Pages:
Author

Topic: How to explain BitCoin to someone who is not tech-savvy? - page 2. (Read 322 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 15
BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange
It might be difficult to explain how Bitcoin works to someone who doesn't know much about technology. Most people don't see anything wrong with current financial system and they even are against cryptocurrencies because a TV reporter told that it is dangerous and easy way to lose money. People don't know what inflation is and most of them don't care what their country's national central bank does. I'm afraid that some people won't be able to understand it due to huge lacks in education or simply laziness.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
I will explain by direct practice method.
Because if we just talk without showing or without us practicing I think they will just be confused and not understand at all or no picture at all.
while explaining we show how things work and how to do things.
we can also show some videos about bitcoin so they have an idea of ​​bitcoin and train whether they can be taught or not, if we teach bitcoin to people who do not understand the technology we must explain in detail and extra patience.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

You don't really have to make them understood what BTCis unless they invest. If they do invest thru you then I guess you somehow have the responsibility to make them understand what even blockchain is and the exchanges they can use to trade to be safer. Other than that they can read and learn them all  in the forum.
Activity: 420
Merit: 106
Best idea would be to find a good basic explanation on youtube and send them the link.

I'm sure there should be a few good non-technical videos on Youtube
Yeah, I think there might be a lot of such non-technical explanation videos about bitcoins on youtube. You should try those out. Even if the person doesn't have much knowledge about technology but, still know some important things about finance, economy, market,  he/she would be able to understand what bitcoin basically is. So you can explain it in 'non-technical' terms. It is simply an investment method which is pretty effective if you want to increase your money. But as some other profitable investments, even this has a little risk as the market can crash.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
There are a sh*t ton of videos on YouTube regarding how Bitcoin works but I prefer just to show my friends how it works via screen sharing or something like that.
Activity: 364
Merit: 1
to explain about bitcoin to people who do not understand or do not understand technology for me a very difficult job and to explain often with how to show it real how how it works, its regulation and its performances so that he can see and understand about bitcoin, that's the way often I use to explain bitcoin to friends or people who do not understand the technology
Activity: 2366
Merit: 332
People relate more with money. Introducing bitcoin as digital currency rather than cryptocurrency would help. So, it will be easier to assimilate bitcoin as a digital currency rather than the name bitcoin first. After the assimilation, we can then tell the person that bitcoin is a name of one of the internet or digital  currencies and that we have many others.

We can also support the teaching program with videos and tutorial materials from internet.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
I consider myself not a tech-savvy as well. But you know, you can just explain the basic things about bitcoin to them, well at least enough explanation until they can get a grip about bitcoin.
If they're interested to know even further, then ask them to browse this bitcointalk forum, since i learn everything from here. Reading the posts and such, and from knowing nothing, i can now understand and explain bitcoin to others.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
How would you explain what BitCoin is to someone that is not tech-savvy?
Please share your ideas here.
Even the person is not really a tech-savvy type but he/she is willing to learn then it will be easy, as we do have a lots of venue to use in order to give them a glimpse of information, first try to use your own way, if how you approach and adopt bitcoin , giving them such idea will lead them to gather interest with this industry, then use google or youtube to begin enhancing their knowledge after they already gain interest with your guidance, then bring them here inside the forum to read more, what is important is the interest that you will see  because it will lead  them to be more eager to understand bitcoin.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0

It's very simple, bitcoin is like a regular currency, just decentralized. That is, no one can track it and it does not belong to any bank. How blockchain works, you can watch the video on the same youtube.
Activity: 98
Merit: 5
I think it's very hard for you to explain bitcoin to someone who doesn't understand bitcoin technology, you can find a video for him to understand and then explain it to him, which is a lot better.
Activity: 461
Merit: 101
I think it is difficult, if he does not understand the technology, should we have to explain the technology first before explaining bitcoin.

in theory, maybe he will easily catch the theory about bitcoin, but he will be difficult to practice.
It will definitely difficult to explain this type of subject when it comes to those who are never been exposed or been hands on even in a simple gadget. Yes, people who have never been exposed to gadgets are still exists especially our old ones that lived in the rural areas. So yes by theory if you explain it briefly and in a simple discussion they will probably understand it, bit in handling it I guess they will find it difficult too.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
I will not explain it to them and let youtube do its work. But, if necessary, I will only explain to them that bitcoin is a new form of money that is not the same as fiat and is much more easier to transfer. I will not go deeper into the blockchain because they will not be interested and I will just tell them that bitcoin is used as a substitute exchange in businesses because it is more secured and more accessible.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 509
This question has been answered many times already in this forum. I believe on the saying that, "If there's a wheel, there's a way". If the person is really interested to know Bitcoin and cryptocurrency, he will exert effort to study and learn it. No need for you to teach him the whole thing. He should invest time and effort on something he really wants to know. If we want to help them, let's just teach them the basics and the rest is up to them!
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
The easiest way to explain is to tell him your bitcoin experience. Maybe that person will understand what bitcoin does
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
I would lend them my books on blockchain and cryptocurrency markets, and when they read these books.
So they would know how bitcoin works and how it works.
Activity: 305
[PROFISH.IO]
To be honest, I'm not good at explaining something. Instead I explain it in simple words, I rather explain it in complex. That just the way I was. I would prefer to check youtube to watch videos about crypto currency and this forum, the read threads about bitcoin and any cryptocurrency. That way, it can be simple. But if they want any idea, I'm open to that. I can give them what they want but they need to understand what am I saying.
Activity: 219
Merit: 101
The first in terms of providing an understanding of bitcoin to people who have not fully understood the technology is to provide a core understanding of the benefits so that they will learn about bitcoin. Let's say that with bitcoin activity we will definitely get great benefits. because I think giving someone an understanding of bitcoin will be very difficult if the person has absolutely no desire to learn it.
I think there are better ways to handle the situation than this, the one which is my favourite and I have done it on many people is what I am going to share here with you all, you can copy it for your own good if you like it. What I do is that firstly I tell them how fiat currency came into existence and how people were resistant towards fiat currency when it was slowly and gradually taking over from the gold and barter system. When they show their interest at that point I tell them about the recent shifting from fiat currency to crypto currency and that is when they start asking questions themselves which shows their level of interest, hence they end up learning about the crypto by their own questions.
Activity: 212
Merit: 3
The point of a tech-savvy who really does not understand the tech world, like someone who lives in the forest? Or is someone who lives in the city but does not understand technology, but they who know tv, have mobile phones or other technological tools. For the type of person who lives in the city but does not understand the technology is very easy to explain. For example we analogy about bitcoins like pulses, not physically visible but valuable. Because the function bitcoin is not much different like the pulse. But if someone who does not know the outside world, they just live in the forest I'm sure it's very unlikely to understand what bitcoin is.
Activity: 1210
I think it is difficult, if he does not understand the technology, should we have to explain the technology first before explaining bitcoin.

in theory, maybe he will easily catch the theory about bitcoin, but he will be difficult to practice.
Pages:
Jump to: