I can help at all. I recently retired from the "Big 5" because frankly it sucks being an escrow here. The best way to start I suppose is by offering to handle small escrows. Do not try to go for big stuff until you have proved yourself trustworthy. I think a good idea moving forward after the Master-P thing might be to get vetted by someone trusted (basically hand over your dox). Probably a good idea to start one of those threads where your friends post about you (never made one, but there is a section here for it). A good starting point that is needed is account escrows. There is a lack of escrows for them and most are low in value (good starting area and potential niche market for you). Expect to not get tipped much or even thanked often for your hard work though. Definitely charge a decent fee because it is a lot of work once you get known!

Activity: 714
Merit: 528
Why do you want to be an escrow anyway?
We already have so much escrow currently that i don't think we need another one Wink
But the mandatory requirements to be an escrow is a trust Wink
Good luck getting trusts Wink
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
What exchanges have you been on?

I've seen the name l8nit3 but can't recall where or under what circumstances.
craptsy, bittrex, poloniex, yobit, c-cex, and many more. However I was also quite active for a bit on HT during the XPY days. Im also occasionally on xda-dev for android..... usually asking for assistance in whatever project ive decided to attempt lol

Oh ok, I can't recall, no matter, I can only suggest you do trades here in the currency exchange section, but having said that, you could likely get tagged for attempting building trust.
legendary
Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

craptsy, bittrex, poloniex, yobit, c-cex, and many more. However I was also quite active for a bit on HT during the XPY days. Im also occasionally on xda-dev for android..... usually asking for assistance in whatever project ive decided to attempt lol
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
To be a successful escrow i would suggest you as a new escrow to deposit some money to administrator,

And escrow the deals up to this amount that you sent to administrator.

By this even if you try to scam the users the funds are covered and can be payed from administrator.
Sounds like fair advice. However, that will take me some time to build my personal BTC stash to have 'collateral' so to speak. Come on solo.ckpool!!! lol

This is the fairest way to be a trusted escrow and have more deals.

You can start offering your escrow service with a small amount.

And then increasing it time by time
, i wish you best of luck in escrowing Wink
that would be the classic pattern of a scammer, slowly building up the amount theyre trusted with. fact is, people wont look to random people to escrow their trades, assuming they understand the concept of escrow and the purpose an escrow service serves. for example. some time ago someone suggested using the user gkv9 (the horse / cricket thread spammer guy) as escrow, just a random user that happened to post in the thread and had zero trade history or known reputation, in the form of trust by other users or feedback left from trades.
the bad thing is, people take this to to their head and think that the solution is to 'build reputation' (farm trust) and gain fake reputation that is essentially bought. if people trust you enough to ask you to escrow their trades, itll happen at some point (example: i remember diamondcardz mentioned somewhere people came to him for escrow, despite not offering the service publicly). you might get a few deals here and there by inserting yourself into the equation (forcibly), but as a random 3rd party youd defeat the purpose of an escrow service, which is to serve as a mutually trusted third party to mediate and secure the trade. my advice, just forget about it.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
To be a successful escrow i would suggest you as a new escrow to deposit some money to administrator,

By this even if you try to scam the users the funds are covered and can be payed from administrator.
Sounds like fair advice. However, that will take me some time to build my personal BTC stash to have 'collateral' so to speak. Come on solo.ckpool!!! lol

This is the fairest way to be a trusted escrow and have more deals.

You can start offering your escrow service with a small amount.

And then increasing it time by time, i wish you best of luck in escrowing Wink
legendary

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1312
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Ive seen this term DT many times here, what exactly does it stand for?? this means Dark Trust, this applies to those member with heavy green trust, they give valid trust whether negative or positive trust.

As I know,it is not Dark Trust but DT stands for Default Trust.

@OP : just an advice, better to trade wisely. Dont do many trades just to get positive feedback, but do it when you need it only. And never ask for positive feedback after successful trade/deal.
legendary
Ive seen this term DT many times here, what exactly does it stand for?? this means Dark Trust, this applies to those member with heavy green trust, they give valid trust whether negative or positive trust.
Wow thats intense! I guess I need to start making some deals here on BCT lol. I understand trust here works with 'risked BTC', so basically I need to make purchases from a few members here and have them supply a trust rating based on our transaction... correct?

I apologize for sounding so noobish on this matter, I simply would like to be sure I go about this in the right way and not shoot myself in the foot before I even start lol.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
legendary
Thank you all for your advice! I also followed the masterP situation here, and definitely understand the current stigma attached to escrow agents here a BCT.
I am quite surprised how many senior and hero members took the time to advise Cheesy

With all the current BS surrounding every escrow agent, including the most respected here, It seems I will have to 'tread softly' in my goal. As for sold accounts, the L8NIT3 / L8NIT3TR0UBL3 username will never be sold Smiley It is the same name I use everywhere and I refuse to have another person tarnish the very small reputation I have so far lol.

As for the DOX, is this something commonly done by the escrow agents here?? By the comments here, it would seem that a ~1% fee is a bit small for purposely handing out my full DOX.... goes against everything Ive learned about safety online lol. However, if thats whats required for gaining trust, and so long as its only given to an already reputable user.... I suppose it may be 'safe-ish'.

Can't expect others to trust me with their BTC, if I can't trust the forum owners with my DOX I suppose.

Also positive feedback from DT should be earned

Ive seen this term DT many times here, what exactly does it stand for??
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Since master-p incident, it's will be more difficult to be a good escrow agent since we can't predict even they have many green trust doesn't mean they can be scamming.
But if you're trying to be a good & honest escrow, maybe you can ask experience trustable escrow for more information ( like Ognasty )
Pages:
Jump to: