Pages:
Author

Topic: How to detect plagiarism - page 2. (Read 588 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
September 09, 2019, 05:22:51 AM
Put the sentence or part of the sentence you think is plagiarized in quotation marks.
"Sentence you want to check here"

Google it or use another search engine if you don't use Google.
If the sentence is plagiarized the search engine should show your the exact results.

Then you compare the dates from the post on this forum to the source/s you found. If the post on Bitcointalk was made after the one that you found by doing the above it is usually a case of copy/pasting.

I said usually because it can still be the same person who posted the original text outside of Bitointalk.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
September 09, 2019, 03:05:38 AM
There are many techniques but the most often I use is a search based on "keywords". Some people tend to use not so often used words and then it's easy to find plagiarism in the search results. Word spinners made our detecting work more difficult but we still get those from time to time.

I hope you are not asking just to fine-tune your copy-paste spamming bot to fly under the radar /jk

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
September 08, 2019, 11:33:55 PM
There's a lot of ways to check plagiarism as many members mention above, but there is no shortcut or direct way of knowing it.
Unless you have Psychic, but there are talented people around that remember a single line from the article they've read and remember it when they saw it from other pages or sites.

But for people who do love to copy-paste from there to here, better watch out since people here are very observant for any possibility.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 2971
Block halving is coming.
September 08, 2019, 07:34:37 PM
Plagiarism here on the forum is not easy to find. In my own experienced I always check the patrol and copy all text and paste it to any free plagiarism checker like the link mention above. But I'm doing this for time to time because the forum is flooded by many post and spam so you need to copy the text on the patrol page from time to time and check it to any plagiarism checker.

List of tools that I use for checking plagiarism below:

- Paid Grammarly or Use the free version from here https://www.grammarly.com/plagiarism-checker
- Copyscape
- SmallSEOtools Plagiarism Checker
- Duplicate content checker by seoreviewstools
- Dupli Checker
- Manual search with Google - just copy partial and paste it to google.

Combination of paid Grammarly and other tools listed above are good they have different algo of finding plagiarism.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247
September 08, 2019, 06:00:51 PM
~snip~
Any one knows a strategy? If yes, let others know that. It can be helpful to find all copy-paste posts.

Use google and limit the search to the forum, for example:
"String you want to find" site:bitcointalk.org

Or simply use a plagiarism checker:
https://smallseotools.com/de/plagiarism-checker/
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
September 08, 2019, 05:29:58 PM
Any one knows a strategy? If yes, let others know that. It can be helpful to find all copy-paste posts.

You take a phrase from a post and stick it into Google. If it finds the same phrase posted earlier by someone else - that's plagiarism.

That's not a very scalable approach though. If you want to detect plagiarism en masse you need to optimize the search by (1) limiting the number of posts to check and/or (2) reducing the corpus to check against (not the whole internet).
Activity: 2226
Merit: 270
Chainjoes.com
September 08, 2019, 05:23:13 PM
 The newbie most opt for bounty on getting to the forum without knowing enough, they wants to make enough post to qualify. I made few post when I started and read more forum topics yet I had a lot of tags and acquisition from high rank members for poor quality post. The time I spend reading news, chats, posts, tweets and video gave me more knowledge of the space, sometime yesterday news is stale.  Mere copy of any post and put on google could reveal the original word. If any case demands quote the author and also write your opinion in your own words.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
September 08, 2019, 05:05:35 PM
There are always some topics created by newbie alt accounts complaining about banning of the main account. If you read the posts, you will find out the reason of almost all of them is
plagiarism
Whenever I read the replies and find the post that has been copied, I say " How smart is the reporter"
As there are many posts in the forum, I think finding copy-paste posts is really difficult.

Please any one who has experience in finding copy-paste posts tell us how did you find them?
Any idea how can we find plagiarism?

I guess you are right or maybe it helps cut and paste hide from detection.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
September 08, 2019, 05:03:31 PM
There are always some topics created by newbie alt accounts complaining about banning of the main account. If you read the posts, you will find out the reason of almost all of them is plagiarism.
Whenever I read the replies and find the post that has been copied, I say " How smart is the reporter"
As there are many posts in the forum, I think finding copy-paste posts is really difficult.

Please any one who has experience in finding copy-paste posts tell us how did you find them?
Any idea how can we find plagiarism?

Pages:
Jump to: