Pages:
Author

Topic: How to Download Bitcoin core with 60GB storage - page 2. (Read 298 times)

Activity: 1358
Merit: 538
paper money is going away
If you're still puzzled about pruning in Bitcoin Core, think of it like this: imagine you have a phone with 60GB of storage, and you decide to prune 10GB of data. It doesn't mean you only download the latest 10GB of the blockchain. You still need to download nearly 600GB of the entire blockchain data. However, the older blockchain data gets deleted, leaving you with just the latest 10GB of downloaded blockchain data.

Here's some info on the size of the Bitcoin blockchain data, which tends to get updated regularly, usually differing by a few GB :
https://ycharts.com/indicators/bitcoin_blockchain_size

Opsi Prune Block Storage adalah untuk menyimpan database Blockchain sesuai dengan parameter (kapasitas storage) yang digunakan, sehingga setelah proses validasi dan kebutuhan untuk membangun database terpenuhi, maka untuk "raw block" dan "undo data" lama akan dihapus dan hanya akan menyimpan "raw block(blk.dat)" dan "undo data(rev.dat)" sesuai dengan parameter yang dipilih.

Misal dipilih parameter Prune Block Storage = 2GB, maka node hanya akan menyimpan "raw block(blk.dat)" dan "undo data(rev.dat)" sesuai dengan parameter tersebut

Limit minimal untuk Prune Block Storage adalah 550MiB / 577MB (MIN_DISK_SPACE_FOR_BLOCK_FILES = 550 * 1024 * 1024), jadi agan bisa menentukan parameter (custom size prune) sesuai dengan keinginan asal diatas limit minimal yang diperbolehkan.

Ilustrasi perbandingan Full Node dan Prune Node

Activity: 308
Merit: 176
Keep Promises !
I want to complete the [CHALLENGE] Run A Bitcoin Node: 14 Days but it require high storage like 700 GB but on my laptop had 256GB SSD from there i have only 60GB free space. there are any option to download with my 60GB storage or i need to buy 1TB HDD or SSD? i need your help. please give me a good suggestion.
You can set up prune mode of any storage of your choice  so the node will only store the recent block  capacity to the prune

If you are using the GUI mode you would be able to set it while installing  
Or you can navigate to settings > options --- you should see the prune block storage, set it and restart
 Command line :
-prune= value size of pruning(which is in megabytes)
E.g -prune=40000 =>40GB

Check the challenge and go through  the first page for the you will understand  much more better
Activity: 462
Merit: 414
I want to complete the [CHALLENGE] Run A Bitcoin Node: 14 Days but it require high storage like 700 GB but on my laptop had 256GB SSD from there i have only 60GB free space. there are any option to download with my 60GB storage or i need to buy 1TB HDD or SSD? i need your help. please give me a good suggestion.

You shouldn't have created a new topic but post this on this topic. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/challenge-run-a-bitcoin-node-14-days-to-14-merits-5480200.
So that the tech savvy will see it and tell you what to do because that thread is always been checked on by the OP.
Activity: 420
Merit: 272
Use prune Block storage option

When you install and run the Bitcoin Core app, you will see an option interface. there you will find the Prune option.from there you can set a limit according to your free storage like 20GB, 50GB, 100GB and more as you can afford. In this case, according to your storage, the block will be downloaded to Bitcoin core and they will be automatically synced and the next part will be downloaded automatically.  For this you will not need the entire 590GB to maximum 700GB of storage at once.  It will work with as much free storage as you have.

And if you already run Bitcoin Core skip that option. then you enter the setting. And from there enable prune block storage option with check mark and set your limit in the box. then it will work like that.

Activity: 420
Merit: 10
Pages:
Jump to: