Pages:
Author

Topic: How to find the first 35 digits of bitcoin private key - page 2. (Read 379 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 1
You have missed the first 35 characters of your private key and now you want to calculate them? Am I getting you correctly? If so, there is no solution for that.
If you had missed a few characters, you could find them through brute-force method. But there is no way to brute-force a private key with 35 missing characters.

No - I want to know the calculation of first 35 characters in wif (compress or uncompressed) format remaining 17 will be find with brute force.
Activity: 35
Merit: 2
This depends on several things,
If you say digits, I'll assume hex format.

One option would be to, as the previous user said, brute force 140 bits, which is a waste of time unless you get extremely lucky.
But if you have the corresponding public key, it should take a lot less than that, about 2 ^ 70 operations on average.
This would be the software you'd use, or a similar one with some modifications:
https://github.com/JeanLucPons/Kangaroo
That should be doable with a pretty big investment in renting GPUs and a small modification of existing programs to add stride.
But if the address is an ancient one with hundreds or thousands of BTC, it would be worth it.

With all that said, in case you bought this from some guy, it's most probably a scam.

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
You have missed the first 35 characters of your private key and now you want to calculate them? Am I getting you correctly? If so, there is no solution for that.
If you had missed a few characters, you could find them through brute-force method. But there is no way to brute-force a private key with 35 missing characters.
Activity: 5
Merit: 1
Is there any way How to find the first 35 digits of bitcoin private key? anyone know the calculation ?
Pages:
Jump to: