Pages:
Author

Topic: How to Identify Good ICOs for Investment - page 3. (Read 747 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 1
September 13, 2019, 06:47:21 PM
For me the easiest  way is to look at the team behind the ico and find out if they have a track record. With with what they said they want to do . With that it should be easy to tell if an ico with do well or not it whether it is a scam
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 13, 2019, 06:36:55 PM
I hope to find the answer of this question, after i lost my money, i invest in ICO, finally, no any ICO invest success.

Activity: 966
Merit: 111
September 13, 2019, 05:30:51 PM
To identify a good ICOs for investment isn't a tasky challenge, just follow the listed steps below
1. Always go through the project’s white paper
2. Team's qualification
3. The Business model and future development
4. Open cap or Hard cap
5. Checking on bitcointalk.org thread.

Everything you say is actually true.
And that is indeed the way to find a good ICO. But unfortunately all the ways you say don't have a big impact on success. Because ICO is no longer the first choice for investment, many people have moved from ICO to IEO.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
September 13, 2019, 03:23:45 PM
To identify good ICOs for investment, you have to study the project carefully: reading the whitepaper, checking the authenticity and experience of team members, check if the product is good and needed by the crypto community, and visit the website and social media of the project to read the feedback from the community.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1280
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
September 13, 2019, 03:19:12 PM
To identify a good ICOs for investment isn't a tasky challenge, just follow the listed steps below
2. Team's qualification
4. Open cap or Hard cap

This covers all the needed thing in order to differentiate a good ICO from half baked one.  Alas, this does not guarantee that the project will be successful or not.  I have seen several projects that have a good development team but declared bankruptcy over the course of development thus folding the project and leaving the token holder bagholding worthless tokens/coins. 
Activity: 448
September 13, 2019, 02:30:37 PM
This is really great. How I wish I've learnt about this two years ago when I was newly participating in bounty hunting. Majority of us have fallen for shit because of lack of access to this information.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 502
September 13, 2019, 02:28:28 PM
The better form of token sale is IEO. For example held on Binance launchpad.
Then you need skilled team that already created working cryptocurrency.
Rich github, active community on all social media sites.
That should be enough.  Cool
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
September 13, 2019, 02:24:12 PM
2. Team's qualification
4. Open cap or Hard cap
Activity: 286
Merit: 3
https://goldeth.io/
September 08, 2019, 02:28:17 PM
the most important thing in the ico project is the whitepaper because all the project contents are listed in the whitepaper, then make sure the team and developer background in managing the project beforehand and also always track their transparency on website and also their social media sites
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
September 08, 2019, 02:27:47 PM
For me it is still very difficult to determine which project is really good and which is just a hoax. I try to carefully study the project, all the information. Guided by seasoned experts bounty companies.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
September 08, 2019, 01:52:50 PM
Most of advise on this link is good, and really helpful for newbie. Review on their team, make sure their team have strong background and also have linkedin before they launch ICO/IEO, nowadays many developer team create linkedin only for ICO/IEO. I ever met some people who just made linkedin, when i search on google i never found their name, it must be fake team. When you review team, do not focus too much on advisors, more focus in every single person except advisors.

Review business plan, most of them said "Roadmap" / "Ecosystem", are they business plan really realible?  are they business already exist? Personally i dont like coin if their busines is not ready or exist.

Dont easy amaze with whitepaper, i saw many coin/token with very interesting concept, very interesting whitepaper, and finally goes to fail project
Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz
September 08, 2019, 10:16:25 AM
Reading other people's articles for reference is good, but we must doing our own research as well.
To identify a good ICO, you will need to know the ICO is very legit, otherwise it will scam you and take your money.
Good ICO will makes many investors participating in their project, so we know that good ICO will have good amount of peoples participating.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
September 07, 2019, 08:42:01 AM

Following the tips given on that article above can be helpful but not a guarantee that something will not go wrong as there are many good projects that caught the attention (and the purse, of course) of many but they eventually turned out to be a big nightmare to the tune of millions of dollars flying into thin air and the supporters left with empty plastic bags (hope they don't throw them into the ocean!).

The truth is that the very nature of the ICO platform is quite risky -- very risky -- all because the marketplace is not regulated and when anything is not regulated that is when the dark side of human nature can easily take in. With no sense of legal responsibly, project proponents and developers change theirs mask into that of a scammer.

Hopefully, with the coming of the IEO where exchanges are injected into the scene, things can get better but until there is a clear-cut regulation on the whole crowdfunding process there is no guarantee that a project will not, one day sooner or later,  just evaporate like a vapor under the light of the sun. Oh, well...

That absence of clear defined regulation is the reason many project devs find it so easy to exit scam. Once they find a way to raise money via ICO it suddenly becomes difficult to follow through on the project. IEO is good but it is still not a safe haven for investors as there is still that niggling risk of losing money from abandoned projects
Activity: 104
September 07, 2019, 06:45:42 AM
Good points in the article and I definitely agree that all those will need to be checked before you invest on an ICO. There are aso good websites who will help you verify if the company/project is legit or not. You need to check everything that you could these days so that you're sure that your money/investment is in good hands before participating.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
September 07, 2019, 06:35:25 AM
in this forum many also suggest steps to produce a good ICO, so that we avoid fraud. most of them stated that the team played an important role for the success of an ICO. with a good team experience on a project, of course, will run a good project as well. maybe there are some other things that must be considered as well, such as the roadmap on a project, and the timeliness to run it, this can also be an indication
Having read the roadmap and how they are moving along with it is the most important part of the deal. I mean the team could be existing of people you have never heard of but that doesn't mean they will not follow up on what they do. If they have a roadmap that they are planning to follow and if you let them do a bit then you will see if they are actually doing what they promised or not, depending on that we could see a good team that will make a difference.

Of course, if the coin itself doesn't make any sense to you then there is no point of following the coin and you can just leave but if the idea itself is intriguing then you can just keep an eye on it. I never invest into any ICO without waiting a bit first, I follow them up until last second and invest like a day before its closed if I like the idea.
Activity: 812
September 05, 2019, 10:01:49 PM

I already read the article, it says you must go through the whitepaper of the project.
This is the step where not everyone does. Peoples often to skip the whitepaper, but with reading the whitepaper
actually you can find the project is scam or not. Creating whitepaper need some time and cost to pay writers, scam project usually plagiarize other project's whitepaper to eliminate the cost.
So, checking whitepaper is good to identify a project.
Activity: 896
Merit: 108
September 05, 2019, 06:30:28 PM
A very useful article, can be used as a reference for investors and newcomers who do not understand the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Lay people are interested because cryptocurrency can provide huge benefits, without understanding the risks are also large, so it's easy to get caught cheats and disappointed, finally blaming and assuming dangerous crptocurrency. Though there are many things to consider.
There are five criteria explained in the article. The first thing I analyze before joining a project is the Business model and future development, it's very important to know the benefits of the project for the long term. After that Team Profile. If the team profile looks fake, there is no convincing social media activity, it could be a cheater trying to trick you.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
September 05, 2019, 03:52:55 PM
I have failed a lot in my initial investments in ICOs in 2018. The majority of projects are fraudulent and just want to steal investors' money.
I was very subjective and after reading the article, I realized that my analytical skills were really poor and needed to be improved. It was very helpful to me.
You will improve in the right time if you dedicate time and work for it. The experience that you have last year is already a good initiative to become watchful about projects because you now have an idea on what to look at if ever you want to invest again.

You can also now figure it out if there's something sketchy within the project.
Activity: 616
Merit: 502
September 05, 2019, 08:43:23 AM

Following the tips given on that article above can be helpful but not a guarantee that something will not go wrong as there are many good projects that caught the attention (and the purse, of course) of many but they eventually turned out to be a big nightmare to the tune of millions of dollars flying into thin air and the supporters left with empty plastic bags (hope they don't throw them into the ocean!).

The truth is that the very nature of the ICO platform is quite risky -- very risky -- all because the marketplace is not regulated and when anything is not regulated that is when the dark side of human nature can easily take in. With no sense of legal responsibly, project proponents and developers change theirs mask into that of a scammer.

Hopefully, with the coming of the IEO where exchanges are injected into the scene, things can get better but until there is a clear-cut regulation on the whole crowdfunding process there is no guarantee that a project will not, one day sooner or later,  just evaporate like a vapor under the light of the sun. Oh, well...

I couldn't agree more. I've so many experienced regarding about good ICOs that turned out to be a scam at the end off the sale, it was very heartbreaking, because you are hoping you could make good money from it but it all vanished into thin air just like what you have said. The only thing that we could do is to keep on trying, no matter how many times we have been scammed, it is important for us not to be taken down by obstacles in life.

We have to keep in our mind that not all of the ICO will turned out to be a scam at the end, though finding a good one is a hard thing to do since you can't know what will happen unless you are going to try it.
Activity: 1050
September 04, 2019, 11:58:24 PM
You have to study the ICO project carefully to make sure it is worth your investment, because there are so many scam ICOs right now. If the project have a good and useful product, a clear and detailed whitepaper, and backed by an experienced and talented team, then it is maybe going to succeed.
Yes. Research is the best tool to end up in a good and legit ICO. But if we find it hard to identify those potential ICOs, this bitcointalk forum would be a great help to ask suggestions from those experienced ones and learn from their own brilliant ideas. It's good to work on your own but it would be much better if you motivate yourself to work well with others too.
in this forum many also suggest steps to produce a good ICO, so that we avoid fraud. most of them stated that the team played an important role for the success of an ICO. with a good team experience on a project, of course, will run a good project as well. maybe there are some other things that must be considered as well, such as the roadmap on a project, and the timeliness to run it, this can also be an indication
Pages:
Jump to: