Pages:
Author

Topic: How to create trading bot? - page 2. (Read 2001 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
August 12, 2017, 12:03:19 AM
since you said you are new to programming in node.js and new to bots and API and related stuff then it is best to start from an existing code. it can be a full bot like what the other user suggested or it can be usage of API wrappers for different exchanges to see how they do it and make the API calls.

you can always use GitHub to find them. I am not familiar with difference between Java, JavaScript and Node.js so here is two links:
JavaScript codes: https://github.com/search?l=JavaScript&q=bitcoin+trading+bot&type=Repositories&utf8=%E2%9C%93
Java codes: https://github.com/search?l=Java&q=bitcoin+trading+bot&type=Repositories&utf8=%E2%9C%93
Activity: 1330
Merit: 258
August 11, 2017, 03:35:16 PM
Set up a node server on your machine or a host run on google compute or AWS.

Next code up a bot in node.js.

There are some already around that you can use as a basis...  I can't vouch for the quality or security of them but they may be enough for what you're after or at least start you in the right direction.

https://github.com/askmike/gekko

Typically they'll ask for API access token to the exchange you're interested in supporting (like Bitstamp/Kraken/etc...).

From there you can now write/modify a buy/sell strategy script.

Please share your results though, I've yet to see a script actually make money reliably Wink

Thanks for answer, but I need learn node.js now..
I'm beginner node.js coder.
Do you expert of node.js?
If i will be have questions and ask you about node.js.
Thanks
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
August 11, 2017, 07:31:57 AM
Both Poloniex and Bittrex have examples of simple apps using their API - you should start with that.
s2
Activity: 198
Merit: 123
August 11, 2017, 07:27:55 AM
Set up a node server on your machine or a host run on google compute or AWS.

Next code up a bot in node.js.

There are some already around that you can use as a basis...  I can't vouch for the quality or security of them but they may be enough for what you're after or at least start you in the right direction.

https://github.com/askmike/gekko

Typically they'll ask for API access token to the exchange you're interested in supporting (like Bitstamp/Kraken/etc...).

From there you can now write/modify a buy/sell strategy script.

Please share your results though, I've yet to see a script actually make money reliably Wink
August 11, 2017, 03:02:09 AM
first thing you need to know is programming!
have you ever done any coding? what language do you use?
based on that you can start from some API wrappers or open source bots to get started.

the second thing is to know trading itself.
have you ever done trading? are you familiar with the analysis and have a plan?
based on that you will know what to code. because a programmer is practically a translator who is translating what you want to do into "computer language"

Yes, I have experience coding JavaScript, PHP, JSON.
Also I trading on bittrex and poloniex and have own strategy.
But I do not know how to start
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
August 11, 2017, 12:22:58 AM
first thing you need to know is programming!
have you ever done any coding? what language do you use?
based on that you can start from some API wrappers or open source bots to get started.

the second thing is to know trading itself.
have you ever done trading? are you familiar with the analysis and have a plan?
based on that you will know what to code. because a programmer is practically a translator who is translating what you want to do into "computer language"
August 10, 2017, 11:27:02 PM
Hello,

I want try create my own trading bot for poloniex or bittrex exchange.
Where can I learn and read about this theme?
Can I make it from local pc?

Pages:
Jump to: