Pages:
Author

Topic: How to know if the project is fake? - page 25. (Read 6528 times)

Activity: 633
Merit: 10
July 18, 2020, 03:04:13 AM
its very rare traders and investors really check the developer team address, and i am sure they will not honest with their office location . only top project that have real office and could check, but for new project i am not sure it will happen. i am still have no good skill to said project was a fake .
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
July 18, 2020, 02:43:09 AM
That's a good way to start. The first thing we should do is search about the team members and verify if they are really involved in the project. Most of the fake ICO uses fake names and create new linkedin Ids with those fake names. If you encounter no other reference of the member and just a number of social profile that seem to be made recently than they are surely scam.
You can also try calling the phone number and inquiry the person who picks it up to find how serious they are about the project.
Activity: 81
Merit: 6
July 18, 2020, 02:37:03 AM
Fake project is really frustrating if you're one of the victim especially for investors and bounty hunters.
I had read an interesting way to make sure the project is real. You can identify the project is fake by it's address of the company who is running IEO/ICO. Fake project would be indentify with this way because they put fake location. You can check it with google maps to verify if it's real.

So how do you indentify if the project is fake?
Pages:
Jump to: