Pages:
Author

Topic: how to get BTC in the UK? - page 2. (Read 1124 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
May 06, 2013, 12:06:12 PM
I just did a wire transfer, and i had to pay a £36 fee, the money didnt appear on my mt gox account till 2 days after.
I'll have to look into the faster payments, i didnt see that as an option when i was looking into getting some money into mt gox.
I've only being doing this for a week, so i'm still a noob Smiley

That's because you're sending abroad to China or when ever MtGox's bank is located. When I sell Bitcoins via UK Bank Transfer it is free to any UK bank. My buyers never pay fee's. It is also instant.
Activity: 18
May 06, 2013, 12:04:59 PM
I just did a wire transfer, and i had to pay a £36 fee, the money didnt appear on my mt gox account till 2 days after.
I'll have to look into the faster payments, i didnt see that as an option when i was looking into getting some money into mt gox.
I've only being doing this for a week, so i'm still a noob Smiley
May 06, 2013, 11:57:10 AM
Oh yeah theres also a fee as well, can remember how much it was, but i think it was a fixed fee.

No it's free, all Faster Payments are free.
May 06, 2013, 11:55:00 AM
Oh yeah theres also a fee as well, can remember how much it was, but i think it was a fixed fee.
May 06, 2013, 11:54:10 AM
If you bank with barclays you can do it without even leaving your home, you can do it online in a few minutes.
 The actual transfer takes a couple of days though.
As long as you've signed up to their pin sentry system your good to go!.

It's instant, all UK Faster Payments are free and instant. I deal with Bitcoin via that method.
May 06, 2013, 11:53:20 AM
If you bank with barclays you can do it without even leaving your home, you can do it online in a few minutes.
 The actual transfer takes a couple of days though.
As long as you've signed up to their pin sentry system your good to go!.
Activity: 7
May 06, 2013, 11:31:34 AM
You have a fair few options - Bitbargain, Local Bitcoins, Bbitcoin Fridge and Speedy Bitcoin. All of these have quite high fees. You can also try Bitstamp, but you'll get hit with high SEPA fees from your bank, unless you use a money transfer service like Tranzfers. Have a look at the BitcoinUK subreddit.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
First DJ to play gigs for Bitcoin & Crypto Guru
May 06, 2013, 10:58:43 AM
Been spending far too much time trying to get BTC through bank transfers here in the UK

blockchain seems not to be accepting ANY form of payment to get bitcoins

if have asked a few old sellers and no joy, all the other websites seem to be very expensive mark ups

any advice for newbies in the UK trying to get BTC?
Pages:
Jump to: