Pages:
Author

Topic: How To Explain Bitcoin To Your Grandparents - page 3. (Read 3646 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Most grandparents probably aren't going to get it... but they - along with Warren Buffet - won't be here long anyway.  Target parents and below instead. Grin

If I had to try and explain it, I'd oversimplify: bitcoins are tokens, a bit like money, but they're stored on computers and phones, and people can send them electronically, over the internet, to anyone, anywhere in the world, almost instantly.  Because people send bitcoins directly to one another, they don't need banks or bank accounts.

For a millennial, when it comes to Bitcoin, your grandparents are a much easier sell than your parents. Keep it simple, like cash you can use on the Internet.

that's what I usually say. If they want to know how it can't be stolen, I explain the distributed ledger as "all computers keeping all transactions because computers are so powerful now".
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
Most grandparents probably aren't going to get it... but they - along with Warren Buffet - won't be here long anyway.  Target parents and below instead. Grin

If I had to try and explain it, I'd oversimplify: bitcoins are tokens, a bit like money, but they're stored on computers and phones, and people can send them electronically, over the internet, to anyone, anywhere in the world, almost instantly.  Because people send bitcoins directly to one another, they don't need banks or bank accounts.

For a millennial, when it comes to Bitcoin, your grandparents are a much easier sell than your parents. Keep it simple, like cash you can use on the Internet.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Explain? No.

Murder your grandparents, and melt your inherited fiat into crypto. Win at life.

This statement may be considered my professional financial advice as a Bitcoin Professional(tm).

That's not the way to win.
Pfftt.. says the old guy!

In all seriousness, just explain to them what stepwise logarithmic growth is

How many times a day do you post that image... rofl
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
when speaking to your grandparents please do not let this be the first sentance out of your lips
"bitcoin is a decentralized, digital money. that is created, held and spent electronically around the world"

it will raise more questions than answers.

try keeping it simple, you dont need to explain all the details using bigwords

its money on used from the computer that is secured by you and not a bank, so theres less fee's and less deays. its money without limits grandma
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Best way is to show them a paper wallet.
Activity: 74
I will show this to my grandfather and give you a feedback will he take out his savings from bank to invest in bitcoin or not haha
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
How to talk to your grandparents about Bitcoin kinda depends on your grandparents.

My grandparents are the kind of people that, if I still talked to them, I'd tell them that Bitcoin is a fad and they should put all their money in tbills and MBS derivatives.
Activity: 27
Here's how you can explain it to your grandparents and your kids, as well as anybody else who needs it explained like they're five:

"Bitcoin is money that hasn't been widely adopted."

The end.
Activity: 253
Apparently other people's grandparents are smarter than mine...
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
Explain? No.

Murder your grandparents, and melt your inherited fiat into crypto. Win at life.

This statement may be considered my professional financial advice as a Bitcoin Professional(tm).

Pfftt.. says the old guy!

In all seriousness, just explain to them what stepwise logarithmic growth is

Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Nope..
Guys, you want a headache?  Try helping granny connect her smart phone to the bluetooth in her Lexus.  Holy mother&$#@.......

Happy Mother's Day
Activity: 15
Nice post, explain to grandparents can be another way of popularization of btc
Activity: 42
Good innitiative but I don't agree that this is the best way.. Wink

You're explaining so much details thus having to explain a ton about normal currencies that they don't know/understand.

I'd just say:

"Hey granny, you know.. before there was mail, but now there is e-mail. You know that right?"

"Well, Yeah but I don't use it. My phone can only send text Message"

"Yeah well, now there is e-currency aswell"

"Yeah? How does THAT work?"

"Like Money, but it's New so not everyone uses it yet"

/Guru
Activity: 28
http://i.imgur.com/ubyBY01.jpg

MOD NOTE:
Removed embedded image to make thread easier to read  Grin

Thats very cool, I shall be printing this out for my Parents. (There not very tech savvy)  Roll Eyes
Activity: 476
Explain? No.

The way to win a sore asshole in the prison showers...

For sure!

Activity: 249
Everything in the physical world is slowly converting to digital.  Currency is the last piece of paper to change over and its time has come.
Activity: 740
Merit: 501
Explain? No.

The way to win a sore asshole in the prison showers...
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
Explain? No.

That's a pretty disturbing remark for you to make, Beliathon.
You know, one can tell a lot about someone by their sense of humor.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I will show this to my grandmother,but i doubt she will take out her savings from bank to invest in bitcoin.
The pamphlet explains it more as an alternative currency to FIAT.

They need an add-on pamphlet for Wall Street comparing it to gold & silver, and the mathematics of why it will become deflationary as adoption becomes more widespread among an ever growing 7 billion population.
Pages:
Jump to: