Pages:
Author

Topic: How to identify SCAMS? Got in one :( - page 3. (Read 472 times)

Activity: 99
Merit: 0
July 02, 2018, 01:07:52 AM
Actually it is really tough to find the scam coin at a glance in the market of crypto currency. Actually this is a decentralized market and so it is difficult to find the fake scheme. You can see the past record of the coins and you should be very careful regarding new coins. Experts’ opinion can also be helpful. Moreover try to invest in a real coin like bitcoin.
Activity: 224
June 29, 2018, 05:45:18 AM
Recently Scamming has increased a lot. I am very sorry for your lost.You can check their token sale to see whether it is progressing or not because some scam sites hide their token sales.You can also check whether it is a transparent company or not. Like it is giving up to date report to user or not.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
June 28, 2018, 07:41:12 PM
If there were universal ways to define a scam, then fraudulent projects would simply not exist. Even the most successful at first glance project may be a bench.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 505
June 28, 2018, 07:32:20 PM
A lot of scams happening in the ICO market due to lack of knowledge and desperation to dive into crypto market. Although there are many ways by which you can identify these scams like: Team profiles, whitepaper technicalities and etc. But is there any way to identify when all these things are taken care of?
as I just lost some money in a scam named DenCity. Everything seemed genuine at first. what to do in such cases or for assurance?
There is no assurance for that, if you have been loosing your money and you can't get it back again. As far as i know that all of the lost result in the crypto is permanent and it can't be reverted. So you can try t do a lot of dilligence later. There is a lot of scammer and that's why i need a few weeks to identifying an ico.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
June 28, 2018, 07:29:40 PM
There is no such a method to determine whether the project is real or scam. On the other side creating a coin is not a hard thing to do and the scammers will try their best and make something best to convince people to invest in their project. However you can minimize the risk for being scam by learning their whitapaper, checking the team behing the project and get in touch with them, asking the community is a good thing to do though, the last maybe visit some ICO review sites.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
June 28, 2018, 07:27:01 PM
You already answered your question.

Lack of knowledge and desperation.

Try to remove these two and start educating yourself first before investing to ICOs and don't be too desperate about the profit. Don't be so greedy so that you'll not be landing on scam ICOs.
Activity: 756
Merit: 256
HEX: Longer pays better
June 28, 2018, 07:22:52 PM
I think only way to identify scam project is learning experience and knowledge about investing in ICO project form other investors whom have joined cryptocurrency world for long time.  But I think you should prepare money for tuition cause I don't think anyone will really share their knowledge and experience for you if they're not your family members or your friends Grin
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
June 28, 2018, 07:20:22 PM
There are many ICO scam campaigns recently and to determine which is not easy. In addition to analyzing the index as well as looking at the website review, it is essential to do that to ask people on Social the potential of that project to make the most accurate investment decision.
Activity: 266
June 28, 2018, 07:15:36 PM
The most asked question I think. My tips to identify is go through the white paper thoroghly, look into the projects and the team working behind. See the website properly too. These might help.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
June 27, 2018, 03:20:35 AM
A lot of scams happening in the ICO market due to lack of knowledge and desperation to dive into crypto market. Although there are many ways by which you can identify these scams like: Team profiles, whitepaper technicalities and etc. But is there any way to identify when all these things are taken care of?
as I just lost some money in a scam named DenCity. Everything seemed genuine at first. what to do in such cases or for assurance?
Pages:
Jump to: