Pages:
Author

Topic: How to determine price of altcoin in the market? - page 3. (Read 377 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 10
Hehhe Smiley This is unpredictable market, especially talking about alternative currencies, Alts are highly volative on the market.
Activity: 238
Merit: 33
Unfortunately that will happen if you joined a bounty, received your rewards and Hold it. I've been in the bounties section many times and participated in many bounty programs and in my experience that always happens every time.

One time I read a conversation in one of my telegram's GC a two bounty hunter and they said that after they received the token and it's listed in some exchange they sell it immediately, my assumptions are:

1. As a bounty hunter the person needs profit urgently and so... when he/she receives the rewards and that token is listed to some exchange he/she automatically sells it.
2. All the bounty hunters know that all the people who receives the token (Bounty participants) will sell it immediately and in result the price will go down, so all the
participants will sell their token in fear of losing the value of the token if they going to hold it.

Once again this is just my assumptions or perception. It may be true in some point or not.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
SPOKKZ
I have participated in a bounty campaign and received my tokens. After few weeks, the price of the altcoin went down. Does it really happen? At first, the price is high, but goes down over time. How will I determine of the price will go down or up? Any tips? Thanks!
It is very difficult to predict the price of a token tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. But if you understand well how the market works then you can guess when the price of a token will grow. I know for sure that the price is rising before going to popular stock exchanges, and this is a fact!
Activity: 406
Merit: 36
Once a token or a coin hits the market, there is really no way to determine the possibility of a sell off or if there is going to be an outright increase in value immediately as most of the time, it just happens immediately and while some may be looking at it as a chance to sell as quick as possible to buy back lower, some real investors may just be holding and buying the dips. It is not something anyone can help unless the team are willing to hold the value strong as much as they can in the case of some trying to sell below the ICO price, but I am not sure if that happens that much or at all. If you want to follow the value of your altcoin however, you can make use of blockfolio just to keep seeing how they are doing.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
it is often and very likely to happen almost every new token and enter the market then the price suddenly dropped drastically from the previous price,
usually the price will go up when the product from ico has been launching or working well,
the best advice is to stay patient while monitoring and analyzing the ico
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
altcoins are pump and dump toys so you have to keep your eye open for pumps and try to figure out where on this cycle you are buying the coin. for example based on what you said here i assume you bought it on late part of the initial pumping step and then got dumped on.

what you need to do is that you should buy in the early pumping stages instead.

here is a quick thing i just drew helping you see the different phases. i hope it helps:

you basically want to buy in with the smart money as the volume is increase first but anywhere before the peak is a good buy chance specially the first panic sell moment although the risk is rising with the price rise.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
Let me tell you one thing, volatility is a big issue in the space and you need to either see yourself as an investor or trader, so that you won't be concern about every price swing. From what you describe above, it is possible the bounty tokens crashed the price but if it s a good project you have nothing in particular to worry about because the price will recover. I think you should learn more about the space
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Yes you're right it happens, however, I know of only one ICO in recent times that has not done this. Blockgrain.io team had the foresight and fairness to keep presale price equal to the main sale price. This shows what intentions a team has. Less focus on greed and more on onboarding the right people.

They’re aiming to automate the supply chain with Grain and later on Fruit/Vegetables/Wool.
These days, hardly any ICOs have what it takes to give 100% confidence to investors like me. They come up with the most random ideas and spend a few 100k dollars on marketing and building hype. Then they have token sales where pre-sale investors are given discounted rates. They end up dumping the coin as soon as there is an exchange listing.

You can get some tokens by promoting them on social media..If interested their BlockGrain.io bounty thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3332256.new#new
Activity: 197
Merit: 0
I have participated in a bounty campaign and received my tokens. After few weeks, the price of the altcoin went down. Does it really happen? At first, the price is high, but goes down over time. How will I determine of the price will go down or up? Any tips? Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: