Pages:
Author

Topic: How to deal with the big amount of possible upcoming scam ico's in future? - page 5. (Read 2618 times)

Activity: 766
Merit: 621
Own ONION
well if you don't feel comfortable with them, just avoid them, no one asked you to mine or buy any of these. People mine/buy because they want to gamble. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it is not. So completely your choice.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
What you guys thinking, will there be shittcoin warning list, websites or software informing about shit coins in near future?

Something like blacklist for email spam, IP spam...

Its clear, that it would need regulations to do so, but I wonder myself where all the hype will end, without having something like a shittcoin warning system...

What are your thoughts?

Who would be the people that decide which are shittcoins and why would we trust those people? Every single ICO out there has been called a scam and a shittcoin and worse, the only way to tell is just to research to hell and back before you put any money into anything.
VTS
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Licensing & Monetizing Digital Content!
What you guys thinking, will there be shittcoin warning list, websites or software informing about shit coins in near future?

Something like blacklist for email spam, IP spam...

Its clear, that it would need regulations to do so, but I wonder myself where all the hype will end, without having something like a shittcoin warning system...

What are your thoughts?

***UPDATE***

List might be the wrong attend!

>>> The current thought is community driven audit of coins and icos to prevent scam! Example: Before some1 issues an ico he could ask for audit and if the audit passes he could get a a badge... something like that, to increases trust.

1. There should be a committee democratically voted with min. 20 persons (to avoid corruption)
2. Applying for audit is based on the free will of an issuer
3. There are no hardcore regulations and no legal aspects
4. Its something like a professional opinion from chosen community members that adds extra trust and adds a little process to "separating wheat from chaff"

Well all very theoretically and for sure contains many problems in it in that state...

Something like a community driven audit service!

Pages:
Jump to: