Pages:
Author

Topic: How to generate Bitcoin Address? - page 2. (Read 70325 times)

Activity: 763
Merit: 500
August 28, 2013, 04:21:12 PM
Every 256 bit number is a private key,…
nitpicking mode: that's not true. there is a very very very small range of numbers, which do not lift properly on the underlying elliptic curve.
jp
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
August 28, 2013, 04:09:24 PM
I wrote on article on how to create a Bitcoin Address with JavaScript. It's very in depth, and explains step by step the entire process. Hopefully it helps.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
May 13, 2013, 12:16:42 AM
The private key is a random 256 bit number.  Every 256 bit number is a private key, but some are safer than others.  You should use the strongest entropy source that you can get your hands on to generate them.

The public key is then simply pubkey = G * PrivKey.  The catch is that * is EC multiplication in the appropriate modular elliptic curve field and G is the base point of that curve.

From there, it is just a matter of hashing and encoding to generate the address.

All of this is well published.  Would you like some tips on searching?
a small gift of 0.02btc has been sent to your address for your help..
May 12, 2013, 07:20:42 PM
The private key is a random 256 bit number.  Every 256 bit number is a private key, but some are safer than others.  You should use the strongest entropy source that you can get your hands on to generate them.

The public key is then simply pubkey = G * PrivKey.  The catch is that * is EC multiplication in the appropriate modular elliptic curve field and G is the base point of that curve.

From there, it is just a matter of hashing and encoding to generate the address.

Yes, plz. I'm quite interested in this and would like to know more.. please show me some keywords on the searching..
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1026
May 12, 2013, 06:30:13 PM

May 12, 2013, 06:23:25 PM
I understand that to create a bitcoin address, one has to have a private ECDSA key first. What I don't know is how to take the corresponding public key generated with it. Are the private/public keys of ECDSA generated at the same time? Or is there any algorithm for us to calculate the public key based on the private one?
Pages:
Jump to: