Pages:
Author

Topic: How to decide on your cryptocoins? - page 2. (Read 1382 times)

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
January 23, 2017, 08:36:09 AM
100% do your research before you put your money into any coin, especially if you are looking at an ICO as these have the potential to go wrong, only recently it seems that Lithium has gone tits up and the dev has run off with the bitcoin that was invested.

There were warning signs with this one and people were warned, it's things like this that you should look out for, if a lot of members offer warnings and negative feedback perhaps it is not the coin to invest in.

Ultimately you need to invest a good bit of time.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 588
January 23, 2017, 08:19:11 AM
Maybe the title isn't as obvious as i want it to be, i wanted to know from people already investing in cryptocurrencies how to decide/research which coin is worth the money and which is not, what does it take for a coin to look successfull, strong code? Dev support? Most importantly, how to decide where to invest rather than taking advice on what to invest into.

The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community. Therefore, look carefully at the community.

If you have a growing community all other challenges self-resolve.

I agree with MicroGuy! So it means that you need to do some research/investigation before investing to any coin. Reading the forum or related topic to it will somehow clarify some of your doubts.
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
January 23, 2017, 08:17:07 AM

The heart of any cryptocurrency can be found in the spirit of its community. Therefore, look carefully at the community.

This is really the best advice one can get. If you are not too lazy to read, I am sure you wont make the wrong decision so fast as the are people in the community who have the ability based on their experience so far in alt coin that can even predict the outcome of a project from the point of Pre-ICO and most times they are always correct. So, the avenue is already created, just swim through...
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
January 23, 2017, 08:07:51 AM
Maybe the title isn't as obvious as i want it to be, i wanted to know from people already investing in cryptocurrencies how to decide/research which coin is worth the money and which is not, what does it take for a coin to look successfull, strong code? Dev support? Most importantly, how to decide where to invest rather than taking advice on what to invest into.

Activity: 747
Merit: 502
January 23, 2017, 06:27:12 AM
Pages:
Jump to: