Pages:
Author

Topic: How to get started on escrowing? - page 2. (Read 478 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
October 16, 2017, 04:17:50 PM
May I ask why you're interested in doing it out of pure curiosity?

It seems like a potential universe of ball ache for not a great deal of gain. This forum is infested with slugs who'll go all out to rape each other and I assume escrows get regularly caught in the middle.

I'd say if you'd earned enough trust to be escrowing you could probably find a way to capitalise on it better with straightforward trading of some sort.

One way to learn how it's done would be to check the profiles of this forum's highest profile escrows and read all their posts. You'll be able to follow the arc of how they go to where they are. It might take bloody ages but it'll all be on the page to be picked up.

This guy has now possibly the worst trust rating on the forum, but he was very active trading and escrowing until it all went wrong -

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/quickseller-358020

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/quickseller-358020;sa=showPosts;start=11400

copper member
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1325
I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"
October 16, 2017, 03:53:44 PM

Get trusted basically. If you haven't traded with anyone who risked funds with you, you haven't shown that you can handle XBTC without scamming. By the time you are trusted enough to be an escrow, you'll probably have people go up to you asking to escrow their trade even if you don't have a thread. Simply being on the forums for a year is not enough trust to be an escrow, as there are hundreds of thousands of accounts that are over that age that most people wouldn't trust.

Yeah, i thought so. The problem is that if you need people to trust you in order to gain trust, how can you make the first deal (i don't know if the point is quite clear here).

Become at least a hero member here which means you successfully spent around 480 days on the forum.
He must be Involved into 100s of trades(Not small even big and huge ones) before starting and have a good standing on the forum.
Must have proper security setup to handle coins(So, his wallet won't get hacked while giving service to customers) and should have a backup to cover loses due to his fault.
Must have knowledge about nearly all type of things that are being escrowed by him.
and...

The list has much more things to cover that can be added but for now, it's enough.

Quite as much as above... At first I thought about trying to enter through steam trades, as my steam account is quite "leveled", but the the real question came into my mind: do people really need that type of service?
Activity: 1092
Merit: 582
October 16, 2017, 03:48:33 PM
Become at least a hero member here which means you successfully spent around 480 days on the forum.
He must be Involved into 100s of trades(Not small even big and huge ones) before starting and have a good standing on the forum.
Must have proper security setup to handle coins(So, his wallet won't get hacked while giving service to customers) and should have a backup to cover loses due to his fault.
Must have knowledge about nearly all type of things that are being escrowed by him.
and...

The list has much more things to cover that can be added but for now, it's enough.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282
October 16, 2017, 03:43:11 PM
Get trusted basically. If you haven't traded with anyone who risked funds with you, you haven't shown that you can handle XBTC without scamming. By the time you are trusted enough to be an escrow, you'll probably have people go up to you asking to escrow their trade even if you don't have a thread. Simply being on the forums for a year is not enough trust to be an escrow, as there are hundreds of thousands of accounts that are over that age that most people wouldn't trust.
copper member
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1325
I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"
October 16, 2017, 03:39:25 PM
After being around the forums for about a year, I find the escrow service a really interesting one, and would like to be able to be one myself when I rank up a little bit more. I guess that there are still some key points I'd need to know on how to becoming a good escrow (basically not getting a shiny red trust from day 0). So there goes my question, any tips on how to be an escrow?
Pages:
Jump to: