Pages:
Author

Topic: How to know if a coin is overvalued? - page 2. (Read 206 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 1
April 13, 2018, 05:24:56 PM
You can tell right away if its overvalued or not just look for its purpose, does it really justify the means of its price if you think its not, most of the time you are right.Just think does a mcdonalds burger should be priced 100 dollars if you think it does maybe you are right. see my point it really depends on the eye of the beerholder.
Activity: 464
Merit: 250
April 13, 2018, 05:14:50 PM
A good way to learn if a coin is overvalued is comparing it to similar projects and coins. You can ask yourself why this coin worths that much while the similar one worths less. There can be many different reasons for it . It can be pumped by a pump group or a fameous person. Never invest in a coin before doing your own research about it.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
April 13, 2018, 05:09:27 PM
How do I know if some altcoin is overvalued. Can currencies be more valued than platforms than tokens? Are they valued after how much they are used in real life?

There is no undervalued project. As for it to gain in market value people have to decide that it is worth what it is worth. There are some projects that in my opinion shouldn't be in top 50 such as tron and verge for instance (there are others as well, don't get me wrong here). Mostly what you will see is when some coins get pumped hard and thus you can see by the chart that it can be overvalued by simply looking at charts. Or yet watch for projects that have an idea but not working product as they are useless until their project get lunched.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system
April 13, 2018, 05:06:16 PM
How do I know if some altcoin is overvalued. Can currencies be more valued than platforms than tokens? Are they valued after how much they are used in real life?
I think that the main factor of revaluation of a coin is when it grows in price very much because of some news and the coin itself did not do anything meaningful, besides that everything is beautifully written on paper
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
April 13, 2018, 04:59:51 PM
A project that lacks good competing power with similar projects in the same line, that is having too much hype in price is known to me as overvalued.
Another factor that i consider most is if a coin has just been listed and within a very short time, the price had gone above x5 or x10 above the ICO price and if the coin has billions of supply, with high trading volume, i will simply conclude that it is overvalued and which might still easily dump.
Activity: 833
Merit: 267
April 13, 2018, 04:51:10 PM

There are many altcoins which gets crazy pump during the bullrun of bitcoin i would like to give example of an altcoin named dogecoin as there was not much unique about this altcoin but still people invested into it in the flow but ended up losing much. Instead of following trend we need to check the uniqueness and specialization of the altcoin to know if it is overvalued or undervalued.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 306
C U
April 13, 2018, 04:44:19 PM
well my friend, it's not related to that, a cryptocurrency is a thing that haves a value.. the coin has earned that value because of the exchangers giving it that value and because of the investors!
a coin or a token being overvalued when they reach a value that surpasses its valuation for a period of time, look at BTC for ex. last year it reached 20k and got back into 8K .. when it was 20k it was really overvalued in that period.
gon
Activity: 460
Merit: 251
April 13, 2018, 04:29:25 PM

Well, I personally find for overvalued coins and tokens without a real products. Like Cardano and Tron - a simple token valued for billions.

If you are looking for a good investments, search for projects with at least MVP.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
April 13, 2018, 04:21:56 PM
The price corresponds with the coin's total capitalization. So to estimate the possible total cap just compare a capitalization of any competitors for the project which are already traded for a long time. Thus, you can see if the token is overvalued or still have a potential to grow.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
April 13, 2018, 04:14:16 PM
Use tehnical analysis so that you will know if your coin is going to be overvalued ,so that you can immediately take your profits ahead than may others who are trading blindly.Basically when you have your technical indicators you would be able to identify your coin's movements using these indicators you would have some good idea when is the best time for your entry and exits.
Activity: 322
Merit: 141
April 13, 2018, 04:11:38 PM
Make a fundamental analysis, see what it's offering, if there are any real products - goods or services. Also, take a look at its potential. Now correlate this too, say, Ethereum..... and see if it is overvalued or not. And yes, of course, it's mandatory for you to check the total tokens/coins supply and correlate that as well.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
April 13, 2018, 04:06:04 PM

When you look at the chart and there you see that the price is at ATH than you can start to think that this coin is overvalued but still two weeks later you can see another ATH. That coin is overvalued not means that price will stop to rise. This is so-called speculation. The hall market is one big speculation.
Activity: 28
April 13, 2018, 04:01:29 PM

the best advice is to check its total market value in coinmarketcap then check the project if it has a product because some project doesnt have product but still with high value

D45
Activity: 2114
Merit: 530
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
April 13, 2018, 03:58:42 PM
I think the best way to know if a coin is overvalue is to look at the trading volume if it directly correlate with the price movement, if know actual demand for this coin then that means the market feel the current price is high and does not worth buying at that time, this happened to BTC, the volume was drying up but the price kept moving high before the price crash
Activity: 59
April 13, 2018, 03:52:29 PM
Pages:
Jump to: