Pages:
Author

Topic: How to Import Private Keys into Smartphone Digital Wallet (Bitcoin Wallet app)? - page 2. (Read 20887 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Not sure this question belongs in this forum but seemed to be the closest area to what I need help on.

I have a smartphone android app I am using ("Bitcoin Wallet" by ANDREAS SCHILDBACH) and getting familiar with.

I have generated my own vanity Bitcoin wallet pub-priv key-pair on separate high-speed computing platform that I'd like to incorporate into my Smartphone's Digital Wallet. I am assuming that this app is using standard format wallet storage base 58. My problem is this app has no way that I can discern to directly import just a single new key-pair except that I can get the public key in by having it scan in a QR image that I can externally generate from cut-and-pate of key into a webutility. But the only apparent way to get the private key in is to import it with a new wallet file. I can't locate the directory in the android device to find the unencrypted "archive" version of the wallet that it says is in existence to hand edit in the private keys and import this way. I suspect I would have to root it to get to that data but don't want to void warranties or screw up the OS etc.  I can however find an encrypted version of it but of course can't easily edit in the private key and re-import the whole wallet again.

Any ideas on how to get a new key-pair into my smartphone wallet around the app without risking losing the existing keys the app auto-generated at first activation?

Huh
Pages:
Jump to: