Pages:
Author

Topic: How to get into the escrow offering business? - page 2. (Read 983 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024
I've started offering escrow in my local and just doing it for small transaction so they will trust me with the transaction because the amount is not any larger than my accounts value. ai've began escrowing mainly to help and not to make a business. Also I'm doing escrow for free. I think that's how most escrow providers starts here. People who already trust them are the ones who uses their service at the start and once they get enough rep they will be recommended by his/her previous customers to potential customers.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282
You shouldn't aim to get in the escrow business. Do legitimate trades, start getting people to trust you, and eventually people will ask you to escrow something, because they think you are trustworthy and because it's either a lower amount, or the "main" escrow's aren't online. Gradually, you'll get more people asking and then you can open an escrow service.

Documented trades is the true measure of someone's trustworthiness in the forum. Maybe you can start doing business in the forums.

Don't purposely do trades, just for the sake of getting trust and wanting to become an escrow.

The escrow business isn't that profitable anyway since most of them just offer it for free and it's just a service to the community.

Minerjones/OGNasty charges a minimum of 0.01BTC/escrow, so it can be profitable.

Activity: 588
Merit: 250
It's a lost cause. You'll just be slapped hard by some DT members here and told to just stop and lock. I've seen it quite some time.

Usually, people trust escrows with a lot of trusts too from the forum. Documented trades is the true measure of someone's trustworthiness in the forum. Maybe you can start doing business in the forums. The escrow business isn't that profitable anyway since most of them just offer it for free and it's just a service to the community.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
Is it still possible to get into the escrow offering business on this forum?

I see the same 2 or 3 names offered or requested as escrow options - have these three cornered this market?

I know what escrow is, how to do it. I'm trustworthy (although not yet documented on this forum). Offering the service isn't the difficult part. It's the getting someone to choose you, especially when others who aren't part of the transaction are rooting against you or saying "you've never done it before, just go with [Name of Member Who Always Does It]".

I've tried to break in before and got quickly denied by people who weren't even part of the transaction, so please excuse my cynical remark.

Seriously - any ideas? Or is this a lost cause? Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: